Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Default A Re-Introduction And A Look At The Past

Greetings, everyone! My name is Jonathan Copperflare. I joined this site more than 3 years ago. FreeRealmsInder was, and I assume it still is, a haven for Free Realms enthusiasts and newcomers alike. Back then, Free Realms was a new and extraordinary game, bringing forth millions of new players in a short amount of time and it took the MMORPG genre by storm. After a year or two, I stopped playing the game due to many reasons. One of them being that I was in a state where I needed to focus on my education immensely. The other one being, the game no longer offered any other means of attraction to free players.

[Feel free to skip the second paragraph if you wish]

In December 2010, I began playing a revolutionary game called Minecraft. I'm sure many of you heard of the game by now as over 13 people registered, and 3 million people have bought the game. I then joined a gaming community, whom I will not disclose, and had a great experience spending time with. I then began looking for more online games to play. I stumbled upon many, but my main attraction was a video game distribution system called "Steam". It is run by a video game company known as "Valve". It's widely known for its games, services, and most of all, its generosity.

As a new school year begins, I wanted to take a look at the game that implanted my roots in online and PC gaming: Free Realms. I've had so many memories of this game and of FreeRealmsInsider. I remember Daddio and TheBananaKing, two people who I looked up to and deeply respected within Free Realms. I remember the Postal Boots that were awarded to those who completed the Postal Collections and made players run super fast. I even remember, and miss, the old battle system and the Pet Trainer job. I remember being able to jump onto the Pixiewood sign and the parties people hosted. I remember the most threads active were for auctions, buying or selling, or posting games. I even remember the outrage and confusion towards the decision to make all new players only be able to reach level 5. I remember when FRI members had endless spoilers in their signatures.

I'd like to know how the game has changed. Is there a Chapter 2 questline yet? New jobs? Has the forum changed? And what of the "Coming SOON" areas?

[I'm definitely forgetting a bunch of famous FRI members from my day, so sorry ]

Anyways, thanks for reading, and have a nice day.

P.S. I wonder if anybody still remembers me
    Last edited by Jonathan Copperflare; 09-18-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    Bananas are awesome. Bananas are yellow. Since, yellow is a banana's color and bananas are awesome, yellow is awesome.

Skylär51 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: A Re-Introduction And A Look At The Past

Well, first off, Welcome back!

Second, no, there isn't a Chapter Two yet, not any official new jobs, unless you left before they added Fisherman. And the first coming soon area, Sunstone Valley, is rumored be avaliable at the end of the year/early next year.

"In a land of myth, and a time of magic… the destiny of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of a young boy. His name… Merlin."

GriffinSilentgulf is offline Master Gamer

That's a long way away...

Mikaela Stormyshore is offline Amateur Gamer

Welcome back. You said you started 3 years ago?? What month was it?? If it was January then youve been playing as long as i have(: i started during beta testing. Wbu??

Wanna act? VM me(:
    IGN: Yogi(:
    My DeviantART-My YouTube-Siggies(:

GriffinSilentgulf is offline Master Gamer

It says July 2009.

Mikaela Stormyshore is offline Amateur Gamer

Yeah I started FRI last month. I started FR in January of 3 years ago.

Wanna act? VM me(:
    IGN: Yogi(:
    My DeviantART-My YouTube-Siggies(: