Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nate is offline Master Gamer

Default Pointless Mounts

I was just playing around when a guy just comes up to me on a mount and says wanna race? And then I say sure, then he says get your mount out, then I say I don't have one. Then he says Hm...he said I could use my pet. And guess what the out come of the race was? Me winning! Now I'm saying that mounts are pointless! I can go faster with my pet and postman combined!

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Pointless Mounts

Not everyone has postman gear, nor can they get the improved kicks... (unless you do have the new ones). Not only that, but I believe it's not fair since you used 2 items and he used 1. If you used just postmen shoes, or just a pet... there would be obvious differences.

Mainly, a ride is vanity. Just like any other clothing piece, pet, pet pal, etc... so what if it's less speed then getting pet boost and postmen gear? It sure looks cool, I don't have to feed it (groom/pet/make happy/etc), and not to mention I don't even need to go out of my way to collect a bunch of rare stamps.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Rosierulez is offline Master Gamer

Sometimes it looks like you win on your computer, but on the other person's computer it may have looked like they won.

~ ​KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE ~

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

As Monkies said, mounts are not bought only for their advantages. There as many reasons to buy a mount as there are people playing Free Realms. (Whether you do a personal census or not, that's still a lot.) What reason is there to purchase or aim for the Level 20 armor or clothing for each job when Level 16 armor or even Level 1 clothing, in the case of non-combat Jobs, is just as effective, if not more cost/time-effective?

As for the speed of each mentioned buff, a mount's speed buff is not coupled with the Pet Happiness speed buff. The latter buff is ignored, leaving the player with 150% speed, or a 50% buff. The Postman's Rudolfo's Speedy Kicks can be coupled with a Pet Happiness speed buff, which I would estimate to be 25%, perhaps 30%, whereas the Rudolfo's Speedy Kicks are a 10% buff (50%, equal to a mount, if you received your Kicks before a November update).
    Most players today were not around or had troubles with Postman back in November, so there are very few players that would have the pre-update RSK.

There's also the little fact that Rosie mentioned: What you see is not what happened. Each player will move immediately once the command is given, but that character will only move on that player's screen immediately. On others' screens, it takes about a second for the action to get through to the server and update your screen. Such lag can cause great problems when it comes to races.
    Last edited by RandomPlayer; 04-11-2010 at 04:36 PM.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Hal Jordan is offline Explorer

I was with you originally. With postman gear, you do go faster than with a "ride".

But with so many teleporters in the game, you are rarely running large distances. So the slightly difference in speed is barely noticeable.

What IS noticeable is you riding around on a wicked look dinosaur.

Well worth the SC imho.
    Trying to sell Hip Hop Boom Box from Series 2 Virtual Reward!
    PM me offers if you are interested.

pavana is offline Pro Gamer

Mounts can also be fun.
    When you share joy you double it.
    When you share sorrow you cut it in half.

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

If you'd get my opinion, rides are purely for vanity. That's the only reason I bought my rides, because they look cool on you, and I like it. I think its awesome. I think it's the same for pets too. They look cute, and people like that. That's why I got my pets too. Besides that, they don't have much use.. But people, like me, like them anyway. Of course, the postman's shoes aren't the same. They're free, and not really for looks. (or they used to be free. ) they're for use. My whole point is, rides are useful, for vanity purposes, mostly.

Interesting tough I lose using a mount with a pet.
    Oh I lose to newbie that have nothing equipped.
    Weird..

K-ON!
    I don't suggest you to open the following spoiler. I think it'll explode! Run!
    Spoiler: show
    Silly you, why did you open the spoiler? Haha.

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

Try a ride on a launch pad!!!

Julissa L. is offline Pro Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Rosierulez View Post
    Sometimes it looks like you win on your computer, but on the other person's computer it may have looked like they won.
    Yep... I've noticed this several times... no point in racing, unless there's a third person judging who really wins...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast