Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Icy Rose is offline Master Gamer

Icon9 Tips On How To Prevent Scamming (:

As you probably know lots of people get scammed each month in Free Realms due to giving into other player's "honest words" like when they say "You can trust me." Or getting scammed by people who know how to hack other player's accounts or hack the game. Or even being scammed by people who know "special glitches" that gets them the items you place in the trading window without you pressing the check mark. I have a few suggestions and tips on how to prevent being scammed. (See below.)

- NEVER trust people who say they want to try on the clothes you're wearing because "they want to see if it looks good on them." Just tell them a simple no, or I don't know you very well and leave. They will try it on but they will NOT trade it back.

- NEVER trust people who are desperate for a trade or people who can become aggressive when you decline their trade. They may know hacks and stuff that can take the stuff you put in the trading window.

- NEVER trust people who try to persuade you into trading with them. For example, they may say "I really, really want your top ... can I buy it from you?" You would probably say "no" and if they want to persuade you they may tell you lies and say, "I will give you rocker pants in TCG if you give me that top. I PROMISE to give you the VR right after you trade the top."

- I'm not saying to not trade at all but to trade with people who are your friends and you know VERY well and you trust them.

- If you get scammed report it to SOE / send in a ticket so you can get your item back.

Thanks for taking time to read this. (:
    I just want everyone to be safe with trading and to not get scammed at all or anymore. (:
    ~As well you can check the list of known scammers in the Forum just in case you want to know some of the "famous", but mostly wanted scammers.

(\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(")(") IGN:
    Icy Rose

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Tips On How To Prevent Scamming (:

Good guide! (this should be a sticky)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Noblemind View Post
    Good guide! (this should be a sticky)
    Sort of got inspired when my friend got scammed.
    Hope she got her item back..

How do you get it stickied? >_>
    Last edited by Icy Rose; 06-28-2010 at 04:07 PM.
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(")(") IGN:
    Icy Rose

trish19 is offline Master Gamer

-____- why scammers!!!??? Why!?
    I got Hacked a lot in my cool accs in other games Noes!!!

----

DawnSeastar is offline Master Gamer

Thank you for posting these; they should probably make this a sticky thread.

Unfortunately, when I traded with Abby1243, I didn't know she was a scammer. She's the kind of scammer who knows the "special glitches" you described. She was somehow able to mess up the images on the items and turn them weird colors(example: a bundle of gummyfruit might show up as a vest blouse and be completely blue) and even though the vests she promised me were there when I pressed the check mark, only one of them actually ended up in my inventory. The odd colors continued for several more trades, but fortunately I was able to get a vest blouse from someone else...(Thank you Valerie Wolfcrest!)
    Last edited by DawnSeastar; 06-28-2010 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trish19 View Post
    -____- why scammers!!!??? Why!?
    I got Hacked a lot in my cool accs in other games Noes!!!
    That's too bad. ):
    Another reason why I made this was to help put a stop to scamming. (:
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(")(") IGN:
    Icy Rose

angelicaldream is offline Pro Gamer

RIGHT BEFORE I read a post on here about someone getting a shirt stolen from the hack where someone got what he had offered in a trade (after that someone removed their own trade item) without him clicking the check, a girl randomly traded requested me and put up some cool hoodies, and after I made an offer she real quick took the hoodies out of the trade and clicked her check. I exited right away but I wonder now if she had known about the hack and merely (luckily for me) hadn't successfully done it.

PS I also think that this should be stickied, it's mainly through having seen warnings about people "trying on" and never returning clothes that I've never been guilted into letting anyone "try on" my clothes

People need to warned in a thread that can be easily found.
    Last edited by angelicaldream; 06-28-2010 at 03:59 PM.
    Read the second issue of the Free Realms Newspaper!
    http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...ad.php?t=24163

thezoom is offline Master Gamer

i once got scammed buy a guy who said he would give me a shirt (i forget what it was now, all i know is that it was RARE.) for 20,000 coins so we went into trade and he put in the shirt then i put in the coins then i clicked the check mark and he took the shirt out real quick and clicked the check mark. he got the money and the shirt, so i got a ref and told her the name of the guy and to get me my coins back which she did but the guy got to keep the 20,000 he got from me. i was still mad at the guy so i went looking for him everyday for a week after the incident untill i finally decided to let it go.

XboxLive Gamertag: beastin billy

Jennifer Wolflight is offline Master Gamer

Thanks for the tips
    Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver, the other is gold.

☆☆☆

venom56 is offline Pro Gamer

like other ppl said this should be stickied and yes i have got scammed and i put a ticket in and i got my item AND i think the dude got banned cause i never saw him in sanctuary or any where again ( he partied in sanctuary a lot)
    name: Kyle Alexmar
    Guild: Insiders. Since July 30, 2010
    servers: 1 or 10 ( unless they crash)
    PWNED: A complete shut down of a person, place or thing!
    plz to tell this to any mom, dad, anty, uncle, frog, hobo! cause i want to make ppl less dumb every day.

If you believe in jesus christ and you arent afraid to admit it. Put this is your siggie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast