Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

Default "Lack of player interaction"

IMHO
    Only NPCs get to walk [they could make that an attractive members only, you get to walk]
    The c###ing on the ch######## is weird ##### ### bad cell ###### connection
    Chat itself could use not just improvement but a redesign. It just doesn't work well for me and the chat window is always getting in the way and filled with stuff I don't need.

Kimmy Sweetblossom is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: "Lack of player interaction"

huh what did that say there was too much ### of those
    Im back! :3

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

Exactly. The dumb censor blocks half the English language and all numbers.

July is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by hhhenry View Post
    IMHO
    Only NPCs get to walk [they could make that an attractive members only, you get to walk]
    The c###ing on the ch######## is weird ##### ### bad cell ###### connection
    Chat itself could use not just improvement but a redesign. It just doesn't work well for me and the chat window is always getting in the way and filled with stuff I don't need.
    That's absolutely what I was thinking (about the chatting - the walking is also a great idea!)! Taking out the numbers was dumb - it's easy to figure out a way to say a number if you really want to, so they might as well just leave them in, and maybe have a way to trigger monitors to check in on a conversation if it starts including things like "my phone number is" or "I am only 14 years old." And they've got to figure out a better way to block other words they think might be objectionable - I've pretty much lost interest in trying to talk to anybody, because I really can't stand bad cell connections.

Maybe they could put the chat in a bar at the bottom of the screen? That way it wouldn't always be in the way.
    Last edited by July; 06-06-2009 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Khamilyon Silverstar - <Insiders>

oooooooooooh lol i hate itwhen the numbers are blocked

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

It has only been about 1 month and a few days since Freerealms was born from a Beta, in that span of time more then 2,000,000 people worldwide have joined up and needed a solution to a Freerealms problem from time to time and the editors and Dev team work to fix it and a patch is born for the game.

Now what if we were to have them stop in their tracks to do something like this: "Jim, Freerealms <Insert problem affecting more then 1,000,000+ people>, nobody can get on unless it is fixed" "Bob, I'm working on a new chat system that's better for everyone... Go away"

With problems like that including little ones it may become hard to work on more side projects like fixing the chat system. This and including most of the players in this game are children... Most children might give away a phone number, their address, their age, their password without knowing it was bad to do so. Another reason is because people started to use numbers to break down the barrier and such as words like... Well since this is a family friendly forum just think of 1337 or leet speak and BAD words used together.

As you can see there is a lot of pressure for the Freerealms/Sony team to make a better chat system but also make it "Family Friendly" And with the little time able to make better chat features, better be safe then sorry?
    Last edited by EatMonkies; 06-06-2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Missing punctuations

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

I wish they would go one day down to fix every little or big bug in the game so they dont have anyone complaining or stuff

July is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by EatMonkies View Post
    It has only been about 1 month and a few days since Freerealms was born from a Beta, in that span of time more then 2,000,000 people worldwide have joined up and needed a solution to a Freerealms problem from time to time and the editors and Dev team work to fix it and a patch is born for the game.

Now what if we were to have them stop in their tracks to do something like this: "Jim, Freerealms <Insert problem affecting more then 1,000,000+ people>, nobody can get on unless it is fixed" "Bob, I'm working on a new chat system that's better for everyone... Go away"

With problems like that including little ones it may become hard to work on more side projects like fixing the chat system. This and including most of the players in this game are children... Most children might give away a phone number, their address, their age, their password without knowing it was bad to do so. Another reason is because people started to use numbers to break down the barrier and such as words like... Well since this is a family friendly forum just think of 1337 or leet speak and BAD words used together.

As you can see there is a lot of pressure for the Freerealms/Sony team to make a better chat system but also make it "Family Friendly" And with the little time able to make better chat features, better be safe then sorry?
    I can understand their reasoning, and I really think they have done a fantastic job at almost everything. I'm also impressed with how quickly they seem to fix things and release updates and stuff, and with how great a game it is for something that's so new, and that it's so relatively stable with all those players. My point, and I think hhhenry's too, is that it's a bit ironic that they're disappointed with the "lack of player interaction" but the biggest obstacle to smooth player interaction is their own chat feature.

Khamilyon Silverstar - <Insiders>

Kade Wolfspotter is offline Amateur Gamer

I can see both sides, doing what I do and I must admit that it is a difficult line to walk and I'm glad I'm not in Sony's shoes on the decision to censor numbers (It bothers me too, I have to be honest)... People will find ways around it and EXO is right, when a kid sees the numbers starred out, it might make them think twice about what number they might've put out there and if it is game-related, they'll figure out a way around it.

Some of the other word combinations are totally off the wall and are hard to figure out why... "postman collection" is always partially censored, I have no idea why...

That said, Sony has admitted disappointment in player interaction and sociability in-game this week at E3. I'm sure that they understand the limitations of the chat system, as players themselves and will have something for us soon!

I have to use spanish words then no one know what i say

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast