Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Title: "Mysterious Merchant" In blackspore? O_o

Jabbawockie is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: "Mysterious Merchant" In blackspore? O_o

OK I'm going to try to not type a novel here, but no promises.

If one were to think like a mega company like SOE for a moment, look at the player base. The ratio of new players vs ancient players is, well... a lot.

Now when I say ancient I'm speaking of people with rocker and the items nearly every player in the game would give their parents' house to have.

Now say FR has less than 500 of these "ancient" players which is realistic, there aren't very many of them left. FR has over 20 million players. I haven't kept up with FR for awhile my interests have fallen elsewhere but part of me will forever be a FR player. If you have 19 million people who would kill for the items 1 million players have you're sitting on a gold mine.

If this "mysterious merchant" were to offer items like rocker sets actual rocker sets for SC prices say 400SC a piece within a few days FR would drag in a mind blowing amount of profit.

It takes a lot to run a game like FR paying their employees is just the tip of the iceberg, we've all complained about the lack of new areas it took them forever to release Sunstone and I personally was disappointed with it, I waited so long to see it and it's small and I got bored with it within a few hours. But my personal opinions aside, if they were to offer the things the majority of their players have been thirsting for (rocker mostly not even old vaults with the release of vault berries the interest in true vaults died considerably with the newer players) they would be on the right track to push their game forward with the locked areas and everything else.

Thinking about this from a business aspect SOE would be stupid not to offer things like the physical VRs for SC. If you ran a business and you had 55,000 customers and 50,000 of them wanted something and were willing to throw cash at it as fast as they could to have it and 5,000 already had it and would be angry if the 50,000 got it and wouldn't come back to your business who would you keep happy?

Realistically offering the most wanted and hardest to get items in FR for SC would be SOE's best move, better to risk losing less than 500 players than to lose a money making opportunity like that.

Now when I say hardest to get and most wanted I know there are items that are harder to get than rocker, a few elite items are less common than rocker I understand that but if you took a poll of FR players and asked them what they want more rocker or elite soccer for instance I bet 99% of them would say rocker.

It's a genius idea business wise and honestly if the "elite" players were to rage quit over it maybe that's not such a bad thing. Playing the game just to show off and be the coolest in the realms is kinda sad, everyone has to grow up at some point and realize that being elite in a video game isn't the greatest accomplishment in the world. FR loses players every day but they gain them in greater numbers than they lose them, risking losing a tiny tiny amount of players vs raking in a sizable amount of profit to continue to better their game? If I had a vote in it, let the "elite" go if they're childish enough to throw a fit over not being the coolest in the realms.

And on another subject still related to this conversation, the idea of "rare" content in free realms is so off base it's mind blowing.

Vault berry is considered rare, I don't even consider vault freestyle rare. It's obtainable it's not rare. I don't even consider physical VRs rare, there aren't many of them but you can still get them the packs are all over ebay by the thousands.

The nerd gear, bubble wand etc is rare. End of story, limited edition items are rare, they aren't coming back. Certain items in the game that weren't listed as limited edition are free game, they've recreated them plenty of times and will continue to do it but they are considered "noob items" look at how HUGE hover boots were for a week, now they're a "noob item"

Re-sell rocker in game for SC and call it what it is, don't recreate it (black skinnys?) and sit back and watch the money pour in. Best move FR could make for itself.

<Lunarium>
    Sig && Avie by Jabbawockie

Zyonmkxq is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbawockie View Post
    It's a genius idea business wise and honestly if the "elite" players were to rage quit over it maybe that's not such a bad thing. Playing the game just to show off and be the coolest in the realms is kinda sad, everyone has to grow up at some point and realize that being elite in a video game isn't the greatest accomplishment in the world. FR loses players every day but they gain them in greater numbers than they lose them, risking losing a tiny tiny amount of players vs raking in a sizable amount of profit to continue to better their game? If I had a vote in it, let the "elite" go if they're childish enough to throw a fit over not being the coolest in the realms.
    I think.... I am in love?

Zalesana is offline Master Gamer

And on another subject still related to this conversation, the idea of "rare" content in free realms is so off base it's mind blowing.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The nerd gear, bubble wand etc is rare. End of story, limited edition items are rare, they aren't coming back. Certain items in the game that weren't listed as limited edition are free game, they've recreated them plenty of times and will continue to do it but they are considered "noob items" look at how HUGE hover boots were for a week, now they're a "noob item"
    I agree with a lot of this, but these are my favorite parts. 8]

Edit: If anyone hasn't looked at the other thread yet, someone found a vest in sc that has a preview of a very odd color. It's one that I've never seen before. I bought it and it changed to amythest. I hope we're getting new tints! 8]

http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...ou-know-56669/
    Last edited by Zalesana; 11-26-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Dawn73 is offline Master Gamer

Anyone update me when she opens or if she ever does! Im takin a break for a few weeks (:
    Narwhales. Bai.

JesterGirl is offline Master Gamer

honestly if the "elite" players were to rage quit over it maybe that's not such a bad thing. Playing the game just to show off and be the coolest in the realms is kinda sad, everyone has to grow up at some point and realize that being elite in a video game isn't the greatest accomplishment in the world. FR loses players every day but they gain them in greater numbers than they lose them, risking losing a tiny tiny amount of players vs raking in a sizable amount of profit to continue to better their game? If I had a vote in it, let the "elite" go if they're childish enough to throw a fit over not being the coolest in the realms.
    My sentiments exactly. I've always thought this about the really snooty players...If your life seriously revolves around being "elite" in Free Realms, you're in desperate need of a life.
    And furthermore, what will the "elite" players do when FR finally shuts down one day? they may need to be hospitalized.

IGN: Twigs
    (Formerly: Twiggy Jade)
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Overlord Joshua is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by JesterGirl View Post
    My sentiments exactly. I've always thought this about the really snooty players...If your life seriously revolves around being "elite" in Free Realms, you're in desperate need of a life.
    And furthermore, what will the "elite" players do when FR finally shuts down one day? they may need to be hospitalized.
    It wont if blizzard buys SOE....

No-L GamingTV~
    PM or VM me if your interested in my channel. I got 2 subs and 6 videos.

pikach55 is offline Pro Gamer

Okay. I don't understand why people would quit over her selling vaults, rocker, shades, milk gloves, etc. I mean. So what if they aren't rare? Money is pretty common. So why not items be common? Plus, it could do good for the people that spent a ton on stuff. So if the items become common, they won't be living in a box for game items. I think it would be fantastic for her to have vaults. Heck, I have several, shades, and rocker, I'd love it! I've spent a ton on my things too. And gotten scammed from some. But this could also lower scamming! Think about what good this would do! But in the end. It's all just.. A game~
    We're cool. Yeah, I'm egotistical.

Overlord Joshua is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by pikach55 View Post
    Okay. I don't understand why people would quit over her selling vaults, rocker, shades, milk gloves, etc. I mean. So what if they aren't rare? Money is pretty common. So why not items be common? Plus, it could do good for the people that spent a ton on stuff. So if the items become common, they won't be living in a box for game items. I think it would be fantastic for her to have vaults. Heck, I have several, shades, and rocker, I'd love it! I've spent a ton on my things too. And gotten scammed from some. But this could also lower scamming! Think about what good this would do! But in the end. It's all just.. A game~
    how many shades how uch can i have one wooo i'll give battling cards for em ... : P

No-L GamingTV~
    PM or VM me if your interested in my channel. I got 2 subs and 6 videos.

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

No matter what she will be selling, there is now a teleport-to for her in Blackspore.

jaaaaaaaaack is offline Master Gamer

‚ÄčIs she open now?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast