Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Mizzila

Title: Thank you, and Good-bye ♥

Mizzila is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Thank you, and Good-bye ♥

First, I know Ashley has created a thread to keep most discussion about the closure of FreeRealms all in one place, so I hope it's alright that I made a new thread. I have made this thread to, not so much talk about the closure of FreeRealms, but to say Thank you and my farewells to everybody. There's just been some things I've really been wanting to say for so long about FreeRealms, and I figured now's as good a time as any.

Also, warning, incredibly long post, sad story, and a little bit of complaining ahead.

------------

I am devastated to hear of the closure of our beloved game, FreeRealms. I have played the game since it came out in April of 2009. I started with a free account, and I stopped playing in June of 2009. December 12th, 2009, I created my main character Lexi Fireblossom. I have been a proud member of FreeRealms ever since.
    I was upset when they got rid of the Royal Vault, and I know a lot of other people were, too. I have not been entirely happy with some of their more recent updates, but they have had some pretty great updates as well, such as Sunstone Valley, and the Hero's Journal to name a couple.
    I was also very upset when they got rid of the pet trainer job - I had made it to level 19 and 1/2... Then I had to go to bed that night and I woke up the next morning to an update note saying they removed Pet Trainer. I never got to make it to level 20! That odd number in my job selection panel has been bothering me ever since.
    Despite all of the updates that I have not liked, and the ones I have really enjoyed, no matter what happened to the game I always enjoyed every moment I played it, and I will enjoy every last moment I have with the game until the day it closes.

I have made a number of friends over the years, and to each and every one of you, Thank you. Thank you for being there, thank you for taking a moment to go out of your way to say 'Hi,' and thank you for never judging me.
    To most of you, I was just another person in Sacred Grove, and to others, I was just some stranger they saw around. What most people don't know is that I appreciated each and every time somebody said 'Hi' to me, and I enjoyed every moment of each friendship.

For 3 painful years of my life, I went through severe stomach pain 24/7 and I was rushed to the emergency room at least once every week for a very long time. In early 2013, I got my stomach pain taken care of.
    But through it all, in between visits to the emergency room, in between doctors appointments, and I think even one time while I was still in the emergency room, I was online. I was enjoying doing tasks, exploring, and chatting with friends.
    If it wasn't for FreeRealms, I would not have been able to make it through those 3 years. I would have felt entirely alone and isolated.

I got to explore an entire world, I got to talk to hundreds of people, all those nights I couldn't sleep, it was still daytime (usually) in FreeRealms, and there was almost always somebody online to help me with battles, tasks, or to just throw a party! FreeRealms helped me take my mind off of the pain.

I know for a lot of people, you're probably saying "Hey, it's just a game. It's a virtual world, it's not that big a deal that it's closing." But for me, that is not the case. Yes, I know it's just a game. Yes, I know it's just a bunch of pixels. But, when you are stuck in bed, not knowing if you're ever going to get better, and not knowing if the pain will ever stop, FreeRealms made me feel healthy. FreeRealms helped the time pass quicker.

I wasn't social much during the time I was ill, so not only did FreeRealms help me pass the time, and it was something I could do just about any time I wanted, I also made a few close friends. And if it wasn't for those friends, I probably would have gone weeks on end not talking to anybody except my Sister and my Parents. (I have nothing against talking to them, but everybody needs friends!)

I'm sorry if I'm dwelling on the past, and I'm sorry if this is a rather depressing thing to read. Please, don't feel bad if you chuckle at anything I write, and please don't view me any other way since I'm sharing this. I don't mean to darken anybody's day, so please don't let what I've said make you feel sad.

This is really a happy writing, a way of saying Thank you.
    And I mean, sincerely, THANK YOU.
    Sony, I don't think you will ever fully understand how much this game honestly means to me, and how much it really helped me through some very difficult times in my life. To the developers, the artists, the referees, the ambassadors, and everyone else who helped in the making and maintaining of this game, a million times, THANK YOU.
    Please remember that you guys made me, and many other people, smile everyday because of your wonderful game. It hurts to see it end, but I will now and forever hold onto every memory I have of our beloved game and cherish every second I have spent playing the game.

So, farewell citizens of FreeRealms, and good bye Sacred Grove. I will enjoy each moment I have left with the game, and thank you for such wonderful adventures. I can't wait to see what other games you guys have in store for us.

Thanks everyone for such a wonderful time in the realms!
    I'll be on MMOCentralForums as Tyrynn if anyone needs me.

Gummybearzrawr is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Thank you, and Good-bye ♥

I really wish we had the chance to get to know each other! FreeRealms was also my escape from reality...

IGN~Gummy
    ßear

Mizzila is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Thank you, and Good-bye ♥

I wish we did, too.
    Nothing says we can't still go and do some quests in game while we still have time, though!

Thanks everyone for such a wonderful time in the realms!
    I'll be on MMOCentralForums as Tyrynn if anyone needs me.