Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Princess Celestina
  • 2 Post By Layla Littlenymph

Title: Really $OE...... -.-"

Dawn73 is offline Master Gamer

Icon13 Really $OE...... -.-"

So i havent farmed in a while so i was like hey lets go farm, im bored. I got 5 grand in SC for my bday. And so i went to go buy to vaultberry seeds...then i saw 90sc for 4 SEEDS. =RIP. OFF. it used to be like 8 for 90sc!!!! REALLY SOE?? REALLY??? -_-
    Narwhales. Bai.

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Really $OE...... -.-"

Really? I thought they were always 4 for 90, but I did not buy any when they first came out so idk for sure.

Being a tightwad, I only buy SC when it is double or triple, and try to hold off spending it until the items I want go on sale... not that I always succed in that...

The first (and only) time I ever bought any was after a SC promo, and during a sale that came afterwards where ALL farming items were half off. They had already been out for some time by then, so perhaps I missed the intro price.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

According to ZAM it has always been this way.
    FR Item:Vaultberry Seed Packet :: Wiki :: Free Realms :: ZAM

Check the last edit date : 2011-09-25. That's one year ago. SC items can't simply change btw.

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

It's always been 4 for 100 SC--90 if you're a member.
    Kayopuro likes this.

Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne

Dawn73 is offline Master Gamer

Really? I totally remember being it 8 for 90 maybe it was like 4 for 50 or something but im still annoyed its a rip off ._>
    Narwhales. Bai.

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Well, I guess we could argue price all day, but the real discussion here is one of value.
    On that score, I tend to agree somewhat with the OP.

I would gladly pay 90 cents for a vaultberry item of my choice, in a tint, also of my choice, but paying a little less than 23 cents for a random item is another matter.

I like the new mystery chest items, as well as the reintroduction of old items in vaultberry, but I dislike the gambling aspect that they bring into a game that is rated for players as young as ten years old.

On the plus side, It encourages trade among members in order to build sets in the tint of choice. Since (most of) the items are tradeable, it also gives non-members, and SC poor members an opportunity to aquire items for mere coin or trade from other players. All of that encourages the player interaction that SOE is trying to encourage.

On the other side of that equation, I could spend a small fortune trying to get the items I want instead of simply being able to buy them. I would pay 90 SC for that pink cowboy hat, but will likely spend 900 SC before I ever get lucky enough to harvest it. My only hope is that someone else that does not want it will harvest it and trade it to me. In the meantime, I am harvesting a number of low value items that I nor anyone else seems to want. It is awesome to take a gamble and win, but it is frustrating to take a gamble and come away with nothing of value. Because of the way these items are marketed, some of you will eventually get what they want for little investment, while others of you will spend far more than you ever intended to. this is not really the value system that I think most parents want their kids to come away with, especially when it is the parents SC these kids are buying those values with.

For those reasons, I have to agree that vaultberry and mystery chests are of a poor value.
    To each his own I suppose. If you enjoy playing the vaultberry lottery, then by all means, be my guest. If you have 90SC worth of fun doing it, it was money well spent, and it is your purchases that fund the future of this game. I for one, thank you for that.
    Just bear in mind that I am prepared to pay you good FR coin for all your unwanted pink shiny things.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>