Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Title: Inappropriate Ad

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Default Inappropriate Ad

I just saw an ad in the right column showing I'm not sure if it is an appropriate ad in this kid-friendly site. (:

I better ask my Mom what that word means.
    ROFL.

*EDITED - If this is inappropriate as an ad, please don't post the details on the form. Report it to the staff.
    Last edited by Ashley Preciousfable; 01-16-2013 at 05:12 PM. Reason: m
    rocketeer and Zyonmkxq like this.
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

Pinktree2010 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Inappropriate Ad

Yes, there are are mature advertisements. Although, business' pay to have their ads shown. Since this is a free site some ads are shown even though it is a kid friendly site. I myself have seen some inappropriate ads on the columns but nothing to extreme measures can stop this.
    The internet has to show Ads in certain sites because they are paid to be there. Sites generally do not want to turn down money because online advertisements pay a good bit and can be beneficial to the site. (Some online ads can cost up to 100,000's to millions of dollars)
    Although you can choose to set your computer to "Safe Mode" meaning that you will not get ads but you cannot play on a lot of MMO games due to security.
    Brett Firemumbles likes this.
    Treeble-tastic!

-Limited IG time due to work-

PirateJack is offline Master Gamer

I have ad block. So I don't see any adds. (Yes Ad Block is free)
    pikach55 and Queen Raven like this.
    Done.

Zimster is offline Master Gamer

Best thing to do is report it to Ashley, or better yet, Kade, but your lucky to get a reply from Ashley about this. Just tell them the exact same info. you told us in this thread (:!
    Queen Raven and ashfr like this.
    "Don't cry because it's over: smile because it happened."

ashfr is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by PirateJack View Post
    I have ad block. So I don't see any adds. (Yes Ad Block is free)
    AdBlock can financially run a site out of business and mostly against sites TOS and some cases using AdBlock is ILLEGAL for some sites, so you may have to create an exception for some sites, and using them on sites will run the site out of business as I already said and you can even possibly get you sued(or attempt to like proboards for example)
    If you continue using it make sure you get a lawyer.

Report Inappropriate ads to v.bulletin or the staff here.

Just warning you.

They're are also hundreds or maybe even millions of sites who automatically block you if your computer is using AdBlock.

You are getting content for no pay at all, just little ads on you're screen I think with free internet it's worth at least giving them some money for free even.(You don't pay it's just they get money, by using AdBlock you are stealing from them.)
    Last edited by ashfr; 01-10-2013 at 03:38 AM.
    Brett Firemumbles likes this.

PirateJack is offline Master Gamer

Yeah but nothing has happened and I have been using it for 2 years.
    pikach55 likes this.
    Done.

Pinktree2010 is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by ashfr View Post
    You are getting content for no pay at all, just little ads on you're screen I think with free internet it's worth at least giving them some money for free even.(You don't pay it's just they get money, by using AdBlock you are stealing from them.)
    Even if ads are little, inappropriate ads should have something done about them.
    I.E I've seen an "Un-dress" ad and was very displeased at this and a bit appalled because it was an ad that was not right for a site that little kids (6+) went on.
    Treeble-tastic!

-Limited IG time due to work-

Cori goldensea is offline Pro Gamer

I wish the internet had kid friendlier adds because i mean 5+ are on the internet!

Queen Raven is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zimster View Post
    Best thing to do is report it to Ashley, or better yet, Kade, but your lucky to get a reply from Ashley about this. Just tell them the exact same info. you told us in this thread (:!
    The only way to reach Ashley is to make a post calling her, because her inbox was full last time i checked.

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Pinktree2010 View Post
    ...I.E I've seen an "Un-dress" ad and was very displeased at this and a bit appalled because it was an ad that was not right for a site that little kids (6+) went on.
    Are you sure that the ad is not about a poultry business, like Tyson Foods or Perdue Farms, or about a chicken cooking recipe? I'm wondering if the ad says "undressing a chicken." ROFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Raven View Post
    The only way to reach Ashley is to make a post calling her, because her inbox was full last time i checked.
    It sounds like invoking her presence in a magickal ritual, lol. Will telepathy work? ROFL.
    ashfr likes this.
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast