Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Annie Hawkclaw
  • 1 Post By Annie Hawkclaw

Title: A Small Story of Hope

Annie Hawkclaw is offline Master Gamer

Icon12 A Small Story of Hope

Here's a lesson I learned last Saturday night: while unexpected bad things sometimes happen (the closing of Free Realms, for example), unexpected good things can happen too.

Four years ago, my all-time favorite television show, 'Heroes', was canceled due to a number of reasons. The first season was great and very popular, but after that, the ratings (and, many say, the quality of the show) dropped steeply. After four seasons, it ended forever on a cliffhanger. I stuck with the show all the way to the end, always loving it, and although I admit that I get why they canceled it, I still wished there would be more.

Three years passed, and news came out that they may be creating a season 5 for 'Heroes' as a comic book. It wasn't quite what I was hoping for, but I was still excited, because it would mean the show would get a true ending.

After eight or nine months had passed, I was beginning to lose hope. It had been scheduled for release in the winter of 2013, and it was already the end of February, 2014. No new news appeared at all.

And then, two days ago, my dreams came true. NBC, while airing the Olympics, showed a teaser trailer for 'Heroes: Reborn'. I wasn't watching the Olympics live, but I found out about an hour later. I was in almost complete shock for a few minutes until I had confirmed it was true. For the next ten minutes after that, I had to suppress my screams of joy.

This relates in many ways to the situation Free Realms is in. Free Realms started out great, but its popularity (and, many say, the quality of the game) dropped over the years, and now we are left with just a little more than a month to play it. So I'm not saying Free Realms is going to come back. In fact, it probably won't. But that's the same thing I would have told you about Heroes when it went off-air in 2010.

This is an important lesson to remember: In life, it may seem like there's no chance something good can happen. Just remember that, while unexpected bad things happen sometimes, so do unexpected good things. There is always a chance.

Free Realms will probably never come back. But it could, because there is always a chance.

So while Free Realms is up, enjoy it. Take lots of videos and pictures, play all of your favorite parts of the game, and enjoy the community of Free Realms. Have fun for the next month! I, personally, will be taking a lot of video.

Just don't forget that nothing is impossible.

(And if anyone is a fan of 'Heroes', please PM me so we can chat all about it. =D )
    Last edited by Annie Hawkclaw; 02-24-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Spoiler: show

(Also known as Annie, Green, or Froggy)

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Default Re: A Small Story of Hope

FR is never coming back but YEAH!!!@!@!@!@!!! I was so excited when I saw the return of Heroes! One of my most favorite shows ever. Let's just hope they go back to season 1-2 status which were epic and not come back at the end of the final season cause that season was garbage.

Good post Annie, this is true on so many levels.

I deeply wish it would come back someday or some other company buys the license.
    ♫~~♫
    *~Goodbye my friends~*

Yes, another Heroes fan! (I am not alone!)
    I should keep an eye on this topic, though, to make sure it doesn't get too off-topic... then I would have to move my own thread. xD
    Egg Zachly likes this.

I still want to see a future Skylar vs Peter battle, waited sooooooo long for that! Both fully decked out with all of their powers.

That would be incredible... unfortunately, I think that the actor who played Sylar (Zachary Quinto) has said that he's not interested in coming back to the show. How sad.

Well he's a big time actor now, probably already working on Trek 3 so he's busy and would probably require a much larger budget. I have looked extensively into this and tried to find more details in terms of plot/returning characters and really cant find much other then NBC stating that they want to remain mysterious. I'm thinking a spin off story that loosely ties in to the events of the original heroes so they can swap oldies in and out without paying them too much. Hopefully it wont dissatisfy.