Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Title: Spooktacular Costumes...hmm...

JesterGirl is offline Master Gamer

Default Spooktacular Costumes...hmm...

Is it just me, or is anyone else disappointed with the Spooktacular Costumes this year so far? I heard they were gonna release NEW costumes this year, but all I've seen is the same old costumes they had last year :/ They might still release some new ones before the end of Spooktacular, but I was hoping they'd have something new this year. I'm also a little upset they are doing the Vampires vs. Werewolves Dance-off again this year, I was hoping they'd come up with something new. I figured it would be done and over with, with the assumption that the dance-off was their answer to the Twilight movie series which are thankfully a bit less popular this year, I was at least hoping that if they were going to do Vampires vs. Werewolves again that they would give out new costumes, for example the wr-wolf costume from last year is much different than the wr-wolf costume from the old FR. Plus it is always fun to have something that feels a bit exclusive, and it was fun running around in my werewolf costume these past several months with everyone asking "how can I get that costume??" Grr now everyone will have it and it won't be fun anymore :/ I just feel like FR has gotten lazy, they used to change their holiday stuff up from year to year, especially from the first FR holiday season, but now they just recycle all their holiday stuff and it's starting to feel a bit stale.
    Last edited by JesterGirl; 10-14-2011 at 02:59 PM.
    Elite Jenna likes this.

IGN: Twigs
    (Formerly: Twiggy Jade)
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Spooktacular Costumes...hmm...

I was also disappointed when I found there were no new costumes in the SC marketplace this morning. However, according to Aang Darkway on another thread, "The REAL content will come next week..." <crossing fingers>
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

Benny Solarhammer is offline Master Gamer

I was also disappointed. . . . but I was VERY VERY disappointed AND angry that they didn't put the coin shop Halloween housing items in the coin shop.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

Princess Claire is offline Master Gamer

Yeah, I was all excited to go see, but this was seriously a let-down. Some of my complaints:

1. What happened to the girl super hero costume? That was my favorite, and I was planning to get it this year. But hopefully Aang is correct and it will come next week.

2. The dance-off is seriously unfair. The werewolf costumes come in a 900SC pack, and personally, I think SOE is crazy if they think I'll give up 9 bucks for a virtual costume. On the other hand, vampire costumes are available for as low as 200SC, and more people will be able to buy that, and therefore vampires will win constantly.

3. Even the quests are the same! I wouldn't mind if the prizes were alike, but I was expecting maybe a new quest or something.

Personally, I saw this as a sorry knock-off for last year, with more people and lag...

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments..." -Deuteronomy 7:9

chris30s is offline Master Gamer

We were told in the last FR webcast (and actually probably before that as well)... that there would not be any new quests this year, that everything would be the same.

The only new items... costume pieces and pets... we were told would be added in an update next week. I would think that whatever else is missing will be added then also.
    Happy gaming!
    Christine
    IGN: Marisol Bluesurf and Marisol Dreamchaser

Annie Hawkclaw is offline Master Gamer

Dont worry, this is jsut the first update. Next week, more stuff (And new stuff!) WILL be added!

Spoiler: show

(Also known as Annie, Green, or Froggy)

Zimster is offline Master Gamer

To my noticings... Not really any new changes as of right now!
    I hear they are putting in new rides and costume pieces: A Wolf and Bat Ride, and Unicorn hair! Doesn't that sound amazing?

JesterGirl is offline Master Gamer

I really hope they will be adding new stuff this coming week...most of the costumes they have for sale I already bought last year :/ Well tomorrow is Monday so hopefully they add new stuff by the time I get home ^_^ I just went on the one long Halloween quest, the one with the spectral spectacles, last year I forgot to complete it. But since I bought a Skull Lantern off someone, FR didn't give me a Skull Lantern as an end prize :/ I was a little upset, if you didn't actually win an item on your character they should give it to you in a quest regardless. I know they come in different colors and I went on the quest hoping to get another one. Grr...

IGN: Twigs
    (Formerly: Twiggy Jade)
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

IamPowerOfStars is offline Pro Gamer

Actually, this is my first, and i'm disappointed a bit... =| I was kinda hoping the vamp fangs would be sold separate but I seriously didn't wanna pay 9 bucks .-. The stuff is a little much.... :p

Spoiler: show
    TASTE TEH RAINBOWWWWZ xD

morgan twinkleocean is offline Master Gamer

They are going to update the spooktacular this week this first week was just a trigger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast