Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Default Virtual DOD? Why not?

Now that physical DOD are no longer available, why not replace them with virtual DOD?

I design it and, SOE charges me a lesser rate than the physical DOD sold for and, instantly places them in my card inventory instead of waiting the six weeks (or sometimes months) that we did for the physical variety.
    The graphics for this are already in place. How hard could it be? Give me virtual DOD SOE, and I WILL BUY THEM.

I have a thread for this in the TCG Forum at the FROF. Please feel free to post there if you support this idea.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Tommy0327 is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Virtual DOD? Why not?

What's a DOD
    Spoiler: show
    Actually wrapped in a spoiler but still awesome!

Sn0wB0arder is offline Explorer

What is DOD???

Sn0wB0arder is offline Explorer

Sorry didnt see tommy already posted tht XD

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Layla Littlenymph View Post
    Now that physical DOD are no longer available, why not replace them with virtual DOD?

I design it and, SOE charges me a lesser rate than the physical DOD sold for and, instantly places them in my card inventory instead of waiting the six weeks (or sometimes months) that we did for the physical variety.
    The graphics for this are already in place. How hard could it be? Give me virtual DOD SOE, and I WILL BUY THEM.

I have a thread for this in the TCG Forum at the FROF. Please feel free to post there if you support this idea.
    Although I have no more hope for the TCG to improve, this would have been a better idea than delaying the physical DoD cards. Now if only they still allowed Pet Trainer DoDs...
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

DOD = Duelist on Demand, they are the TCG version of you in a card. US only.

Like i said before, Support.

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

I definitely agree with you, Layla, that having virtual DoD (Duelist-on-Demand) TCG cards available in the FR marketplace is a superb idea. I hope the price is less (no need to worry about mailing; and if we use less paper, we save more trees, lol). It will be instantaneous, no waiting time at all, no delayed gratification, lol. Not to regard the USA being special, other TCG players in other countries could buy the virtual version.

I had a bad experience ordering the physical DoD vouchers. During the Triple SC Weekend 3 months ago, I ordered 8 DoD print vouchers. Unfortunately, I could not print them; I usually got a window message telling me that "the server could not process" the voucher. I sent a ticket, and SOE promptly responded, giving me instructions what to do. I replied back to them (help@freerealms.com) via email that I was unable to print the vouchers. After 72 hours, they emailed me back that the problem has been resolved since they had not heard from me (when in fact I emailed them back). Huh? I sent another ticket with the same problem, giving me different instructions, and still unsuccessful. Same incident occurred when they assumed my problem was resolved since they have not heard from me after 72 hours. Huh? It was like Groundhog Day, lol. I think what I should have done, was to respond to them in game via the support history.

Anyway, to keep the story short, still unable to fix whatever glitch was causing my problem, my next ticket eventually reached their Billing Department, that they would refund the SC back to my wallet; and I could order the print vouchers again. I got another email the following day, that they couldn't put the SC back until I spent down on my SC; which means that if SOE refunded the SC into my SC wallet, I would go beyond the maximum limit ($200 = 20000 SC). I was asking myself then, why would I spend down my SC on items I already bought or on other ‘crapolic’ items. A month passed by, I did spend down my SC on vaultberries, lol. I sent another ticket telling them that my SC wallet was ready to accept the SC refund with open arms, and I did get the refund. I went to the FR marketplace to re-order the print vouchers, and behold, the DoD print voucher was nowhere to be found. Dang it!

If SOE introduces the digital DoD print vouchers, for all levels, i.e. 1, 5, 10, 15 and 20; and all jobs including Pet Trainer, Fisherman, and Soccer Player, lol; I will still be inclined to buy these vouchers. I think a lot of people playing TCG have money to spend on these vouchers. Ka-ching! It is a win-win situation for SOE and the buyers. Let's go digital!
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Firemumbles View Post
    I definitely agree with you, Layla, that having virtual DoD (Duelist-on-Demand) TCG cards available in the FR marketplace is a superb idea. I hope the price is less (no need to worry about mailing; and if we use less paper, we save more trees, lol). It will be instantaneous, no waiting time at all, no delayed gratification, lol. Not to regard the USA being special, other TCG players in other countries could buy the virtual version.

I had a bad experience ordering the physical DoD vouchers. During the Triple SC Weekend 3 months ago, I ordered 8 DoD print vouchers. Unfortunately, I could not print them; I usually got a window message telling me that "the server could not process" the voucher. I sent a ticket, and SOE promptly responded, giving me instructions what to do. I replied back to them (help@freerealms.com) via email that I was unable to print the vouchers. After 72 hours, they emailed me back that the problem has been resolved since they had not heard from me (when in fact I emailed them back). Huh? I sent another ticket with the same problem, giving me different instructions, and still unsuccessful. Same incident occurred when they assumed my problem was resolved since they have not heard from me after 72 hours. Huh? It was like Groundhog Day, lol. I think what I should have done, was to respond to them in game via the support history.

Anyway, to keep the story short, still unable to fix whatever glitch was causing my problem, my next ticket eventually reached their Billing Department, that they would refund the SC back to my wallet; and I could order the print vouchers again. I got another email the following day, that they couldn't put the SC back until I spent down on my SC; which means that if SOE refunded the SC into my SC wallet, I would go beyond the maximum limit ($200 = 20000 SC). I was asking myself then, why would I spend down my SC on items I already bought or on other ‘crapolic’ items. A month passed by, I did spend down my SC on vaultberries, lol. I sent another ticket telling them that my SC wallet was ready to accept the SC refund with open arms, and I did get the refund. I went to the FR marketplace to re-order the print vouchers, and behold, the DoD print voucher was nowhere to be found. Dang it!

If SOE introduces the digital DoD print vouchers, for all levels, i.e. 1, 5, 10, 15 and 20; and all jobs including Pet Trainer, Fisherman, and Soccer Player, lol; I will still be inclined to buy these vouchers. I think a lot of people playing TCG have money to spend on these vouchers. Ka-ching! It is a win-win situation for SOE and the buyers. Let's go digital!
    It clearly says in huge bold letters not to reply through the e-mail LOL, how did you miss it?

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

I was so clueless then, lol. It was a reflex response from me when somebody sends me an email, I reply back in the same email, lol. It was funny when I replied to help@freerealms.com, I got an email from help@clonewars.com the following day, and I don't even play Clone Wars, lol. I made a mistake, but I did learn from it, lol.

I might have missed the "huge bold letter" warning, because I use Forte Agent as my email client, which I think, only sends/receives messages in text version.
    Last edited by Brett Firemumbles; 09-06-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: 20/20 hindsight
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (: