Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Title: ***SPARKLY PARACHUTE***

TheNimarina is offline Newbie Explorer

Default ***SPARKLY PARACHUTE***

Well I figured this would happen, SOE brought back parachutes with a NEW sparkly parachute! When you parachute with it, it leaves an amazing trail of sparkles. Any thoughts?

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: ***SPARKLY PARACHUTE***

The Sparkle Parachute is nice but expensive.

$OE introduced this 'chute for the first time in the $C Marketplace a few days ago, releasing it as a "limited" edition (only available for a few days and then it disappears) and also as 50% SALE (it actually costs $15, and currently being sold for $7.50). Does $OE think that most of their FR players are morons? Why don't they sell the 'chute as $7.50, period, without using the words as sales tactics like, "limited offer" and "sale?" How can they have a "limited offer" of a pixel item, when they are not running out of material resources (remember, items in the game are made of pixels), lol?

Anyway, yeah, I'm rich but I'm a moron, because I bought the Sparkly 'chute. ROFL.
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

Shyshadow is offline Amateur Gamer

I was tempted to buy one before they removed them, but I already have a parachute and I just don't think I need one with sparkles. Sigh - so, as hard as it is for me to resist, I didn't get it. Maybe next time, when they add a parachute with a rainbow effect. Sparkles? nah, I won't give in to sparkles.. but I'll definitely buy it for rainbows xD

IGN: Shyshadow

PirateJack is offline Master Gamer

Well, I gave in to sparkles. It's fun to see that parachute with all it's sparkles. xD
    Done.

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

"Sparkles" seem to be a misnomer. To me, it looks like trailing fire; nice if I'm wearing Damager (SKX Chopper Skechers) shoes, lol.
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

Zyonmkxq is offline Banned

This is why I didnt buy parachutes the first time they were introduced and why I will never buy one or any "limited time" item for that matter. They say something is limited then they later bring it back with a slightly different texture defeating the purpose of that item being limited. Parachutes are a joke, a quest gave 10 consumable parachutes for free and the reward from the 12 days of presents gave 100 consumable parachutes. What is the point in buying one when I have 110 of them already for free? Limited time items are just a marketing scam to continue to rip off players.

Let me ask you guys this, are you going to buy every single limited time item that is made because if you dont you may never get a chance to own that particular item? If so I pity you, that is money that can definitely be spent on much more important things and even if you were adamant about wasting money on a game you couldve instead invested that money into games that can be bought off of steam which would provide you with hundreds of hours of entertainment rather then just a fancy cosmetic item. And if your answer to the above question is no then why bother investing in limited time items at all? If your not doing it for collection value then what other value does it have?

I will never understand the minds of players who continue to toss money into the fire for lame recolored items, to fund a game that has had very little developement in the 4 years of its existance, rather then demanding more content. I for have decided awhile back that I was not going to invest any money into SC until they release a new job at the very least. Players are creating no incentive for $OE to change policy and as long as you are paying them for nothing you will continue to get nothing in return. Sadly it is for reasons like this that I am considering quitting the game for good and never looking back. This game is more and more becoming a virtual chat game with a player base that is willing to surrender their wallets for a cash shop to dress up their avatars. FR is basically Second Life Premium Edition and I fear that it will never become the great game is deserves to be because of its underminding business model.
    Brett Firemumbles likes this.

Zimster is offline Master Gamer

I never bought a Parachute and still not going too ..

Mainly because I can do the same thing with that gliding thing that just came out.. + I can get the saddle for FREE each time I do them quests over and over.. They do exactly the same thing as the parachutes
    "Don't cry because it's over: smile because it happened."

Quote Originally Posted by Zimster View Post
    I never bought a Parachute and still not going too ..

Mainly because I can do the same thing with that gliding thing that just came out.. + I can get the saddle for FREE each time I do them quests over and over.. They do exactly the same thing as the parachutes
    So you do get a spare saddle for each time you complete the series? Because I have been told otherwise although I have not experimented myself.

Zimster is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonmkxq View Post
    So you do get a spare saddle for each time you complete the series? Because I have been told otherwise although I have not experimented myself.
    Yes, you can get another saddle each time you do the quests over ...
    "Don't cry because it's over: smile because it happened."

Quote Originally Posted by Zimster View Post
    Yes, you can get another saddle each time you do the quests over ...
    Heh awesome, thanks for the tip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast