Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Title: New Gliding is really cool!

PirateJack is offline Master Gamer

Default New Gliding is really cool!

I finished my 5 quest today on gliding and try it out it is super cool!
    img_20130114-06-07-36.jpg
    Done.

Lollipop is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: New Gliding is really cool!

That just looks like you're falling, so that's confusing me, but I wish I could have finished it. I can't go online on Sundays. If you miss a day, you don't have to start over do you? I don't think you do, but I want to be sure.

"There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for." -Samwise Gamgee

I am not sure but it was hard to take a right pic.
    Done.

Tech Geargrinder is offline Amateur Gamer

So Jack... My membership recently expired to this whole expired credit card thing. In short my mom has the credit card and she works until 2 am sometimes. The credit info in now is expired. All my mounts are members only, including my gliding ones. Because of this I have been unable to do any of the quests past number two. In case Soe takes this out of game like the parachutes I would like to know what it is like to glide.Here are a few questions I hope you can answer.

1. Is there a difference between gliding and falling?
    NOTE : THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS ARE BASED UPON THE ASSUMPTION THAT THE ANSWER TO THE FIRST QUESTION WILL BE YES]

2. When gliding is the only difference that the animation is changed (Like the Sci-fi changes the animation but not speed.jump height,falling rate,ect.) or does it change the animation AND make some difference in actual movement?(An example of this would be the parachute, which changes the falling animation to parachute gliding AND causes you to fall slower)

3. Is it fun to glide? And all in all do you think the effort of doing these quests was worth it? Were the quests too much work for the gliding? Was it about right? Or do you think the gliding should have taken more effort to obtain?
    Thank you for your time,patience, and page space for my incredibly long post.

Yours Truly,
    -Tech Geargrinder
    " You didnt see me.... I wasn't here..... You didn't hear anything..."

BlueVelvet is offline Amateur Gamer

I'm still working on the questline but excited to hear your answers to Tech's questions
    "Who are you people?!?~~Patrick Star

Ahliadre is offline Master Gamer

I like it, too, Jack (: Just completed my gliding quests!

Tech, the gliding looks like the parachute fall to me (though I didn't put a chute on to compare them). The best I noticed, the key effects were the same (slow gliding falls, spiral gliding, etc). I am sure Jack can give you more specifics.

In answer to number 2, yes, it's fun - but so very similar to parachuting. If you like that effect and would like it on your pet, you will like it. The quests were simple - I think it's cool that they are simple enough for everyone to complete if tried. When you complete the fifth day, you win the gliding saddle. You have to choose to which eligible pet to apply it.

Have a super afternoon! ♥Ahli
    Tech Geargrinder likes this.
    IGN: Ahliadre

DespicableDani is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Geargrinder View Post
    So Jack...
    1. Is there a difference between gliding and falling?
    NOTE : THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS ARE BASED UPON THE ASSUMPTION THAT THE ANSWER TO THE FIRST QUESTION WILL BE YES]

2. When gliding is the only difference that the animation is changed (Like the Sci-fi changes the animation but not speed.jump height,falling rate,ect.) or does it change the animation AND make some difference in actual movement?(An example of this would be the parachute, which changes the falling animation to parachute gliding AND causes you to fall slower)

3. Is it fun to glide? And all in all do you think the effort of doing these quests was worth it? Were the quests too much work for the gliding? Was it about right? Or do you think the gliding should have taken more effort to obtain?
    Errr.. or Cay?

1. I consider falling to be like you would on a jump pad. But as I can see by testing in game, gliding is just like the parachutes.

2. Its exactly like the parachute, you glide for a bit but slowly fall to the water or ground.

3. I believe that its just okay to glide, its not something we haven't seen before. The work? For what we got? Just about right. I think SOE could have put in some more effort, but what we get is what we get.

Hope you didn't mind me answering instead of Jack, but I felt helpful. If you need anymore details just contact me or reply to this thread.
    Tech Geargrinder likes this.
    My adventure ends here.

Quote Originally Posted by DespicableDani View Post
    Errr.. or Cay?

1. I consider falling to be like you would on a jump pad. But as I can see by testing in game, gliding is just like the parachutes.

2. Its exactly like the parachute, you glide for a bit but slowly fall to the water or ground.

3. I believe that its just okay to glide, its not something we haven't seen before. The work? For what we got? Just about right. I think SOE could have put in some more effort, but what we get is what we get.

Hope you didn't mind me answering instead of Jack, but I felt helpful. If you need anymore details just contact me or reply to this thread.
    ^^ I agree with this.
    Done.

KAnnamaria is offline Pro Gamer

That looks amazing. Good thing you got a picture!
    It was fun playing with you guys! Ilysm!

Lollipop is offline Master Gamer

Nevermind. I fixed the problem It's really neat
    If you do it all over again, can you give another mount a saddle?
    Last edited by Lollipop; 01-15-2013 at 09:54 AM.

"There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for." -Samwise Gamgee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast