Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Jaclyn Goldenvale is offline Amateur Gamer

Default New chat is not what you think

I can't get into FR right now due to an error message I have never seen at login (is anyone else getting this?) but I want to correct a misconception about the new chat system.

I asked customer support when we will be able to use the new message system (envelope below emote buttons) for more than just claiming gifts. A ref said it is not intended for us to chat with each other, but for the administrators to share news with players. Sorry. It could have been cool to message groups of friends or send longer notes than whispers allow.
    No one knows the realm like the key hunters

Default Re: New chat is not what you think

Ikr, at first it seemed like chat was popping up faster and there were fewer bugs than after such large updates (except friends server and some people not being able to chat at all), but things are going downhill with lag and I am writing more tickets than i have in months on strange changes and bugs i spot.

Grim Soulreaper is offline Master Gamer

Good to know its not just me that's completely laggy though... I have been for a long time
    Playing DCUO now

GabbyClark1 is offline Master Gamer

I lagged for a long time until the update came. Now I barely lag at all. xP Guess it's different for some people.
    Spoiler: show
    Check out my poems thread. And no link o.o Find it yourself under the creative writing section o.o

Ok, this was ref Perriwinkle's actual response about the new message system:

One thing I did want to make sure you know is that the message system is working as intended. It is not going to be a message system between players, but rather a message system from Free Realms to each player.

ninjablade2000 is offline Master Gamer

Well, that sucks. Messages rather than whispers would be very good, a bit like a PM, just on FR.

I suppose things could be worse...
    hello

GriffinSilentgulf is offline Master Gamer

Whispering basically is PMing. I have never really lagged before, even in crowded areas. The updates are very good to me, and "noobs" can still understand how to play.

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyClark1 View Post
    I lagged for a long time until the update came. Now I barely lag at all. xP Guess it's different for some people.
    Same here, after the update, I rarely freeze at Tanglewood Fort, server 1. However, I occasionally lag when farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaclyn Goldenvale View Post
    Ok, this was ref Perriwinkle's actual response about the new message system:

One thing I did want to make sure you know is that the message system is working as intended. It is not going to be a message system between players, but rather a message system from Free Realms to each player.
    I hope I don't receive a personal message from the Ref or Enforcer telling me, "Brett, don't go out of bounds," lol.
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

Bump, because people are still asking me why they can't use the message system.