Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Title: My take on the shutdown.

Cøco is offline Amateur Gamer

Default My take on the shutdown.

This isn't fair.

I have a lifetime membership. I have bought countless Station Cash cards. I have been on this site for over three years. I have invested hundreds upon hundreds of hours on this game. Does that mean nothing? This isn't fair. To be honest I'm, for lack of a better word, furious. They can't take away something that I have spent close to one thousand hours playing. For a while I was addicted. I would wake up at unholy hours of the night and get online. Simply because I wanted, no I needed, to play. (I have been able to cut back my hours, thankfully.) I have spent many a night ignoring texts and calls from my real friends because I was having so much fun playing an online game with others, who I had met minutes ago. What would make me want to miss a night out, and instead spend it with strangers? We had one thing in common, and that was all we needed. We had Free Realms.

This game has given so many people friendships with people that they probably won't ever be able to meet, or speak to outside of the game. And yet we still cherish these online bonds. These people can't judge us on how pretty we are, how popular we are at school, or how many friends we have. We get to know these people through a game that was designed to be our own. Although these may not be lasting friendships, we still call these people our friends. They were willing to talk to us when our friends at school ignored us. They were willing to listen when nobody else would. This game was a safehaven to many. We could turn to the internet to become whatever we wanted. We could forget our real world problems for even an hour, immersing ourselves into a world that was better, friendlier, and where the sky was the limit.

This game taught us to dream. Where else would I ever ride a unicorn, a wolf, or tiger? Where else can I build a mansion on my own property, making it exactly how I want? Where else would I get to beat the tar out of trolls, bears, wolves, robgoblins, and countless other opponents? Where else would I be able to see the beach or snow whenever I wanted, just by teleporting? Where else could I launch myself hundreds of feet into the air and soar across the sky? Where else can we go into a bear exhibit at a zoo? Where else can we swim and run for miles upon miles upon miles without ever tiring? Where else can we become a medic, ninja, farmer, brawler, chef, miner, card duelist, wizard, soccer star, postman, warrior, archer, kart driver, fisherman, blacksmith, and an adventurer?

Free Realms is the only place where we can do all of this and more.They can't just take this away from us. This isn't just a game, it's a lifestyle.

So no. I won't quit. I won't stop hoping that this is all just a massive prank, despite the fact that everything is now 60% off in the marketplace. I refuse to accept that this is really all over. Because it if is, then there will be hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people all around the entire world who will wake up on April 1st feeling empty and not quite sure what to do to try and get over the massive loss of Free Realms. I guess you could say I'm in denial, that life will go on. That I can just find another game to play. I can't. I've tried other games, but nothing can compare to the graphics, mobility, safety, and freedom that Free Realms offers. The game is perfect to me and so many other players. I can bring up the technicality that my account membership isn't going to expire until 2021. Shouldn't I be able to play for as long as they have promised me? So I have a solution. If Sony Online Entertainment needs to put their resources elsewhere, then can't they just stop updating? Stop the refs. Stop the enforcers. Stop those who fix the bugs and respond to tickets. Stop tech support. I know this is a very flawed plan, but it would be a way for us to save the game. Desperate times call for desperate measures, right? So if SOE needs to move those who worked on Free Realms to other games, then why can't they just leave us to fend for ourselves? With, of course a disclaimer stating that this game is no longer monitored and updating, so then when the bad players who like to troll won't be a liability to SOE. This a very rough idea, but it could open the door to leading to a solution. I just hope that we can find a way to work out a way for the players to not lose everything they have spent years of their life on.

I just want Free Realms to stay. I am absolutely sure that thousands, hundreds of thousands, of others feel the same. I feel cheated. As the theme song of Free Realms states:
    ''IT'S YOUR WORLD!
    You can do what ever you want to do,
    However you want to,
    Nothings impossible!
    IT'S YOUR WORLD!
    You get to make your own rules,
    However you want to,
    Now your unstoppable!"

So before you shut it down just please take a moment to think about how unfair all of this is. It's all just unfair.

-food for thought. Thanks.
    I'm out.

Check out my opinion---
    ~My Take on the Shutdown~

DespicableDani is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: My take on the shutdown.

Don't read if you don't like the harsh truth.
    And again, this is IN GENERAL, not attacking or trying to attack Coco at all, whatsoever.

Spoiler: show
    Not trying to be rude, but it's not the end of the world, just the virtual world.
    Plus there's already 5000 threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Cøco View Post
    This isn't fair.

I have a lifetime membership. I have bought countless Station Cash cards. I have been on this site for over three years. I have invested hundreds upon hundreds of hours on this game. Does that mean nothing? This isn't fair. To be honest I'm, for lack of a better word, furious. They can't take away something that I have spent close to one thousand hours playing. For a while I was addicted. I would wake up at unholy hours of the night and get online. Simply because I wanted, no I needed, to play. (I have been able to cut back my hours, thankfully.) I have spent many a night ignoring texts and calls from my real friends because I was having so much fun playing an online game with others, who I had met minutes ago. What would make me want to miss a night out, and instead spend it with strangers? We had one thing in common, and that was all we needed. We had Free Realms.
    You played a game you liked, and not everything we like sticks around forever.
    It's fair because a lot of companies can shut down productions, virtual or not.

This game has given so many people friendships with people that they probably won't ever be able to meet, or speak to outside of the game. And yet we still cherish these online bonds. These people can't judge us on how pretty we are, how popular we are at school, or how many friends we have. We get to know these people through a game that was designed to be our own. Although these may not be lasting friendships, we still call these people our friends. They were willing to talk to us when our friends at school ignored us. They were willing to listen when nobody else would. This game was a safehaven to many. We could turn to the internet to become whatever we wanted. We could forget our real world problems for even an hour, immersing ourselves into a world that was better, friendlier, and where the sky was the limit.
    Social networks.

This game taught us to dream. Where else would I ever ride a unicorn, a wolf, or tiger? Where else can I build a mansion on my own property, making it exactly how I want? Where else would I get to beat the tar out of trolls, bears, wolves, robgoblins, and countless other opponents? Where else would I be able to see the beach or snow whenever I wanted, just by teleporting? Where else could I launch myself hundreds of feet into the air and soar across the sky? Where else can we go into a bear exhibit at a zoo? Where else can we swim and run for miles upon miles upon miles without ever tiring? Where else can we become a medic, ninja, farmer, brawler, chef, miner, card duelist, wizard, soccer star, postman, warrior, archer, kart driver, fisherman, blacksmith, and an adventurer?
    Other games...

Free Realms is the only place where we can do all of this and more.They can't just take this away from us. This isn't just a game, it's a lifestyle.
    Did I mention they're doing this because they rather invest in games for older audiences?
    They're done with a kid-based community because it's too hard to maintain.
    Lifestyles change.

So no. I won't quit. I won't stop hoping that this is all just a massive prank, despite the fact that everything is now 60% off in the marketplace. I refuse to accept that this is really all over. Because it if is, then there will be hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people all around the entire world who will wake up on April 1st feeling empty and not quite sure what to do to try and get over the massive loss of Free Realms. I guess you could say I'm in denial, that life will go on. That I can just find another game to play. I can't. I've tried other games, but nothing can compare to the graphics, mobility, safety, and freedom that Free Realms offers. The game is perfect to me and so many other players. I can bring up the technicality that my account membership isn't going to expire until 2021. Shouldn't I be able to play for as long as they have promised me? So I have a solution. If Sony Online Entertainment needs to put their resources elsewhere, then can't they just stop updating? Stop the refs. Stop the enforcers. Stop those who fix the bugs and respond to tickets. Stop tech support. I know this is a very flawed plan, but it would be a way for us to save the game. Desperate times call for desperate measures, right? So if SOE needs to move those who worked on Free Realms to other games, then why can't they just leave us to fend for ourselves? With, of course a disclaimer stating that this game is no longer monitored and updating, so then when the bad players who like to troll won't be a liability to SOE. This a very rough idea, but it could open the door to leading to a solution. I just hope that we can find a way to work out a way for the players to not lose everything they have spent years of their life on.

It's not a prank, 3 other games are closing.
    Yes, I agree nothing compares, but we all have to let go sometime.
    This way you aren't tempted to go back.

AGAIN, too hard to maintain and keep a kids can safe and secure.

Fend for ourselves? Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's pretty impossible.

I just want Free Realms to stay. I am absolutely sure that thousands, hundreds of thousands, of others feel the same. I feel cheated. As the theme song of Free Realms states:
    ''IT'S YOUR WORLD!
    You can do what ever you want to do,
    However you want to,
    Nothings impossible!
    IT'S YOUR WORLD!
    You get to make your own rules,
    However you want to,
    Now your unstoppable!"

So before you shut it down just please take a moment to think about how unfair all of this is. It's all just unfair.

-food for thought. Thanks.
    I'm out.
    I see it as fair, we're all growing up, and the community, though for kids, was mostly teenagers and young adults.

Again, not trying to be rude, but it's time for everyone to move on; ready or not.
    Not judging you for not being ready, cause their are others that aren't ready too, but.
    Last edited by DespicableDani; 01-31-2014 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Hypocrites, hypocrites everywhere! ツ
    My adventure ends here.

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by DespicableDani View Post
    Not trying to be rude, but it's not the end of the world, just the virtual world.
    Plus there's already 5000 threads.

You played a game you liked, and not everything we like sticks around forever.
    It's fair because a lot of companies can shut down productions, virtual or not.

There's things called social networks for character profiles.

Other games...

Did I mention their doing this because they rather invest in games for older audiences?
    They're done with a kid-based community because it's too hard to maintain, so yes, yes they can.
    P.S. lifestyles change.

It's not a prank, 3 other games are closing.
    Yes, I agree nothing compares, but we all have to let go sometime.
    This way you aren't tempted to go back.

AGAIN, too hard to maintain and keep a kids can safe and secure.

Fend for ourselves? Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's pretty impossible.

I see it as fair, we're all growing up, and the community, though for kids, was mostly teenagers and young adults.
    I feel like each time you laugh, an animal gets abused.
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

Zalesana is offline Master Gamer

Oh boy...

I know how you feel, Coco. I'm also a lifetime member with way too much money invested in this game and over 2,000 hours logged, but all good things have to come to an end. Supporting a game aimed at kids is pretty difficult since you have to monitor chat and troublemakers. I would go on a long rant, but I really don't feel the need to dwell on this anymore. I'll leave it at I know how you feel and that I wish it didn't have to end either, but I'm sure you'll feel better over time. I've been finding a lot of quotes that say what I want to say better than I can, so here you go:

Letting go has never been easy, but holding on can be as difficult. Yet strength is measured not by holding on, but by letting go. ~ Len Santos
    I'm sure it'll take time, but it's best not to dwell on this. It'll just make you more upset. It'll get better. 8]
    Last edited by Zalesana; 01-30-2014 at 09:10 PM.
    zachpuppy and Cøco like this.

comicfae is offline Explorer

I'm strangling my computer screen because of...
    Well, I agree with you, but I can't help but just strangle the comments that object to it all.
    bunny girl and Cøco like this.
    so, there was a princess.

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

As someone who has fought a tug of war battle for another game lasting a year before that game inevitably shutdown all I can say is this: You can kick and scream all you want but in the end what is done is done and will not change no matter how much you as an individual or us as a community wants it to be different. It sucks, I know. I have seen this happen far too many times but once something like this is announced it is final, there is no going back now.

bunny girl is offline Pro Gamer

I totally agree with you Coco!

Free Realms is the only game I can really play and get away from it all too, and now since its leaving, it feels like a part of me is leaving.

I still can't believe that they would do something like this to their players before April Fools Day, What a stupid date to put it at, its saying to the people who don't believe its actually true "Oh you thought it was a joke? LOL nope!".

Did you notice how its a month after Valentines Day that their doing this? They want all the money they can get before it shuts down! (Like how they did it for Christmas > : ( )

Their not even half way done releasing everything and their deciding to close it now? Its their own fault that their not making enough money off this game! If they would actually put the time and effort into it like they use to, this wouldn't be happening.

Giving players only 2 months to say goodbye to Free Realms was a very bad idea, They should've gave us at least a year, players would've been ready to say goodbye, even at that its to soon.

Last edited by bunny girl; 01-31-2014 at 02:25 AM.
    Brett Firemumbles and Cøco like this.

I hope some day some nice millionaire will buy FreeRealms copyright...

Coco, there's a lot of ppl who feel like you do. I've all ready read some pretty heart wrenching stories. They've broken many hearts.
    Yes it's a game, but our feelings are real. Everybody gets over things in their own time; don't let anyone tell you how you should feel.
    "I'll get you my pretties!"

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

I agree with you, Coco.

Unfortunately, in the best interest of their company, $OE already made an announcement to shut down 4 games, including Free Realms this year. The info is written all over the gaming websites. No amount of pleading or petition would make a dent to change $OE's decision. Our fate is sealed, and the FR avatars will virtually die on 03/31//14, one day before my birthday IRL. I have accepted my fate.

I did enjoy the game. Most players, including myself, love the game; some hate it; some hate to love it; and some love to hate it, lol. I did enjoy the ride and met lots of great friends in game and in this forum.

However, personally, I start to realize that FR has been a poor investment of my time and money... lots of real money. I'm a Lifetime member... Psssh. I'm sad and disappointed. It seems I still have some SC in my account. If only I could convert those SC to IMVU credits; or perhaps, if $OE could refund my SC to $1 singles, I'll head to nearest club, and be happy. TGIF. (:

This I vow, I won't be playing any of $OE's games. Nevah! (:
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

GriffinSilentgulf is offline Master Gamer

100% agreed with Dani here.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast