Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default if freerealms went 3-D

what would freerealms look like and feel if it went 3-D.

sony is goinging into the 3-D stage so what if it took freerealms with it?

what do you think if free realms went 3-D?

Surflight is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: if freerealms went 3-D

I think that would be awesome btu FR already makes my laptop burning hot, that will probably make it explode...

isnt free realms already 3-d?
    peek-A-boo , jasmine c u merry christmas

Rosierulez is offline Master Gamer

LOL, even awesomer would be if it were 5-D! I've been in 5-D, and it's SO awesome!!!!! It's like you're actually there!

~ ‚ÄčKISS KISS FALL IN LOVE ~

RzlClearWatr is offline Master Gamer

Free Realms is already 3-D...

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

I would NOT like Arachnia's Lair or Gresham's camp in 3D
    YEWW [shiver]

The Painbringer is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Rosierulez View Post
    LOL, even awesomer would be if it were 5-D! I've been in 5-D, and it's SO awesome!!!!! It's like you're actually there!
    I believe you mean 4D. 5-D is a theory. I really don't like this 3D craze, though. We are good where we are. Who wants to wear those clunky glasses anyway
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes
    That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes

taylorskydawn is offline Master Gamer

I Agree With Clear....
    Freerealms is already in 3-D!

What About If FR goes HD!
    THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES

Nate is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by taylorskydawn View Post
    What About If FR goes HD!
    You can make it HD by connecting your PC to your HD TV....

Also by 3-D I think he means, the pop out one! It is being taken into consideration I believe.
    Last edited by Nate; 09-04-2010 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Kelvin64 is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Nymo
    Like it or not, the entertainment industry is going in this direction: 3D
    For me, I love 3D (as you will soon find out), and I look forward to the next advances and uses of it. And if you haven't noticed, there's a big push for 3D in many different departments of the Sony corporation. In the Sony Pictures movies and TV shows, to consumer electronics like TVs and cameras, and gaming with Sony Computer Entertainment's PS3.
    however, I'm a bit surprised to see that there hasn't been mention of 3D use in the Sony Online Entertainment side.
    And to me, it would be really interesting to see Free Realms in 3D. The realm is beautiful as-is, and that can be seen through various panoramic images posted here, but imagine seeing it in 3D...

Here are some demonstrations of Free Realms in 3D using various types of glasses.
    Due to the nature of Free Realms, it's hard to get 2 simultaneous side-by-side photos of something because, well, if you didn't notice, the realms are rather active, and there's something always moving.
    For the sake of this demo, I used a controlled environment to conduct this study: My house.
    To view these demos, you will need either of the 3 different kinds of anaglyph 3D glasses out on the market now (there are other different color schemes, but these 3 are the most popular now):
    Red/Cyan, the popular choice used in many places, Trioscopics' Green/Magenta glasses used in several DVD releases of 3D films like Coraline (pictured), Monsters VS Aliens, Journey To The Center Of The Earth, and other films, and/or ColorCode's Amber/Blue glasses last famously used in last year's Super Bowl commercials for Monsters VS Aliens/Sobe Life Water commercials and an episode of Chuck on NBC.

Left to right: Red/Cyan, Green/Magenta, Amber/Blue and (Click for bigger image)
    If you have all of them: GREAT. Best to see the differences between these types of glasses.
    (and don't bother with those RealD glasses you may have from the theaters: those use a different technology, polarized 3D, which only works on certain screens. Active-shutter glasses, the pricey ones that are used with new 3D TVs out on the market now and Nvidia 3D Vision setups won't work either. Both completely different techs)

Lets begin with a plain image of the left-eye view of my somewhat-ordinary house

(Click for bigger image)
    Our first test will use the standard Red/Cyan glasses often used in the industry

(Click for bigger image and full effect)
    Looks much more impressive, right?

Lets move onto the Green/Magenta glasses found in many 3D DVD releases
    Similar 3D effect as the Red/Cyan, however the color appears much more messed up (my personal problem with these kinds of glasses)

Finally, the Amber/Blue glasses from last year's superbowl on NBC
    Notice how it doesn't look as much as a blurry mess as the other two without glasses, and even with the glasses the color of the image looks good compared to the others. However, to me, the 3D effect looks a bit more flat than the other two. That's the trade off to me on this one: Better color, but less 3D 'pop', while the others are just the opposite.

so, What do you think?
    If you would like to see the OPTION of 3D put into Free Realms, be sure to comment and vote on my thread in the suggestion forums. Even if you are not for 3D, I still say there should at least be an option for it, just like how surround sound is an option to further immerse yourself into whatever entertainment medium you're it using for, but it's not essential for enjoying that piece of entertainment.
    As for positives on having a 3D option in-game, imagine how helpful it would be when building in houses, letting you see depth in the placement of your housing items. Or imagine letting people make their own 3D videos! It will be just as fun to watch as it was making them. And overall it could further immerse yourself in the beautiful realm the game has.

Hope you enjoyed this experiment, and hope to make a few more tests soon.
    Not to mention hope that such an option comes into the game soon (heck, disney's pirates of the caribbean online, another 'free' mmo, has had a 3d option available since early this year!)...
    As you may have imagined, I put a lot of effort into this post, so I'd appreciate any feedback, positive or negative!

yes, i'm that big of a 3D fanatic nut...
    Nymo originally posted this on the official Free Realms forums, HERE.
    The only reason I posted it in a quote is so people you can't view the forums can see it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast