Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Title: Ppls need to not judge.:)

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Ppls need to not judge.:)

I have a PuppyVision. I see people are going to make alts, level up postman to level 15, -it's the easiest if you repeat the Flower collecting mini-game in Queensfields- And then SOE will remove the reward because of the exploit.
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

DespicableDani is offline Master Gamer

They're $OE for a reason, so no, we are not judging, simply... correcting their name.
    Party Everyday likes this.
    My adventure ends here.

Quote Originally Posted by DespicableDani View Post
    They're $OE for a reason, so no, we are not judging, simply... correcting their name.
    You don't understand, anyone who uses the term $OE, doesn't understand. Every game out there will either not let you play, or keeps you from doing many things because you don't pay them. Because you play Free Realms a lot, you think SOE only cares about money, but if you tried something like World of Warcraft, You would think Blizzard or whatever only cares about the money. All companies that produce MMOs want the money, not the public enjoyment. They have priorities. Money > Player Enjoyment
    Princess Celestina likes this.
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

The Flaming Trident is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by zachpuppy View Post
    All companies that produce MMOs want the money, not the public enjoyment. They have priorities. Money > Player Enjoyment
    Sort of like Microsoft changing all of the crappy features of the XBox One. They didn't do it because they care about the players, they did it because they know that people were going to buy the PS4 over it, so they changed most of the features back so they would get their fans back. I've said it in the past and I'll say it again. Celebrities and companies see you nothing more than as a walking ATM. You make their money, and without you they'll be begging for spare change underneath a bridge (okay maybe not).

The thing is, there are some things that should and shouldn't be in the marketplace and I think SOE is headed down a dangerous path by putting adding the name changes and guild changes. Or are they?

They never really fell through with that "You can only change your name once a month" (or something like that) so I see where they're coming from. They don't want to get bombarded by some kid who feels as if his name isn't "cool" for his hipster friends that post enhanced photos of themselves on instagram in random poses with some random quote. Guild names on the other hand are apparently "ridiculous" and just "blasphemy" as if they were like a CEO who would build up one franchise and just move on to another.

What makes them think that people are going to pay for a product that was free now? They probably won't. So why did SOE put guilds in the SC Shop? Well, one was to make money, but another...? Oh right, it was to control the amount of guilds being created. Oh, same goes for names? Well then look below, son:

a) There's no limit on the amount of times you can create a guild.
    b) There's probably more guilds made than name changes. Maybe because:

"Well, I have to write some sophisticated ticket. hoi hoi. Maybe I'll go call my girlfriend/1st cousin Bertha to help me type this thing up. Ah, forget it I'll just make a guild".

Jokes and stereotyping aside, mainly because guilds are more vulnerable to failure so if your guild sucks, you'll likely make more and more and more.

Those two reasons alone should put guild changes in the SC marketplace. But in reality, it seems like it's because of Sony's laziness as well. Don't get me wrong, they aren't off the hook but neither are the players. Why doesn't Sony actually enforce the rules about this? Don't they have some user log? No wonder you're getting loads of requests, because they don't keep up with the promise of "You have ___ months/days before you can change your name again". But then again, they usually aren't pretty good with keeping up with promises (i.e Sunstone Valley, and pretty much every suggestion you've sent via ticket).

EDIT: Sweet jesus i typed a lot.
    Last edited by The Flaming Trident; 07-05-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    Brett Firemumbles likes this.
    "This forum is now closed and read-only" - No one ever

DespicableDani is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by zachpuppy View Post
    You don't understand, anyone who uses the term $OE, doesn't understand. Every game out there will either not let you play, or keeps you from doing many things because you don't pay them. Because you play Free Realms a lot, you think SOE only cares about money, but if you tried something like World of Warcraft, You would think Blizzard or whatever only cares about the money. All companies that produce MMOs want the money, not the public enjoyment. They have priorities. Money > Player Enjoyment
    I have played World of Warcraft, and I didn't think that at all, and I don't play FR much, so this is irrelevant to me.
    My adventure ends here.

Quote Originally Posted by DespicableDani View Post
    I have played World of Warcraft, and I didn't think that at all, and I don't play FR much, so this is irrelevant to me.
    If it doesn't apply to you, because you don't play Free Realms much, do you play any other SOE related games that are also very limiting? if all you got out of that was FR playing and World of Warcraft, you missed the point.

Dawn73 is offline Master Gamer

@the topic: Too late.

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by saramaese View Post
    FR works so hard on makin things to make ppl happy, but they can't make everything in one day. they got to have some time to make each ppl happys. SO BE HAPPY WHAT U GOT!

also FR loves u ;-)

Thank you for the kind reminder, Sara.
    I think it was needed because even after all the updates lately and the ones to come, all I hear from players is greed, greed, greed, ​greed... More, more, more, ​more...

Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne

KAnnamaria is offline Pro Gamer

Remember, SOE needs money to run everything. Yes, some things might seem a little outrageous, but it costs A LOT of money to just UPDATE the game, nevertheless keep it running! Sara is right, be happy for what you have. If you think the pricing is wrong, quit the game or even better: Don't buy anything! It might seem like they don't care, but they put a lot of time and money into your enjoyment... if you don't like it... leave. (PLEASE don't take offense to this, sorry if it offends anyone...)
    3daysgrace likes this.
    It was fun playing with you guys! Ilysm!

olga beegully is offline Master Gamer

Nvm on this post
    Last edited by olga beegully; 07-06-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast