Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Default OK Crazy question

Ok my daughter was at a merchant, and was shopping, and that merchant only sold certain things. This got me to wondering. If that merchant only sells certain items, does that mean some merchants sell stuff different from what you can get by just clicking on the coin in your game dock, and honestly if not, then what is the purpose of those merchants now? I know it's a crazy question, but seeing this got me to thinking... hmmmm

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: OK Crazy question

actually, it's just linked down into a sub-part of the coin shop I believe, you can hop over to housing items/etc from a potions vendor, or I've done that before (Pretty sure I have).

Other then that, I believe it's just to make you feel like the world has more purpose, some Role Players might rather go to a merchant then grabbing random items from the nameless void.

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Sylvester is offline Master Gamer

Where and who is this FR NPC merchant?

I didn't think they would, and I can understand the Roleplay part of it. I was just curious. hehe Not sure which merchant she was at to be honest.

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Like Monkies said, it isolates the items that the merchant supposedly sells. In a way, it eases searching, but the search function eases it even further. It doesn't necessarily go to a particular sub-section, though; it could literally isolate a select group of items, so the merchants do serve a small purpose, just not a very good one to those that have experience with the CS.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Dawn Springlight is offline Master Gamer

I find if I am cooking, or fishing, or smelting, it is easier to click on a nearby merchant for supplise than it is to open coin shop, since the merchant will open up to whatever it is I am looking for at the moment.

I guess you could consider the merchants to be sort of like bookmarks for the coin shop.

Justin Wolfclaws is offline Explorer

It also gives a few of the older merchants a new purpose. They still sell items, just not as much as they used to.

My current quest sent me to buy 2 specific gems from Therin in Snowhill, and those were the only items he sold.

I know...Are they the red and green gems?