Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Nymo is offline Master Gamer

Default Last Minute Event: Pink Run Marathon

Repost from the official forums. . .

If you read the blogs here on FRI a bit before, you may have noticed an event concept I had in my head for a long time: Pink Run.

I've mentioned this before, but long story short: My mother is a breast cancer survivor, and she decided to actually run a half-marathon here in the city. She's been prepping for it for the past several weeks, and about 2 weeks ago, she went across the finish line and I was there to cheer her on. Since her training, it has gotten me to think up for this event.

Being that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, I felt like doing something in FR for it. then, The Insiders here had their own event and I held it off for a bit.

The month's near ending, and I think this would be a great way to end Breast Cancer Awareness month.

For this event, I wanted to do really have the feel of a marathon, so I tried to make the route as long as possible. I even wanted the route to have a sort of storytelling to it to make it more than just a marathon and actually make you think about what you're running for, yet keep it subtle. You can read more on that on my original blog post here on FRI.

This being a "Pink Run", I'd want everyone participating to wear pink. It could just be a pink shirt, or all out pink: Doesn't matter.

There's also no prizes to be awarded, and nobody will be tracked on what their finishing place is. This will overall just be a casual running event to enjoy the beauty and wonder of Free Realms while still raising awareness for Breast Cancer before the month ends.

right now, I'm projecting the event to be tomorrow (Wednesday) the 28th, but the time may depend on if there's an actually Community event that day, and when it is. The last Wednesday community event started at 4 PM PDT, so I'm thinking of having it at either 2 or 3, and if there is a community event tomorrow and it's short, maybe immediately after it (though it's hard to gauge when official community events or any event will end).

EDIT: The event is going to run TODAY, Sunday, November the 1st!

so, The rundown:

Closing Off Breast Cancer Awareness Month - Pink Run Marathon
    Server: 1
    Start: The Snowhill Arch
    Finishline: The Seaside Arch
    Post-Run Festivities: Seaside's southern beach
    Attire: PINK
    Start time: 2 PM PDT Or Later (TBD)

Important turns:
    -Left turn on Highroad Junction
    -Keep right and cross the bridges to Lakeshore
    -Left turn before Stillwater Crossing towards Blackspore's north entrance
    -Run towards Blackspore's west entrance (wonder how people will do on this part)
    -Continue through Crossroads and Merry Vale (run either way on merry vale's round-about)
    -Keep left to the bridge south of Wugachug and continue towards Seaside

Highly suggested that you take a look at the route yourself in-game so you don't get lost during the event.

Hope to see some of you there. Also post when you think the best time would be. If you simply cannot participate that day, I'd suggest just running the route just once, be it by yourself or with others. It's a nice long stroll around and across Free Realms.

I was thinking Friday, but turns out I'll be busy that day, so Wednesday it is.

Thanks for participating in Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and remember to contribute to the cause and have yourself/loved ones checked soon.
    Last edited by Nymo; 11-01-2009 at 02:05 PM.
    I am lost

Spoiler: show

Thanks Free Realms Lead Animator Floyd Bishop for the the animated signature!

Your new Free Realms content has been delayed...
    ...FOREVER!!!

Tom FlameBolt1 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Last Minute Event: Pink Run Marathon

I MIGHT BE THERE

TrulyRambunctious is offline Amateur Gamer

Icon7 Re: Last Minute Event: Pink Run Marathon

I hope to be there

TheBananaKing is offline Master Gamer

If I'm right, and 2 PDT= 4 CST, I'll be there for sure. I have the perfect outfit.

Nymo is offline Master Gamer

hey there all. Sorry for not editing the post the last time to reflect that I have changed the event to today. It should be at the same time, unless something comes up today.

Hope you all had a happy halloween, and let's close off Breast Cancer Awareness month with a little run!
    I am lost

Spoiler: show

Thanks Free Realms Lead Animator Floyd Bishop for the the animated signature!

Your new Free Realms content has been delayed...
    ...FOREVER!!!