Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Default Should SOE Digitize the Physical Booster Packs?

The TCG DoD Print Vouchers are no longer available in the FR Marketplace. On one thread, Ms. Layla Littlenymph was supporting the idea of making these print vouchers 'virtual,' without waiting for the ordered cards, which may take weeks, to be mailed to your home.

Here is the thread link: http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...why-not-42969/

In the same manner, since the physical booster packs are no longer produced by Topps, should these booster packs be made digital, and be available in the FR Marketplace just like the series 1 and series 2 booster packs? I think you only get the rocker outfit, ceremonial weapons, funky hats, and exclusive TCG cards from the physical booster packs, and then the codes are redeemed in the game. You can still get some of the physical packs from a few sites, including Ebay, but the shipping charges are so expensive. I have no use for the cards I got from the few physical booster packs I bought; I am still thinking of creating a FR card collecting album, and put it on the coffee table to show friends, lol.

<Whispering to SOE> "SOE, here is a tip. I recommend that you digitize the physical booster packs. I think you will profit from this idea, and earn a lot of money. You are doing a great job selling your vaultberries. For now, forget the milk gloves and elite outfits; their comeback release will be another day." <*wink, *wink> Lol...
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

ninjablade2000 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Should SOE Digitize the Physical Booster Packs?

I agree very much Brett It would make sense to do so.
    hello

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

I would really like it if SOE did that, but let's face reality they won't do it. Mainly because they want to keep them "Rare" and it would upset all the people who spent MILLIONS on physical items.

Money talks. Money makes the world go round, lol. SOE's Free Realms is a lean, mean business machine. As long as SOE profits, they don't care how we feel, lol. There is always new blood out there, lol. Items from The Vault and scuba items from the Luau Party were "rare." "Rare" is relative. On a whim, SOE brought the vaultberries and scuba items in the FR Marketplace. Sure, getting the "fake" plaids and blouse vests (or vest blouses <*scratching head>) from the vaultberries could be a nightmare for the few, but it is a blessing for the majority, lol. Overall, SOE has profited. There is no loyalty in this business, even though upset people spent "millions" on physical items, lol. Ka-ching!

Skylär51 is offline Master Gamer

I think this is a great idea! =D Make the Physical Packs Digital! Brillant.

I would totally buy those! Mostly because I'm dying to own a Rocker Hat and some Cerimonial items. xP

Let's go Digital!

"In a land of myth, and a time of magic… the destiny of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of a young boy. His name… Merlin."

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

You convinced me ......... darn. >.<

Won't they get more money if they sell them in the SC marketplace?

Emm1tt is offline Amateur Gamer

it would be a good idea. And to make it fair for the ppl who spent more they could make the packs with the rocker, etc. more sc then the others (ik tht would make ppl mad but still it would be somewhat more fair in my opinion) like im not saying 20 bucks more just like make the packs 5 bucks or something (it would still be cheaper then buying them from ebay)

If the digitalization of the physical booster packs gets implemented, likely these booster packs will be sold in the SC Marketplace, along with the series 1 and series 2 booster packs. It could be called the "series 0" booster pack, which includes virtual rewards 1L2 to 1L51 + TCG exclusive cards + other TCG common/uncommon/rare cards, lol.

Robin is offline Amateur Gamer

This would be great! Although ... it would have to cost like 20$ of sc a pack o.o if it was always a physican vr inside. Maybe cost more. I dont know. BUT if there was all of the rewards and cards in one thing: It would be AWESOME! The chances would be small, and would hopefully still cost more (So the things stay rare) But ... i think its a good idea

(Now, excuse my post at this time. Its true, this is many MANY months after the last post was posted, yet, its still floating around the internet when i research cards.

$OE has already started giving away exclusive TCG cards (previously found only in physical booster packs) as tourney prizes since March this year.

March: Chaz Strongarm; Pixie Troublemaker; Rock Toss
    April: Have a Nice Trip; Scary Chest Thump; Pit Crew Foreman
    May: Big Red Button; Golem Rampage; Breakthrough
    June: Crafty Man-Eating Plant; Stolen Away; Straight Shot.
    July: Extend Claws; Chugawug Sergeant, Explosive Arrows

I'm still trying to get 1 more Extend Claws from this month's tourney. (:

? August: Return to Sender (last exclusive); Promo cards, <crossing fingers> hopefully, Shadow Ambush and Magic Unleashed, lol. For placing 1st-8th Place, $OE could perhaps reward one of the Rocker items, or Milk Gloves, ROFL.