Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By The Flaming Trident
  • 1 Post By Zalesana
  • 6 Post By Ashley Preciousfable

Title: Me Ranting Because I Feel Like It

The Flaming Trident is offline Master Gamer

Default Me Ranting Because I Feel Like It

I have recently come on sporadically. Some weeks I'll be on a lot and then I'll just leave. A few days ago I looked at about the 131783475034th "FR is closing" thread, saw like one or two posts then just logged off expecting nothing to come from it. Came back today and as soon as I saw that thread had 5 pages I sort of figured what happened. Say it with me:

FRM vs FRI. I feel silly not expecting something like to happen considering it's been happening oh I dunno.... since forever. Seriously, this is pretty much all this site is now. This is one of the reasons why my appearances have shortened. It's literally the same thing over and over again. Same exact formula; post, troll post, argument. This is literally pointless and coming from personal experience it gets absolutely nowhere. What's in it for you? NOTHING. FRI is more or less dead and is "too complicated". I can't speak for FRM because I haven't been the site itself but the devs glorify them like no tomorrow so I guess they're doing pretty good. Both sides are literally beating dead horses over a dead game. Seriously it does not matter AT ALL. This feuding is pointless and leads to nothing, results in nothing significant, and does nothing to further advance either site. Well, other than the page views putting money in the pockets of the site owners.

To the people arguing against FRM. I was once with you and shared your exact same opinions. I can honestly say there is not a single point that you people have argued that I never agreed with even for the slightest second. However there is a difference between you and I. Oh I don't know... I'VE GOTTEN OVER IT. HALLELUJAH MY PROBLEMS WITH FRM ENDED BY..... not paying attention to them. While you have argued the same broken down and redundant argument for like 2 years now, some friends of mine and I (collectively known as Fuzzy Mumpkins for you people who care to know. AKA nobody) flamed for like of 4 months. Seriously it's not that hard. You guys complain about FRM members reading posts they don't like then never fail to mention them reading posts they don't like after reading THEIR POST THAT YOU DIDN'T LIKE. This is a fault of both sides really, though. Seriously just don't read the posts if you don't like them. Lol. Then you people argue about how they're too strict. ***? Why does that matter? Do you still go on their site? What are you doing then? If not.... then why do you care? It's not like they have any authority so why become so... bothered? Why not just ignore them? I don't understand why people think that backing out of an internet argument or whatever is being a chicken. Unless your life is on the internet then it really does not matter. Seriously, just ignore them. You're preaching it, but not actually doing it yourself.

Oh, and you people from FRM. What are you doing here if all you do is either advertise MoM (or other FRM events) or just complain about this website talking about how it's dying, turning into troll world, and all that stuff? I've heard the "nostalgia" argument but I'm seriously not buying it at all. Cool, come on the site but wouldn't nostalgia be looking at some of the previous threads rather than recent? For example if I want some Spongebob nostalgia, I'd watch the '99 episodes not the recent ones. Again same goes for what I said above. You preach about using the ignore feature (especially on FRM being staff and all) yet fail to do so on here. What gives?

Oh and another thing that's stupid:

"LOL I WIN" posts. What's funny is that these people (and yes, I'm making it very painfully obvious who I'm talking about) complain about the amount of "FR is shutting down" posts but still never fail to let us know that FR is shutting down and how they were right. Good for you. Please tell me what you're doing in the GENERAL DISCUSSION board on a FREE REALMS FORUM when you DON'T LIKE FREE REALMS. I hope caps got the message through. I'm not gonna be that guy that says "get off the board if you don't like the game" because that's stupid as there are off-topic discussion boards and basically stuff that does not pertain to the game. But you dislike the game so much yet 3/4 of your posts are in the general discussion with paragraph after paragraph after (thought out) ideas, criticisms etc. about the game. I was watching a video and it had a scene from Star Trek. It was where Whoopi Golberg serving one of the members some drink and he said he hated it. Then he just kept ordering it despite hating it even more and more. Yeah, this is pretty much you.

Don't like Free Realms? That's cool. But why spoil and ruin it for the people who actually do? You're that guy at a 5 year old's cowboy birthday party that shows up in a suit saying how "cowboys are dumb" and ruining the party and awesomeness of cowboys. And yes. I realize I've done this before. But that was way back when and for the sake of laughs, it was nothing that was meant to be taken seriously (however this is).

What I want to know though is.... if you knew this game was gonna die very quickly....

...why invest all your time in doing so? What's the point? I don't know either.

Okay I'm running out of things to say but angry replies are probably going to revamp my memory so please reply angrily as your anger is the fuel to my fire. Thanks babe o_o xD lol

EDIT: Oh, and I'm sure there are hypocritical points so please do point them out.
    Last edited by The Flaming Trident; 03-15-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Rainbows is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Me Ranting Because I Feel Like It

That's a lot of words.
    IGN: Rainbows
    The Walking Dead, Zombies, Art, Slipknot, Metallica, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Sour, System of a Down, Five Finger Death Punch, Skyrim, Assassins Creed, and Reddit...Yeah

Zalesana is offline Master Gamer

I just posted something pretty similar to this over on the "It's not a joke" thread. Definitely agree with you.

#TFT4FRI.
    zachpuppy likes this.

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

I think this post is great, I just want to address one point quickly:

The FRI vs FRM attitude really does need to stop. We could (and have been) much better allies then enemies. I have been gaming friends with many of the FRM leadership for a long time now, and while we may have our differences in opinion about how to run a guild/site -- it doesn't mean we don't get along. I still play with Ragu when I have the opportunity to log in!

There is this ongoing complaint that FRM was 'spoiled' or something but the SOE team. That's great and all, but they could easily say the same thing about us. We had the great opportunity to work with SOE on the card tournaments a number of months ago. It was fantastic! I'm glad FRM had a similar opportunity.

The leadership on both sites moved on from our differences AGES ago. I think it's time the membership does as well. It's great you all are passionate, but it is really detrimental to both sites and what we are trying to do. It made it difficult for both of us to exist from day 1, IMO.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

Zac321 is offline Master Gamer

I agree with most of your points somewhat and you make a lot of sense. I just don't know where this ''FRI VS FRM'' idea came from? I know that founders of the FRM website all came and met each other on this site and if you ask them they would probably say that they had some of there most memorable and best times here.
    As for the ''FRM advertising posts'', maybe they are just trying to provide a forum to the users that still use this site, where people are not rude (Certain people on this site not everybody) and don't always have something bad to say about FR related posts, because let's be honest this site has gone downhill thanks to some trolls. After all the game is coming to an end and like you said users should be able to talk and enjoy the game without getting flamed or targeted by sarcastic and rude comments.

Like I said in the ''IT'S NOT A JOKE'' thread, of course people are allowed and entitled to there own opinions and I think it should be like that on every forum but if you are going to be rude and disrespectful to others don't expect people not to say anything and just sit by idle...
    Last edited by Zac321; 03-15-2014 at 10:00 AM.

The Flaming Trident is offline Master Gamer

There's some pretty obvious bad blood between members of FRI and members of FRM. That being shown in the recent thread that as of writing got taken down or something and also last years news incident and the MoM thread. But it's pretty stupid and as I said multiple times, it gets nobody anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Zac321 View Post
    As for the ''FRM advertising posts'', maybe they are just trying to provide a forum to the users that still use this site, where people are not rude (Certain people on this site not everybody) and don't always have something bad to say about FR related posts, because let's be honest this site has gone downhill thanks to some trolls. After all the game is coming to an end and like you said users should be able to talk and enjoy the game without getting flamed or targeted by sarcastic and rude comments.
    Just gonna clear up what I meant by that. I have no problem with people from other websites coming in and advertising as long as they also provide content on the site they are advertising on. This "I don't like this site or some of its members but I will still come on once or a few times a year just to promote and advertise my site" thing seems low for lack of a better term. But I really have no say in this but this is just my personal preference and nothing but an opinion.
    Last edited by The Flaming Trident; 03-15-2014 at 10:46 AM.

khiya1984 is offline Explorer

I was just reading your posts (well skimming it) I was Wondering should I trust Sony again... or go find another game if so do you guys have any suggesions of good games to play.

go outside
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by khiya1984; 03-18-2014 at 11:58 AM.