Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Title: My theory on "Free Realms Sunset"

izzywolfriver is offline Explorer

Default My theory on "Free Realms Sunset"

I have my suspicions that the game isn't really shutting down. I may just be giving myself false hope, but there are some things I don't understand.

-Why, in the official announcement, did they say 'sunset'? No where did they say exactly that free realms was being shut down.
    -Pony Vale. Why would they spend so much time and effort on a place to never be opened? It takes a lot to perfect the land, get rid of glitches, ect. Also, this article states Pony Vale is to be opened on the next big update. Pony Vale - FreeRealms Wiki
    This article is more in-depth on Pony Vale. SOE Live 2012: An exclusive look at the future of Free Realms | Massively. At the end of the article, it also talks about plans for a new housing feature.
    -Their claim that older players are leaving. From what I've heard, there are more players now than ever. As the old players leave, new ones will be brought in.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. I don't believe it's truly shutting down. Maybe its the start of a new game or huge update.

Edit- I know the second article was the source. I provided it because it contained more information with those who weren't content with the summary given by Wikia. Also, key word, "What i've heard".

Sorry. I'm wrong. I apologize.
    Last edited by izzywolfriver; 01-25-2014 at 12:50 AM.

cassidy_ is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: My theory on "Free Realms Sunset"

Same here, most people are saying its an Aprils Fools joke like they did a couple years back. I was not aware of this a couple years back but also, didn't they same something on a summer chest or something like that? Yet, then again there are supposedly three other games shutting down. I also heard rumors that a Referee appeared and said there was nothing to worry about, it's all a joke. If this is a joke, isn't this pretty dangerous for SOE to risk losing characters over a joke? Gah, it's pretty confusing.
    Last edited by cassidy_; 01-25-2014 at 12:39 AM.

IGN:Aphrødite

ashfr is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by izzywolfriver View Post
    I have my suspicions that the game isn't really shutting down. I may just be giving myself false hope, but there are some things I don't understand.

-Why, in the official announcement, did they say 'sunset'? No where did they say exactly that free realms was being shut down.
    We will share details on the upcoming activities and sunset soon, but we wanted to give you plenty of notice so you can truly enjoy your remaining time left in the game. We thank you for all of the memories we have made together in the Realms!
    Pony Vale. Why would they spend so much time and effort on a place to never be opened? It takes a lot to perfect the land, get rid of glitches, ect. Also, this article states Pony Vale is to be opened on the next big update. Pony Vale - FreeRealms Wiki
    The massively article below is actually the source, the article is citing from it because it's a Wikia.
    This article is more in-depth on Pony Vale. SOE Live 2012: An exclusive look at the future of Free Realms | Massively. At the end of the article, it also talks about plans for a new housing feature.
    I'm predicting it's from the drawing board alone, that was a year ago and nearly more, we've heard nothing on this "PonyVale" since.

-Their claim that older players are leaving. From what I've heard, there are more players now than ever.
    Not sure if your being literal, but I doubt Free Realms has reached it's peak of active members in the last three years alone, most especially at this time where they've already lost members.

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Actually yes, yes it was specifically stated that it is indeed shutting down. You can check the 5 thousand other threads about this topic for the source.

-Pony Vale. Why would they spend so much time and effort on a place to never be opened? It takes a lot to perfect the land, get rid of glitches, ect. Also, this article states Pony Vale is to be opened on the next big update. Pony Vale - FreeRealms Wiki

They said months ago that Pony Vale was more or less scrapped/not a priority at the very least.

-Their claim that older players are leaving. From what I've heard, there are more players now than ever. As the old players leave, new ones will be brought in.

This has to be the most naïve of all the claims that I have seen so far. From what you have heard? Who in the right mind has said that this game is more popular now than ever? No one ever. In fact just the opposite. It has been frequently stated that this game is dead for a long time now. As old players leave new ones are brought in? It doesn't matter when the influx of new players is far exceeded by the number of players quiting. When for every 100 players quitting only one new player arrives, you not going to stay afloat for very long.

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

"
    • This is no joke people. I'm sorry I had to bring such sad news. Let's make the remaining time memorable!" -Shock

"I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

How corny.

madisonalyse03 is offline Pro Gamer

"That's just good business." (quote from Pirates of the Caribbean). No care or concern about the customers only interest is making more money. It is not a joke, it's all over the web, and at closer look the reason for them sunset-ing the game is they are coming out with a new game called Ever Quest Landmark and are hoping to get some of the FR customers as well as put their resources into that game. However, if people are so mistrusting and angry with SOE now I suspect many will never play any of their games old or new again.
    Last edited by madisonalyse03; 01-25-2014 at 02:37 PM.

MirandaFlamestory is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by madisonalyse03 View Post
    However, if people are so mistrusting and angry with SOE now I suspect many will never play any of their games old or new again.
    I certainly won't be investing any of my time and money in any SOE games, to then be disappointed in the end :(

Èmma & Barbìe
    ~♥Frostbitten Boutique♥~♥Buying & Selling Items♥~

Quote Originally Posted by madisonalyse03 View Post
    "That's just good business." (quote from Pirates of the Caribbean). No care or concern about the customers only interest is making more money.
    The whole point in making the game was to get money, they go for customers interest so they can earn money.
    If they aren't making no mo money it's obvious that they'll close it down, they need revenue to keep it up.
    If they see it's not gaining enough activity it defeats the purpose of making the game.
    first grader knowledge
    This is dumb criticism.

now go away
    Last edited by ashfr; 01-26-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Ash has got a point but so does Madison. Yes, obviously the whole point of making a game is to profit from it but at the same time you need to market that game in such a way that it keeps the interests of players so that way you can continue making that profit. What SOE did was lose the trust and interest from the players and because of this the image of their company has suffered and many players have left the game prior to current events thus leading to the situation that the game is in now. By ignoring the player's interests and instead pursuing their own interests they have lost site of what it means to be making a game in the first place. Yes, it is to make profit but you will only make profit by making a game people want to play. SOE has made a game that SOE wants and not what the community wants and that was their downfall. If SOE actually listened to the players this would probably not be happening right now.
    Brett Firemumbles likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast