Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

Default Norton Securtiy just removed Freerealms.exe

cited WS.Reputation.1 as the threat! "Behavior WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories. The reputation-based system uses "the wisdom of crowds" (Symantec’s tens of millions of end users) connected to cloud-based intelligence to compute a reputation score for an application, and in the process identify malicious software in an entirely new way beyond traditional signatures and behavior-based detection techniques." I'll send a ticket

Zalesana is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Norton Securtiy just removed Freerealms.exe

Norton did the same thing to me on both of my computers. 8] It's blocking Free Realms because of the new update. Norton recognizes that not a lot of people have used the program in the Norton community, and decided to mark it as a threat and remove it.

When you try to run the game and the little box pops up that says "Norton has removed FreeRealms.exe", click on it. When that pops up, it gives a small summary of what was going on. If you're on the administrator account of your computer, you can fix it from this screen. With a parent's permission (if it's not your computer), click the "options" link at the bottom of the summary window. From there, you should see an option that says "restore and exclude". Click on that and another box will appear. There should be a little check box that says "exclude this program from future scans." Uncheck that so it'll scan Free Realms in the future, hit ok, and you should be good to go. 8] I'm telling you this all from memory, so let me know if you have any problems.

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

It doesn't like gfxwrap.dll either. You have to over ride again for that one too. Ticket submitted and updated

morningsun2 is offline Explorer

just a thought, have you gone into nortons firewall and allowed free realms??

GriffinSilentgulf is offline Master Gamer

^ pretty much what I did. Just went in and messed with it a bit

Overlord Joshua is offline Master Gamer

My works fine... And I have norton longer than a month a half, just as long as my Lap top.

~2op4u

No-L GamingTV~
    PM or VM me if your interested in my channel. I got 2 subs and 6 videos.