Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Title: Sunstone valley WHATS YOUR OPINION??

Charlie_girl is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Sunstone valley WHATS YOUR OPINION??

Sunstone valley is truthfully kinda boring, dont get me wrong, but to me i would have enjoyed a jungle, or lavender coast. Tell me what you guys think.

***please no haters i 'm just not obsessed***

TheFlyingTurtle is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Sunstone valley WHATS YOUR OPINION??

I personally LOVE Sunstone Valley, the open combat areas are tons of fun, the atmosphere that it gives is great, and the place is huuuuge! The music sounds good even after listening to it a thousand times, and the combat music is upbeat. The new mining is quick, that's a good thing, and the ability to create more than just weapons as a blacksmith is an awesome addition. I had tons of fun exploring the place looking for the exploration coins, those rocks make great climbing platforms. Also, who DOESN'T want to ride in a giant robot mech or on a motorcycle? Even if they do cost SC, it's cool to know that they exist. Oh, and this new addition means lots more out of bounds exploring for me, hehehe...

Overall, I was really suprised, SOE did great on ths update! What makes it boring for you? You should really try what I mentioned above.
    IGN: James Bigpeach

ok i will but you know...

TheFlyingTurtle is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_girl View Post
    ok i will but you know...
    Eh? What do I know?
    IGN: James Bigpeach

oh nothing...

Kelvin64 is offline Master Gamer

It's okay. The combat is still lame though, which ruins a lot. Sunstone is more of a step in nearly the right direction for SOE, and if they just keep going it'll get better.

I still haven't found all the exploration coins though, and it's keeping me occupied for now, so I guess it's fun.

i've found one coin and its elite... but i agree its not as good as i would have wanted it to be..

I was only able to get on for a little bit because my computer wants to crash every time I get on, but from what little I've seen, it's pretty cool. Not a fan of the open combat though. I like it for special events like the Gloam Invasion, but it's not very convenient for someone like me who just wants to explore.

"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

-Lewis
    Carroll

Lunarphase is offline Explorer

I'm not a fan of it either really, I think that it's just because I'm still a noob and can get killed easy in the open areas O.o so maybe I'll like it more when I level up, I really don't know lol. I do find it entertaining looking for the coins in Sunstone though if anything.

Zyonmkxq is offline Banned

I was prestimistic about the update at first but I am quite honestly suprised and impressed at how well of a job SOE has done. The area offers more exploration coins then any other area and an amazing reward for completing them. The area offers like 30+ new quests, new pet pals and items. And the area offers a few new bosses. (Dont really know what the point is in fighting them though, Im not sure if they have any independant loot from the other mobs.)

I also love the feel to it, it is similar to borderlands. The desert/junkyard theme really brings back some nostalgia of playing that game.

I am disappointed about the lack of new collections. For such a large area SOE could have easily added more area specific collections sort of like how briarwood has the mushroom collections and black spore has the fossil/artifact collections. I would have liked to see like 10 more collections added. I could make up some of my own examples if they were intrested in my ideas.

In conclusion, I am preety happy about the update. Though in my opinion just like in any update, people hype it up in anticipation and then they experience/complete all the new content within a day or 2 and then its like they are crashing from a sugar high. I cant wait until they further the expansion with the release of Glimmer Deep and other areas. Hopefully this marks a turning point for SOE and perhaps they will deliver more content on a more routine basis however I sort of doubt it and I think that is preety much the thought that is resonating amoung most players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast