Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Sellenia Fireblood's Avatar
    Sellenia Fireblood is offline Amateur Gamer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    307

    Default New SOE Authenticator?!

    Here is the exact quote from my news on my profile page. (copy and pasted)

    "Announced at Fan Faire 2011, the SOE Authenticator offers added account security to SOE Station Accounts.
    The SOE Authenticator is a supplemental authentication method for your Station Account giving you the security of Two-Factor Authentication. This additional layer of security is designed to help thwart and prevent unauthorized access to your account. The SOE Authenticator provides you with a unique, one-time authenticator code (PIN) to use in conjunction with your regular password.
    How's it work? Each time you log in to any SOE game, you will enter your regular password, then press the button on the SOE Authenticator, and enter the six digit number after your password. The system requires your regular password and the authenticator code to match to access your account, so no one can get into your account without both knowing your password and having your physical SOE Authenticator in their hand.
    The SOE Authenticator physical token is now on sale for all SOE players for $9.99 USD, which includes shipping and handling for domestic US orders. (Shipping and handling for purchases outside the US will incur an additional fee.) Authenticators are currently shipping around 2-3 weeks after purchase.
    For those looking for an alternate way to gain account security, a mobile SOE Authenticator is in the works and will be available for FREE for iPhone and Android.
    Have questions? Read more about the SOE Authenticator in our FAQs."
    Be Kind to the Earth- Save Jellyfish Fields!!
    GO 106.1 KISS FM!!

  2. #2
    Epic Becca's Avatar
    Epic Becca is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,104

    Default Re: New SOE Authenticator?!

    SO whats your question?
    There is such thing, i just read about in the FRI news.

    Back Online!


  3. #3
    Sellenia Fireblood's Avatar
    Sellenia Fireblood is offline Amateur Gamer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    307

    Default Re: New SOE Authenticator?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Epic Becca View Post
    SO whats your question?
    There is such thing, i just read about in the FRI news.
    I never had a question. I never said I did.
    Be Kind to the Earth- Save Jellyfish Fields!!
    GO 106.1 KISS FM!!

  4. #4
    Epic Becca's Avatar
    Epic Becca is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,104

    Default Re: New SOE Authenticator?!

    Oh, uhhhhhhhhhh. Okay..

    Back Online!


  5. #5
    AangXD's Avatar
    AangXD is offline Master Gamer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,477

    Default Re: New SOE Authenticator?!

    They want money to keep our accounts safe


  6. #6
    Kaleb Opaleyes's Avatar
    Kaleb Opaleyes is offline Amateur Gamer
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: New SOE Authenticator?!

    It's funny too because they have had information about it on their websites for a while now, you could even go to the shop a pre-order it! I really like the idea of this and I wouldn't mind paying a little bit of cash to have it. I quickly bought the Blizzard Authenticator as soon as it came out and I love having it! Although, the Blizzard one is a bit cheaper and it gives you a exclusive pet in-game when you use the Authenticator. Not sure why SOE is charging so much for it, I guess they are following in Square Enix's footsteps as they were charging around $10 for theirs as well.

    Wouldn't it be cool though if they did give you a exclusive pet for all of their games when you used the Authenticator? Then it would be worth the $10!




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    446

    Default Re: New SOE Authenticator?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleb Opaleyes View Post
    It's funny too because they have had information about it on their websites for a while now, you could even go to the shop a pre-order it! I really like the idea of this and I wouldn't mind paying a little bit of cash to have it. I quickly bought the Blizzard Authenticator as soon as it came out and I love having it! Although, the Blizzard one is a bit cheaper and it gives you a exclusive pet in-game when you use the Authenticator. Not sure why SOE is charging so much for it, I guess they are following in Square Enix's footsteps as they were charging around $10 for theirs as well.

    Wouldn't it be cool though if they did give you a exclusive pet for all of their games when you used the Authenticator? Then it would be worth the $10!

    OFF TOPIC
    Are you talking about Blizzard Entertainment Like World of Warcraft?? :/ Lol just wondering

  8. #8
    merrione is offline Amateur Gamer
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    256

    Default Re: New SOE Authenticator?!

    Its the same price as the one for WOW as I got one for there, it's a bit of a hassle as there is a new number to add each time u log in but if u are afraid of being hacked it works, I glued a hook on my desk so I could keep it handy and wouldn't lose it (its small)

  9. #9
    Kaleb Opaleyes's Avatar
    Kaleb Opaleyes is offline Amateur Gamer
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: New SOE Authenticator?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoochie Cuddlekins View Post
    OFF TOPIC
    Are you talking about Blizzard Entertainment Like World of Warcraft?? :/ Lol just wondering
    Yes, tt would be the same company that makes World Of Warcraft. Also Square Enix has one for their Final Fantasy Online games.

    Also, the SOE one costs around $10 while the Blizzard one costs $6.50.
    Last edited by Kaleb Opaleyes; 08-16-2011 at 03:16 PM.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •