Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Title: No more power hour. Not EVER again!

Nyx Nighthaven is offline Master Gamer

Default No more power hour. Not EVER again!

Hi alls,
    I would like to ask serious players what if you never had another power hour again? Let's say you paid for lifetime membership, (and one of the nice features is having power hour, right?) and say some freak glitch happens to your toon... and this happens during the gloam invasion, when lots of things were buggy in the game. Now, imagine you have been patiently waiting for a resolution since last year in July, and they have tossed crazy coin scrolls at you to smooth things over while you wait... and wait. Apparently nothing can be done after all this time and a ref tells you this - " I added 1 million coins to your character to account for years of potentially missing power hours. I apologize..."

Now how would you handle this? What would you do? If you're a serious player you know this is a joke. Sure making one million coins takes effort, but it can easily be done in less then a month for sure --- by anyone who actually tries. And... this is suppose to cover for all the years to come that I play for all my potentially lost power hours???
    This is NO joke and it's a cruel pay off that is no way in my favor at all.
    What I am trying to get at is this in short. This happened to me, and I wonder how many other players this glitch has affected. It really is unfair to have paid to be able to use a feature that I can never ever be able to have/use again... and to be forced to accept a lousy pay off to keep me quiet or happy ? SRSLY!!!! ...

My question is this, how would you feel about this if it happened to you? What would you do from here with the decision that is final that SoE made... and would you be content with a million coin payoff?
    It just doesn't seem fair/right for justice's sake, and I feel rather cheated right now. Any comments are appreciated and thanks for taking the time to read all this.

Note: I would have this in the help section, but there is nothing that can be helped. This decision is final by SoE and I have to deal with it X_X

But shouldn't you get what you pay for? I just want my power hour back
    Tech Geargrinder likes this.

´¯`Dreamcatcher´¯`
    Believe and Achieve

DespicableDani is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: No more power hour. Not EVER again!

I would wonder if the 1mil payoff would be every year, since you won't get it back.
    I wouldn't be satisfied, because I do enjoy using my power hour especially during weeding or battling.
    But, the way I see it is... their kind of bribing you to stay with this game.
    Nyx Nighthaven and Baybo like this.
    My adventure ends here.

PirateJack is offline Master Gamer

Tell them that same post because that is NOT fair to you. They should fix it no matter what.
    Done.

Or go directly to SOE 's customer service, not a ticket that ref's take care of. There is a number some where. That is totally unacceptable and throwing you a million coins as a bone is an insult. As a lifetime member I would not let this go until they fix it or give you what you feel is suitable compenastion.

This is really, really awful treatment, Nyx.
    Last edited by Siobhan EmeraldCastle; 01-26-2013 at 08:11 PM.
    "I'll get you my pretties!"

KAnnamaria is offline Pro Gamer

I agree. This is not fair. You PAID for your membership and now one of the greatest things about it is gone. CALL ASAP!!!
    It was fun playing with you guys! Ilysm!

Kassiah is offline Amateur Gamer

When i payed for lifetime membership, the Power Hour thing was working just fine..then a few months later it wouldn't do it no more ;[ and it STILL doesn't work. It's been like 5 months already -.- oh well :/
    Nyx Nighthaven likes this.

Zyonmkxq is offline Banned

Meh, I wouldnt mind if this happened to me, to be honest I havent used power hour in 3-4 months. I bought lifetime membership several months ago and I still have access to power hour but I simply never use it. I can undertand your frustration however and this is definitely not fair to someone who would better utilize this time. Although personally I would take the payoff and as DespicableDani has asked-would this be for every year? Since I never use powerhour anyway this would be a favorable trade off for me. Although someone who uses powerhour to its upmost advantage can easily make 1m per month and therefor 12m per year, this would require ALOT of maitenance and logging in nearly every single day. So I guess to each his own, but yeah I totally get why you would be upset and all I can say is keep fighting the power!

Kassiah is offline Amateur Gamer

Heh, yeaaa if it was still working i probably wouldn't use it anyways xD i'm fine without it

KitanaEdenia is offline Master Gamer

I don't battle often. Honestly, I don't believe I've ever used it. Depending on how much extra coin you receive, I doubt I would miss it. (So...how much coin do you make? Lol)

Code: Breaker is awesome.
    The stupid gif isn't working.
    I know it's small.

Nyx Nighthaven is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by DespicableDani View Post
    I would wonder if the 1mil payoff would be every year, since you won't get it back.
    I wouldn't be satisfied, because I do enjoy using my power hour especially during weeding or battling.
    But, the way I see it is... their kind of bribing you to stay with this game.

Thanks for the reply Dani
    Yep it's definetly a bribe of some sort, and I am not happy with it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateJack View Post
    Tell them that same post because that is NOT fair to you. They should fix it no matter what.

Thanks Jack, I did reply to them and told them it wasn't fair in the least and I can prove I can make more then a milion a month... (and do on this toon) But nope I am suppose to feel special (what? NOT!) or something for getting that many coins from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan EmeraldCastle View Post
    Or go directly to SOE 's customer service, not a ticket that ref's take care of. There is a number some where. That is totally unacceptable and throwing you a million coins as a bone is an insult. As a lifetime member I would not let this go until they fix it or give you what you feel is suitable compenastion.

This is really, really awful treatment, Nyx.

Thanks Siobhan, I hadn't thought of doing that, I certainly will. And, I feel exactly how you have that penned down.

Quote Originally Posted by KAnnamaria View Post
    I agree. This is not fair. You PAID for your membership and now one of the greatest things about it is gone. CALL ASAP!!!
    Thank you Farahh, I will call Monday for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kassiah View Post
    When i payed for lifetime membership, the Power Hour thing was working just fine..then a few months later it wouldn't do it no more ;[ and it STILL doesn't work. It's been like 5 months already -.- oh well :/
    Hi Kassiah, perhaps you fell victim to the same horrible glitch as me. You should say something, at least you maybe a million coins richer, but at what cost? A million pay off is still extremely unfair

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonmkxq View Post
    Meh, I wouldnt mind if this happened to me, to be honest I havent used power hour in 3-4 months. I bought lifetime membership several months ago and I still have access to power hour but I simply never use it. I can undertand your frustration however and this is definitely not fair to someone who would better utilize this time. Although personally I would take the payoff and as DespicableDani has asked-would this be for every year? Since I never use powerhour anyway this would be a favorable trade off for me. Although someone who uses powerhour to its upmost advantage can easily make 1m per month and therefor 12m per year, this would require ALOT of maitenance and logging in nearly every single day. So I guess to each his own, but yeah I totally get why you would be upset and all I can say is keep fighting the power!
    Thanks Zyon, I can understand where you are coming from, it's still a feature I paid to be able to have and that they even advertize for upgrading ones account. I realize power hour is not something everyone uses or cares about. But.. what if you paid for something and it was taken from you?

It's still a huge headache for me and an added one I don't deserve. Thanks for the reply and the encouragement though
    DespicableDani likes this.

´¯`Dreamcatcher´¯`
    Believe and Achieve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast