Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    freakwonder is offline Explorer

Default Sucking the fun out of FR

Is it just me, or is SoE slowly sucking the fun out of the wonderful game we call Free Realms? Think about this: It seems to me, Free Realms is all about having a world of your own where you have a lot of freedom to work with. You can talk to your friends and hang out or explore. One thing I think contradicts this "freedom" is that SoE puts limits on where users can go all over the land. Used to, you could visit the Pixiewood sign or jump onto the waterfall and have parties. Now with these new updates, we cant do nearly half of what we used to. Also, I think that the filter for chat is kinda harsh. I experimented the limits and found out it has problems with these words/emoticons: -_-, something, on, and any combination of 2 words that supposedly make a number. Anyway, to back this all up i surveyed people in FR and they do agree with me about it being a little less fun. Lets see what you think.

Crashfreak200 is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Sucking the fun out of FR

Did U No We Can 't Say *** Anymore
    Watch My Video's On Youtube....
    Here

tismon is offline Master Gamer

######### #### ####### ######
    In short, I agree somewhat on the chat filter being messed up, but I'm still trying to figure out if that's on purpose or a huge glitch. Mostly, it's just really annoying.

As for OOB areas, I can understand the areas that are actually being constructed and such, but they are taking it a bit overboard (at least officially).

The biggest problem that I have is that they're making every effort to make the game "balanced" in tickets/coins and when someone finds someplace that's even a bit unbalanced, they change it to the other extreme. Pretty much anytime we find something fun/unusual, they try to block it or change it.

I'm glad that they're still trying to add new content because that's their saving grace to a break record of limiting updates.

Okay, I'm done. Thanks.

Sleepingwolf is offline Amateur Gamer

I haven't really noticed any restrictions on where I can go, usually though when they make a change like that it's because you were never supposed to be able to get to that spot in the first place and there's a danger of getting stuck or glitching in some way.

speedster is offline Banned

Icon2 Re: Sucking the fun out of FR

yeah I also agree its becoming less fun.you cant type numbers in free realms. WHY???

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingwolf View Post
    I haven't really noticed any restrictions on where I can go, usually though when they make a change like that it's because you were never supposed to be able to get to that spot in the first place and there's a danger of getting stuck or glitching in some way.
    what kind of restrictions? also i noticed i am getting stuck teleporting to snohill warpstone.
    Last edited by speedster; 07-23-2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

tismon is offline Master Gamer

As sad as it is, I've gotten stuck more often trying to go around a tree in the regular areas than I have in any OOB areas, but like I said, I still agree mostly with the policy.

The reason it blocks something is because it has the name of a [edited - please keep it appropriate for all ages.] in the middle of it. So####ing
    Master of all jobs and lover of red!

Totoro is offline Explorer

How can you get stuck anywhere? You just teleport to one of the stones and go on your way. The only time I ever got "stuck" was in the Sanctuary throne room, when it wouldn't let me click on the door to get out. Even then I think you can go up to menu and use the "teleport me to safety" option.

And the filter is the worst I have seen. 4 out of 5 times I have no idea why it filtered it, until I piece the letters together and discover some crazy swear word I would never have thought of. An innocent question like "what water are you talking about?" gets filtered.

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro View Post
    How can you get stuck anywhere? You just teleport to one of the stones and go on your way. The only time I ever got "stuck" was in the Sanctuary throne room, when it wouldn't let me click on the door to get out. Even then I think you can go up to menu and use the "teleport me to safety" option.
    I believe the Warp stones stop responding in some areas (As in, you click on them and you don't teleport. Just like the twilight zone of FR), and so does the unstuck button. So you need to contact a ref to get you out of there :I

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Neoanne409 is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by freakwonder View Post
    Is it just me, or is SoE slowly sucking the fun out of the wonderful game we call Free Realms? Think about this: It seems to me, Free Realms is all about having a world of your own where you have a lot of freedom to work with. You can talk to your friends and hang out or explore. One thing I think contradicts this "freedom" is that SoE puts limits on where users can go all over the land. Used to, you could visit the Pixiewood sign or jump onto the waterfall and have parties. Now with these new updates, we cant do nearly half of what we used to. Also, I think that the filter for chat is kinda harsh. I experimented the limits and found out it has problems with these words/emoticons: -_-, something, on, and any combination of 2 words that supposedly make a number. Anyway, to back this all up i surveyed people in FR and they do agree with me about it being a little less fun. Lets see what you think.
    I absolutly agree with you. Also, Banana is banned. Like everybody else said, me and my friends get stuck in usual areas. Not things like the Pixiewood sign or the waterfall. And -_- is my favorite emote, and they BANNED IT D: They are slowly taking all the fun stuff away. And yet we still play, and do nothing. If they continue to take more and more away, I don't see myself wanting to play anymore.
    ♥~Violets Free Market~♥
    Equipment, Accessories, Shards, Consumables, TCG & Collections! Stop by today!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast