Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lazarus Swiftbreeze
  • 1 Post By Princess Celestina

Title: Old Free Realms and Membership?

Pinktree2010 is offline Master Gamer

Default Old Free Realms and Membership?

I'm sure other people have noticed this too. Free Realms seems to be trying to add the aspects of Old Free Realms back into the game play.

1. Chat changed back, instead of having it in the bar it's not on the chat history, just like Old Free Realms although it's a bit different.
    2. New combat gear, just like old school only with a different name and non-retired colors.
    3. Trophy names, in old free realms once you completed a job (maxed) you would be awarded a job title, this has been replaced and now there are more name trophies for random things.
    4. Training pets, although this is not fully the same as the Pet Trainer job it has similar properties.
    5. Mystery Merchant, introducing elite black back into the game play only with more items and all costing SC.
    6. (We all know) Vaultberry, a knock off of real vaults only with different colors.
    7. (We all know) Skinnie jeans and torn skinnie jeans, a knock off of Rocker Pants.

Another thing Free Realms has been adding is membership everything. Members and non-members, ever taken a nice look at your inventory and most of it is membership?

Who's ready for knock offs of Nerd Outfit, Vault, Old VR, and more things requiring membership!

Treeble-tastic!

-Limited IG time due to work-

Epik R0ckZ is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Old Free Realms and Membership?

*Puts thinking cap on* Ahh, i'm so prepared.

IGN: Epik R0ckZ, Thanks to Kayopuro for the avvie and siggy.

Lazarus Swiftbreeze is offline Master Gamer

I have noticed that Free Realms is slowly turning back into the great game it used to be back in 2009. Nik-Nack, who is one of the game designers, posted this on the official forum:

"I have heard some mention of the new Job Centers in Sanctuary. Players have spoken with the Guild Masters at the end of the Cobblestone Village portion of the Hero Rises quests, looked at the nearby message boards, shrugged their shoulders, and thought "yeah, so what?"
    Existing players probably didn't notice the changes. And there are many.
    1) 2 more combat jobs are now Free for all players - Medic and Archer join ranks with the Brawler as jobs that can now reach level 20 for all players. That Just Happened. Tell your friends.
    2) New players no longer start with all jobs - You start with Adventurer, Brawler, and Card Duelist. By the end of Cobblestone Village you will have unlocked Miner, Blacksmith, and Chef. From here, the message boards will point players to the different Job Trainers and the start of the Job questlines. This both helped us streamline the new player experience AND let us fulfill a frequent player request.
    3) Some jobs now require level 20 in another job to unlock - In order to unlock Warrior you first need a level 20 Brawler. In order to unlock Ninja you first need a level 20 Archer. In order to unlock Wizard you first need a level 20 Medic. This only affects new players.
    4) Some Archer and Medic gear requires membership - These jobs now works like the Brawler. Level 1, 4, 8, 12, and 16 gear is unchanged, but all other levels are reserved for members only.
    5) Modified Some Job Stats – Increased Warrior's max health at all levels, increased damage of all ninja sword basic attacks, increased all damage of all wizard wand super attacks.
    6) Increased out-of-combat health regeneration rates for ALL combat jobs - It should take less time to heal up after fights if you're not in a fight with something"

I have been really impressed with the staff at FR lately, and it has made me want to start playing this game again. My friends are feeling the same way
    Princess Celestina likes this.

If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Savior and aren't afraid to admit it, put this in
    your signature.

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus Swiftbreeze View Post
    I have noticed that Free Realms is slowly turning back into the great game it used to be back in 2009. Nik-Nack, who is one of the game designers, posted this on the official forum:

"I have heard some mention of the new Job Centers in Sanctuary. Players have spoken with the Guild Masters at the end of the Cobblestone Village portion of the Hero Rises quests, looked at the nearby message boards, shrugged their shoulders, and thought "yeah, so what?"
    Existing players probably didn't notice the changes. And there are many.
    1) 2 more combat jobs are now Free for all players - Medic and Archer join ranks with the Brawler as jobs that can now reach level 20 for all players. That Just Happened. Tell your friends.
    2) New players no longer start with all jobs - You start with Adventurer, Brawler, and Card Duelist. By the end of Cobblestone Village you will have unlocked Miner, Blacksmith, and Chef. From here, the message boards will point players to the different Job Trainers and the start of the Job questlines. This both helped us streamline the new player experience AND let us fulfill a frequent player request.
    3) Some jobs now require level 20 in another job to unlock - In order to unlock Warrior you first need a level 20 Brawler. In order to unlock Ninja you first need a level 20 Archer. In order to unlock Wizard you first need a level 20 Medic. This only affects new players.
    4) Some Archer and Medic gear requires membership - These jobs now works like the Brawler. Level 1, 4, 8, 12, and 16 gear is unchanged, but all other levels are reserved for members only.
    5) Modified Some Job Stats – Increased Warrior's max health at all levels, increased damage of all ninja sword basic attacks, increased all damage of all wizard wand super attacks.
    6) Increased out-of-combat health regeneration rates for ALL combat jobs - It should take less time to heal up after fights if you're not in a fight with something"

I have been really impressed with the staff at FR lately, and it has made me want to start playing this game again. My friends are feeling the same way
    I wasn't aware of this. Very interesting... Very, very interesting... I like the direction they're heading in! I would like everyone to join me as I applaud SOE's success thus far.

Veiled Chameleon likes this.

Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne