Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ashley Preciousfable
  • 1 Post By hhhenry

Title: Stand alone FR - a possiblity

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

Default Stand alone FR - a possiblity

This would be only on your computer- there would be no connection with an SOE server. You would be the one player and likely only able to be a tourist. You already have most of FR on your computer. This is what happens when you have to wait for megabytes of download to do something or go somewhere. This version has to exist at SOE for development work. Nothing requiring SOE sever would work. My guess is no crafting, minigames, TCG, or Pirates. You might be able to go thru dungeons but would need to leave before the end. Nothing involving a reward would work. Also, no collecting, picking up items, buying or selling items. Any of this might crash the game. More later.

Default Re: Stand alone FR - a possiblity

Sony, of course, will never release a stand alone version. 1 - They are a large corporation and they don't think like that (unlike a small company like Cyan with Myst URU). 2 They don't understand that FR is different. 3. Even if no one ever did anything with it again, FR is still, technically, an asset that would count, for example, if Sony sold SOE - a good possibility one way or the other. If FR was ever revived by another company, it would certainly be a complete start over so nothing you have or have earned would be there. But, if you want to hope for stand alone, you want to keep FR on your computer and make it as fat as possible. Go to every area, visit every dungeon, fishing hole, race track, etc. Find anything that downloads megabytes. There is reason for hope. More

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Free Realms still owns all of the rights of the content within the game, and the game's mechanics as well. I highly doubt they'll sell it to anyone as is for a stand alone game, and it would be illegal for anyone to create private servers with their produced content. If it ever did come back in another way (again VERY unlikely) I'm sure they would offer it again for download. No need to tie up computer space, kwim?
    GriffinSilentgulf likes this.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Ijaz is offline Amateur Gamer

Don't think anyone wants the burden of hosting a server which i think costs too? not sure plus they would need to be good with coding tbh. But if its stand alone with no multiplayer then i think thats going to get pretty boring lol.
    Last edited by Ijaz; 03-26-2014 at 03:29 PM.
    ._.

The very slim possibility of a stand alone is the only thing I see. Server multiplayer would be close to impossible, unless you had the cooperation of SOE which is unlikely to the point of impossible. Sort of like "If you ever want to see your little girl [FR] alive again...[stand alone]". Some of us really like the world and it's landscape and would visit it just for that. For action of any kind, it's over.
    Princess Celestina likes this.

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

Sorry, closing this thread down. It's still SOE's property and we have to respect that (and the ToS we signed). Private servers are not allowed by most (if not all) companies as it is using their design & usually modifying it.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.