Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Daddio is offline Pro Gamer

Default Loot drops, unfair?

Good morning folks,
    First I must say I'm not much for grouping when I can solo the quests.
    I think they need harder quests so people actually group up for more damage.
    So, I went into a mission with another player and he snatched up all dropped bags and and didnt care about being even or fair.
    The way I play we should split drops evenly, one for me, one for him, and so on.
    Is this pretty common? Was he justa loot hoe?
    I think FR needs to put in a need/greed or allow all users to roll/grab an item of loot when it drops.
    I think the current system may cause hard feeling among players in the future.

Superfreak41502 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Loot drops, unfair?

i feel your pain!! ive grouped a few times and well as of now ive only found 1 player that is fair. ive only grouped a handful of times. for the most part ive grouped with this player. But other groups i have entered were unfair and a little rude. They were trying to tell me how to battle.. and it shouldnt be that way. i agree that it should be fair but Sony should make it so if you defeat an enemy in a battle only YOU can pick up the rewards. Hopefully through the new "fight club" thread we can manage battles and keep them fair

Be yourself.. Imitation is Suicide!

Yarcofin is offline Amateur Gamer

If you check your inventory or the tab at the end of the instance that shows what you picked up, you will notice that the group actually shares anything that gets picked up, so your complaint is unfounded. If you pick up no coins and the other group member picks up 60, you both get 60 coins. If he picks up a shard or ninja tabi boots, you get it too, or vice versa.

This is actually one of the things I was quite impressed with about FR, that you do share everything that you get as a group. I was joking with some other players about how angry a lot of the younger kids who play would get, if someone was hogging all the loot.

You can even see it in the battle... haven't you noticed that it will sometimes say "You gained 12 coins" or something even when you haven't picked anything up?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak41502 View Post
    They were trying to tell me how to battle.. and it shouldnt be that way.
    In a good group, you don't need to tell people what to do. But the one thing I hate is when you have someone in a group who doesn't fight as a group... they run off ahead and get themselves killed and waste a knockout, sometimes fail the mission just because they are impatient or don't know what they're doing
    Last edited by Yarcofin; 06-12-2009 at 12:55 PM.

Superfreak41502 is offline Master Gamer

thats strange.. because i remember during a battle another player picked up a loot bag and at the end all i had was stars & coins.. but as for telling people how to battle i understand that SOME people will rush ahead and get them selves killed but i think thats what part of the grouping problem is. if the group talked & came up with a stategy ok. But the way i was treated was just annoying. and to top it off i was the only one who didnt get killed. lol as i said before the fight group thread will come in handy because we will be able to decided who we want to group with, where we want to battle and have a pre-determined strategy which sounds great to me.

Be yourself.. Imitation is Suicide!

tzeitel is offline Explorer

Thanks Yarcofin for that info! I never realized they did that - very cool of FR to think ahead of what could have been a major complaint a lot of players would raise.

So far I have only played in a group once and it was not really necessary (I joined the group before I even knew what they were and it was for a low level battle). I did try to get someone to go in with me on a hard battle but no one would.

Question - if I join a group do they have the option to go with me every time I battle or can I block them from joining some of the easier battles?

Yarcofin is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by tzeitel View Post
    B]Question -[/B] if I join a group do they have the option to go with me every time I battle or can I block them from joining some of the easier battles?
    You can't block other people from joining battles without leaving the group, but your group members have the choice to reject, and they will not enter the battle. You could tell your group to reject the invites ahead of time.

Dextra is offline Explorer

Yes as Yarcoffin pointed out the loot is split randomly by the game itself.
    It doesnt matter if you run over the bags or someone else does.
    Though I duo a lot and have noticed that the game does sometimes unfairly split loot.
    Sometimes I could come out with everything and the other person nothing.
    Its great that its random.. but even the random isnt random enough at times.

I'm not sure how chests work though.. if they changed them or not.
    I know it is/was whoever opens them gets the contents.

Cyn Raindrop is offline Pro Gamer

Sometimes the lootbags are empty...and yes..the chests have been fixed so that the group shares the contents.

I have picked up lootbags myself...and received nothing so when someone else picks it up and you did not get anything the bag was likely empty.