Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Lilah Dimdal is offline Pro Gamer

Default Reasons to look into why SOE is shutting down

Hello everybody,

SOE has announced that they are closing doors on March 31, 2014 for FreeRealms. I looked into this a little further. Remember when SOE released old items such as rocker pants? Well, they released a little more than thought. These items were sold in the SC market. Apparently, SOE has been releasing much more in the SC shop. Memberships have already been released but still. It's all about the MONEY. Well, as you asked, why would SOE sell older items though in the SC shop in old colors? BECAUSE...... People would buy them for the rarity and the rare colors! SOE used their smarts on how people would buy things! More money would be paid to SOE because the SC market is selling items in olds.

I dug a little deeper. SOE is making it look like there will be another EverQuest game being held. In advance, they need their time and money set to this game. Three other SOE games have been notified as shutting down with FreeRealms.

Any thoughts? Please don't reply any arguing or anything further. All rules APPLY!
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/23s6mu0.jpg/IMG]
    ❀ Smell the sweet scent of nature
    Cambri

Ragu is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Reasons to look into why SOE is shutting down

Quote Originally Posted by Lilah Dimdal View Post
    Hello everybody,

SOE has announced that they are closing doors on March 31, 2014 for FreeRealms. I looked into this a little further. Remember when SOE released old items such as rocker pants? Well, they released a little more than thought. These items were sold in the SC market. Apparently, SOE has been releasing much more in the SC shop. Memberships have already been released but still. It's all about the MONEY. Well, as you asked, why would SOE sell older items though in the SC shop in old colors? BECAUSE...... People would buy them for the rarity and the rare colors! SOE used their smarts on how people would buy things! More money would be paid to SOE because the SC market is selling items in olds.

I dug a little deeper. SOE is making it look like there will be another EverQuest game being held. In advance, they need their time and money set to this game. Three other SOE games have been notified as shutting down with FreeRealms.

Any thoughts? Please don't reply any arguing or anything further. All rules APPLY!
    It's been confirmed by members of the Free Realms development team that they didn't know of the game shutting down as far back as December and you can assume January as well, because they had monthly content planned for the rest of the year. From what I understand, the decision to close down Free Realms, CWA, Vanguard, and Wizardry Online was a last-minute decision made by the SOE executives, not the development team.

ashfr is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Reasons to look into why SOE is shutting down

Quote Originally Posted by Lilah Dimdal View Post
    Hello everybody,

This was a month ago, or two. Little late there.

No offense intended or anything, but we're trying to keep all discussion of Free Realms shutdown in one thread, here you go.
    http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...-2014-a-65249/