Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Mistyspring
  • 1 Post By StephanieStonyray
  • 4 Post By The Flaming Trident

Title: Suspicions? Free Realms not shutting down?

RayWonderMetal is offline Pro Gamer

Default Suspicions? Free Realms not shutting down?

Because the news of Free Realms shutting down shocked me, it took me a while to start to question things. Now I have become very suspicious about it. There is a rather large possibility that this could be a giant prank, even though their prices and obvious lust for money has gone up. I mean, come on, of all the days to choose to shut down Free Realms, they choose the day before April? April fools, anyone?

I mean, I can already see it - loads of people at the seaside counting down until the game ends and then BAM it's April Fools to celebrate their 5th year or something on those lines.

I made a film dedicated to my memories on Free Realms and everything! I spent my whole day doing that and now I kinda regret doing so.

So...any thoughts?

*I swear no one goes on this as much as everyone used to*
    ~ I wish everyone the best as they depart from the lovely world and community of Free Realms ~

Mistyspring is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Suspicions? Free Realms not shutting down?

They chose that day because it's the end of the first quarter of the business season, or something along these lines. But if it is a joke, it's a very stupid joke.
    marywaffle58 likes this.
    SOE: Where games go to die.

Kayopuro is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by RayWonderMetal View Post
    I mean, come on, of all the days to choose to shut down Free Realms, they choose the day before April? April fools, anyone?
    That could be the day they run their year on?

It's not a joke. They haven't leaked anything about it being a joke, and look at all the sites that are saying the games are closing.

We were all in denial, but it's time we face the facts. Free Realms has hit an all time low these past few months? years?

This ends on a good note.

People online: 1
    Bots online: 4,349

StephanieStonyray is offline Master Gamer

This is not a joke. It has been confirmed by Steve, the SOE President, and several others.

March 31st is the last official day of Free Realms. They have stated that their resources are needed elsewhere, such as their new games Everquest Next and Landmark.
    Beta for those start on March 31st, so does that mean it's a joke too?

No.

The game is closing, and people are having mixed reactions. Some could care less and some are sad, but the truth is that Free Realms IS closing.
    Dawn73 likes this.

Free Realms Player 2009-2014 ~ FR Youtuber since Oct. 2012
    The FR community was always the best one <3

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieStonyray View Post
    This is not a joke. It has been confirmed by Steve, the SOE President, and several others.

March 31st is the last official day of Free Realms. They have stated that their resources are needed elsewhere, such as their new games Everquest Next and Landmark.
    Beta for those start on March 31st, so does that mean it's a joke too?

No.

The game is closing, and people are having mixed reactions. Some could care less and some are sad, but the truth is that Free Realms IS closing.
    Steve isn't the president of SOE, he is the producer of Free Realms.

Anyways, there are at least 10 other threads to choose from and read all about this subject, RayWonderMetal.
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

The Flaming Trident is offline Master Gamer

Yeah.... no.

They also announced the shutdown of Clone Wars, Wizardry, and Vanguard. Clone Wars shuts down the same date (March 31st). While Wizardry and Vanguard shut down in like July or something. Due to 3 other games being shut down, it sounds pretty legit. it makes little to no sense for them to say "LOL JK FR AND CWA ARE STAYING U GUYS GOT TROLLD APRIL FOOLS" and then just pull the plug on Vanguard and Wizardry when all 4 games were announced to shut down.

RayWonderMetal is offline Pro Gamer

I literally just found out about it all in one day, so I was extremely confused. When I was talking with others and they told me more about it, I realised that they're probably really serious about it shutting down, but the first people I heard about it from were people who were in denial, so I wasn't really sure what to think.
    ~ I wish everyone the best as they depart from the lovely world and community of Free Realms ~

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Yep. A lot of people have been bitten by that pesky denial bug. They will get over it eventually. Most of us already have.

DespicableDani is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by zachpuppy View Post
    Steve isn't the president of SOE, he is the producer of Free Realms.

Anyways, there are at least 10 other threads to choose from and read all about this subject, RayWonderMetal.
    She meant Steve, and the SOE president, and several others in a list format.

It's not a joke, sorry.
    My adventure ends here.