Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dawn Springlight

Title: Project Spark

Dawn Springlight is offline Master Gamer

Default Project Spark

I have started playing beta in Project Spark and all I can say is if you are able to run it you should check it out, sign up for Beta if you can.

I played last night just creating land and some ponds, caves, etc... when I finish building the land I will add some characters and quests, etc...

You need Windows 8.1 or Xbox 1 to play for now.

Anything you unlock during beta will stay that way when the game launches, so you wont lose any work you did during beta.

Anyway check it out! Project Spark

Those who enjoy building will love this game!
    Egg Zachly likes this.

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Default Re: Project Spark

Thanks for the post Dawn! The graphics look absolutely stunning and the terrain looks beautiful! Going to have to look more into this one. EDIT: Oh, I thought this sounded familiar. This was featured at E3, I remember watching a demo. This isn't a game like FR or any MMO per say, more of a "do it yourself kit" where you essentially build your own game. Interesting concept, the only game that I know that is similar is Kogama which is sort of like a minecraft clone but you make your own games like races, team battles, etc. I played Kogama for a bit until I realized just how tough the competition is. You can be a great builder but that doesn't necessarily make you a great game maker and there are some astonishing player made games on Kogama, I could never do better so I quit. It will definitely be interesting to see the types of games the community comes up with, maybe some of them will be sponsored and become their own stand alone indy game.
    Last edited by Egg Zachly; 03-01-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Azure Coldlake is offline Amateur Gamer

Hmm, kind of reminds me of a game-making site I discovered last fall called "Gameglobe". Unfortunately that site closed down about two months after I signed up but it was pretty epic while it lasted. It makes me sad seeing great games getting shut down because they are too expensive to run (I think that was the reason why it shut down). Thanks for the recommendation though! I might try it out if I need a new game to play in the future.

Mistyspring is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Coldlake View Post
    Hmm, kind of reminds me of a game-making site I discovered last fall called "Gameglobe". Unfortunately that site closed down about two months after I signed up but it was pretty epic while it lasted. It makes me sad seeing great games getting shut down because they are too expensive to run (I think that was the reason why it shut down). Thanks for the recommendation though! I might try it out if I need a new game to play in the future.
    Gameglobe! Oh, I wished I played that game. I found out about it just after it closed.
    That always seems to happen to me.
    SOE: Where games go to die.

Azure Coldlake is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Mistyspring View Post
    Gameglobe! Oh, I wished I played that game. I found out about it just after it closed.
    That always seems to happen to me.
    Uggh, that's lame :/ I'm actually kind of glad that I didn't play Gameglobe for too long because I think I would have became really attached to it... Like I have became attached to Free Realms

Back to Project Spark, I just received an invitation to play Project Spark open beta! Only problem is, I don't have Windows 8.1 :/ I was silly to assume that since I own a PC I'd automatically be able to play it Lol.

I guess I might have to go out and buy and xbox like the rest of my friends....