Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Title: I find this humorous.

Seargent Demolisher is offline Master Gamer

Default I find this humorous.

This is just a rant thread here, and I have no care if this thread gets locked/deleted for any reason, but I find it humorous that some of you people intentionally type out Sony Online Entertainment's abbraviation as $OE.

Honestly, I find this humorous and annoying, even in the slightest, I shall say. Why? Because it calls Sony out as money hoarders and misers. People, I do not mean to offend, but there's a practice called Profit, ladies and gentlemen. Many game companies these days that run MMOs (Such as Hi-Rez Studios with Tribes Ascend and SMITE) use this system called Run and Profit, which means that the companies with those MMOs earn money based on how many people play on their games servers, and how long. Here's a formula for the system here:

P = Players, S = Server/Player Distribution, and T = Time played. (Usually based on hours.)

Profits = S divided by T x P. ($=S/TxP)

So, with FR, here should be out formula.

$=10/10,000(S)/1-5 Hours(T) times 10,000,000 Players. (Incorrect, but this is an example.)

With this formula, Sony alone can make $15,617 per month with that many players on that timeframe scale. So Sony isn't looking for any money at all. Sure they update the Station Cash Marketplace, but come on, it doesn't really matter, as it's optional anyway.

Seelyon is offline Explorer

Default Re: I find this humorous.

I don't really understand it either, I mean every game is doing this.

ashfr is offline Master Gamer

10 year old(since the game is 10 and up) : Oh gee the mysterious merchant they've been hyping up for all eternity, it should have at least one SC item!

Ok they need the money but you know, just about every thing is SC, they haven't added a coin shop item since early 2012 and before that early-mid 2011 and I don't even want to get on before that.

I am pleased with the banking, and I am pleased with what they're doing now, but I will not say that the OLDER owner didn't make EVERYTHING Station Cash, he took it to the extreme.

Are they $OE now, no.

As a matter of fact, since I don't play the other games this is all geared towards, not SOE, not free realms, but the older manager before the new one.

But to the people who are complaining now, just leave free realms really.

The new guy has been giving us everything, and some things had to be SC since they need the money.

But the older guy took a bit to far in my honest opinion.

Overall I have no complains now, but back then Free Realms took SC to the extreme, the people complaining now I have to give a thumbs down to they don't know how much Free Realms improved, and they have to appreciate the newer boss as the older one was the one that sparked all this in the first place, it would have been better if he was at least working on SSV.

But overall I'm pleased with the new director.

Seargent Demolisher is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by ashfr View Post
    10 year old(since the game is 10 and up) : Oh gee the mysterious merchant they've been hyping up for all eternity, it should have at least one SC item!

Ok they need the money but you know, just about every thing is SC, they haven't added a coin shop item since early 2012 and before that early-mid 2011 and I don't even want to get on before that.

I am pleased with the banking, and I am pleased with what they're doing now, but I will not say that the OLDER owner didn't make EVERYTHING Station Cash, he took it to the extreme.

Are they $OE now, no.

As a matter of fact, since I don't play the other games this is all geared towards, not SOE, not free realms, but the older manager before the new one.

But to the people who are complaining now, just leave free realms really.

The new guy has been giving us everything, and some things had to be SC since they need the money.

But the older guy took a bit to far in my honest opinion.

Overall I have no complains now, but back then Free Realms took SC to the extreme, the people complaining now I have to give a thumbs down to they don't know how much Free Realms improved, and they have to appreciate the newer boss as the older one was the one that sparked all this in the first place, it would have been better if he was at least working on SSV.

But overall I'm pleased with the new director.
    Good observations. You should also give Planetside 2 a try as well. Everything is buyable with in-game fundings you recieve for conquering locations, or you can alternatively skip level requirements and just buyout with SC. I kinda wish FR did the same with this, but oh well. What am I to do anyway?

Element is offline Pro Gamer

I agree. At first, I thought this term was used due to filter avoidance, but when I realized it wasn't, I was a bit confused. Buying SC is optional. Yes, buying it or membership will make playing the game more fun, but you don't have to buy either, and technically, the game is free for everyone to play.

Zyonmkxq is offline Banned

The problem is the game is advertised as being Free to play, the game is even called FREE Realms while 90% of the game is NOT free. Nearly every free to play mmo I have ever played follows a similar model which is, the majority if not all of the game is free, you can experience all the content in the game without paying a dime although this usually takes longer then players who pay, and cash shop items are not necessary for leveling up or enjoying content but it does help. In this game you NEED to pay to experience all the content, you need membership in order to level up all the jobs and do all quests and if you want to pet treasure collections thn you are going to NEED to buy atleast a handful of cash shop pets. In other words you CAN NOT get 100% completion of "FREE" Realms without paying while nearly every other free to play mmo you can.

Ontop of that nearly every single update is geared toward paying members. Nearly every item they add into the game is a cash shop item and nearly update they add doesnt really add to the content of the game, it just gives players new bling items to purchase and show off. Where are the new areas that were promised since the launch of the game in 2009? Oh they FINALLY released SSV, big deal, I finished all the new content within 2 days. It took them 3 years to release that!? Where are new jobs? Where are new quests and collections? The only collections that came with SSV are the location collections... You are telling me that in the huge area that SSV is they could not have made new unique collections? For example robgoblin junkyard collections? Yeah we got a decent amount of quests with SSV but still, 3 years to release 2 days of new content... Really? Meanwhile they can release all kinds of VR items and Mystery Chest items to milk money from players. Oh not to mention the new "limited time only" items that are ridiculously over priced like parachutes but they con players into buying them anyway because they believe that if they dont do it now they will never have the chance to do it again.

As you stated in your example, they should be making enough money even without the cash shop to be able to sustain their business. Then why must every update be "Look at the 15 new items we added to the cash shop!" We rightfully call Sony by its real name $OE because they are GREEDY! They are making a fortune on us and are doing very little with their money and resources to actually expand the game. While I will admit that yes lately it has been looking like $OE is starting to take a step in the right direction, this still does not vindicate them of their greedy past. If they continue to regularly release new content perhaps I and many others may be willing to change our opinions about them but for now we are still refering to them as $OE.

http://forums.station.sony.com/freer...topic_id=36975

See all my comments up to the last post.

I have alot of positive feedback but want I want you to really focus on is the negative I won't show any mercy on the negative just because you have great positive feedback from me I'm sorry but you asked for both I am giving you both I am pleased but that isn't going to make me lighten up sorry.

Zyonmkxq is offline Banned

Oops, this page is missing!

We're sorry, we couldn't find the page. Please check the URL for errors, or visit SOE.com and try another page.

If you followed this link from SOE.com or a Sony Online Entertainment website, we should fix this! Please email us with a description of how you ended up here.

The Best

The gloam invasion blown me away, I really wanted Sunstone but I over obsess about gloam and the gleam and the gloam council and the... gleam council, the mention of "gloam" made me so happy(although I didn't really have high hopes.) and it came.

God that was a great day

I honestly didn't expect Sunstone Valley to release, and it did, while I didn't really want it as much as Gloam Invasion(crowd boo's) I still wanted but not as much as Gloam Invasion and the fact that I literally took away the though of Sunstone Valley releasing and trying to appericate this game for what it had.
    I was with a friend from Insiders Gabby Clark we both really wanted Chapter 2 or at least a mention of Gloam, I already had given up hope(what I'm talking about this like's it's an ailien invasion... or gloam invasion...(crowd boo's at unfunny joke.), while Chapter 2 may not be out, the new developer actually knew some stuff about Gloam and gleam, I honestly thought he didn't care, since a rare few people do.
    But god(or whatever you happen to believe in, even if it's no one.) storage was the last I expected, and it came which I was glad about.
    This guy is as awesome as Floyd Bishop, the amazement I loved it.
    And TWO TCG packs in one year amazing.

The Bad

Well I have to say, I'm kinda disappointed with no chapter two again, and while I love the shield, the Shuffle S******s got annoying over time,and I brought ALOT of packs before I got the Shuffle S******, I really wanted them to create more collections, I was heavily disappointed that the Merchant didn't sell not ONE coin shop item, also while I apperciate that it's here, Sunstone Valley was a bit smaller than I expected, and boy did the Gloam Invasion lag, with so much people and the load of data already in it, I always lagged in Gloam Invasion even in a quiet server, while not as much still lagged. I could rarely do anything and get any gear with how much data the Gloam Invasion had and this thing I was waiting for since 2010, I could barely even play it.

All in all, 2012 was great.

TCG. The removal of the Duelists Case as a "badge of honer" was a mistake. Please reinstate it. The fact that certain cards are only awarded to tournament winners as opposed to top eight or sixteen makes it next to impossible for newer players to win them, and gives an unfair advantage to long term players. There was no good reason to modify existing cards such as Extend Claws in order to make them compatable with newer cards. It would have been more effective to design counters to these cards as opposed to destroying old decks that were built around them. I feel it was a mistake to introduce two series in the same year. It would have been better to space them out so that we could slowly evolve our decks as opposed to having to rework them entirely.
    This was 2012?

Kinda miss seeing the case, and the fact I finally won a tournament a few days after it left..
    * Forum. Seriously, this forum is so buggy it has become a pain to even bother with. Enough said...

I created a topic about this problem, it dissappeared I created another one and it vanished again.
    What a coincedence!
    * Member benefits. I enjoy member benefits, but the color coding of member/non-member character names was something I could have done without. All this does is promote class warfare among members and non-members. Would it be possible to simply go back to one color for every character? I feel this would give a better sense of community to the overall game.

I forgot all about this, was this really in 2012? But yes that was wrong...
    Like just to identify who's "top" and who's "bottom", this, if you look closer may be the worst Free Realms has had.
    * Mystery Chests. Most serious players are willing to work for rewards, but the mystery chests seem to indicate that life is just a lottery. It does not matter how much you are dedicated to the game, buit simply a matter of how much money you are willing to throw at it in order to get lucky. This is an awful example to set for the youth that seems to be the target audience for this game. No need to work; Just gamble.
    It really took me forever to get that, but now that I think about it, it does hold a strong resemblance to gambling, and god is that so true. I brought so many chest in a futile attempt to get that Shuffle S******, that now that I think about hold's to much of a strong resemblance to... gambling.

* TCG. The updates to TCG are appreciated, but more important than that is the fact that TCG is being supported again, and attention is being given to long running issues. The lowering of tournament duration which allows more daily tournaments is appreciated.
    I have to say I didn't expect them to release another TCG expansion, after all that asking I kinda just admitted that they wouldn't but they did I am pleased.
    * Forum, I am glad to see the staff of this game step up communications with its customer base. That communication begins at the forum which supports this game.
    This was one of the best things that came with 2012, if not the best, the community has been communicating and listening to the players, excellent just pefect, it may just be the best thing that came out this year not an object or artifact, no expansion, but communication.
    Best:
    - House materials addition and lot options update.
    I didn't know about this, but don't they also add to house, overall still good.
    Oh yeah the hide flora and pets amazing just simply amazing.
    - Really nice snow days quest rewards.
    I heard they gave out rides, to bad I miss every single last day and the extra day.
    - Ice skates
    Huh?
    - Communication is so much better.
    You mean with the filter, well that's one thing they always have been improving.

- Clocktopus Ride.

- Pogo Stick
    Guess I'm going to have to buy these to expand my ride collection.
    - New SSV Expansion! Particularly love the Manguanas. Really fun characters. The concept and look of the area itself is magnificent.
    Already gave my insight on SSV.
    - Crafting and especially the Lot items!!!!!! More statues please!
    ???
    - Parachutes
    This is one of the things I've always wanted, but never expected they have.
    - loved the gear we got during gloam invasion!
    With the lag in Gloam Invasion I didn't have much time to get much.
    - Love the clothing drops in SSV
    Eh I'll take any clothing -no comment-
    - Overworld Combat but not combat itself
    I have my fair share on the Gloam Invasion in my other post.
    - Trade fix for scamming
    Alright this is what I'm really going to address this is the best they can secure us, they're is no possible way they can go further complain about how you got scammed with mutiple threads and tickets, but they've done all they can do, just remember the scammers in game name.
    - Storage
    This had as much high demand as SSV back in the days I forgot all about it really! The director actually bringing out storage as his triumph card was amazing it was the last thing I expected and pleased everyone(except the fact it was really small but he expanded it which in itself is amazing and no offense old director but you didn't really bring as much as the newer one did.
    - Triple SC days!
    Eh well they always do that, not saying I don't like it when they do.
    - Shooshboom Jackets are REALLY nice!
    Huh?
    - Help and Customer service still the very best around!
    Well that's not anything new...

Worst:
    - Too many game bugs. The launch of the Gloam invasion was buggiest experience ever. Felt like it was rushed out with no testing.
    I already gave my insight on this.
    - Some Bugs are left in game too long, farming bug took way too long to fix. Snail lady has always been broken for me. Have no idea what she sells other than what other people have said.
    Oh god farming I forgot all about tose bugs, god I have to crictize this hard, those bugs were annoying and really took forever to get out of the game, some are still in. I'm sorry but not a fan of those bugs they've been there since it came out and stayed until december 2012, and some are actually still here I'm sorry but I will not show any mercy on farming at all. I was one of the rare few who farmed so it wasn't much popular demand so I guess I can understand it a little, but it was a huge problem and hit me hard.

- Daily item wheel spin common items are redundant after around level 3 except for the few ulta rares. Coin spin is ok except for the robgoblin item slot.
    Lol I forgot all about the daily spin.
    - Lot directory issue. Cannot page forward using the "More" button. If builder has more than one page of lots, the rest will not show. Some builders cannot be searched for: "Sky" is one.
    Any search with Free Realms is so outdated ish.
    - Cooking is dreadful to level and not fun.
    I do it for the stars and coins and recipies.
    - Gloam lot did not include enough gloam themed items in SC or coin shop. I think the greenhouse might be the only gloam themed item? Hoping gloam lot items will still happen someday soon.
    -no comment-
    - I love crafting but it hit the wall too soon. Craft Items should be added that we will continually need for the long term such as specialty building blocks. The addition of crafting to other Jobs would also expand it so we don't have just the blacksmith mini game repeated endlessly.

Now then expanding on Blacksmith was so random yet so great, I mean who would just expect Blacksmith it was a random choice I didn't see much popular demand but I guess it was because dwarfs build and well blacksmiths do to, the fact that they did SOMETHING with such a dull job amazed me, regardless of if it was major.
    - Replayability is lacking. Most of the game is played for collection, not because the minigame/battle is all that fun after the first dozen times. Most replayable mini games for me are: TCG, Pirates mini game, Racing, Karts, and Building.(even though it isn't a mini game.)
    I love dueling and rising up the leaderboard but I'm pretty sure I'm one of a kind.(except a few in the forum I can reconize.(And in game as well, really my friend who just obsessed with dueling.) I really love dueling and randomly collecting items, but yeah I'm pretty sure I'm one of a kind.
    - Fighting has gotten better but, for me, is still broken as long as it stays mostly a mash button 1 experience. The diversification of characters and dynamics that fighting should have just aren't there for me.
    Now this always got critizized, so much I know it's not going to stop being mash mash.
    - Quest rewards that only give coin need to give a lot more than 5, 10, 20 coins. Thats a lot of work for little return.
    I know what you mean, people but me usually don't seem to care about it so I don't bring it up but glad someone did.
    - The Dueling Questline in SSV did not take level 20 players into consideration at all.
    Once again, dueling has always been critize, but this was really hard on me, I mean it so easy and no thrill at all.
    - Pop up ads. They clutter my screen and take away from immersion. Gets in the way when building at times.
    You get ADS in game I don't think Free Realms has ads unless you mean the deals.
    - Game toolbar is big and takes too much screen. Would like an F10 experience with ability to chat as an option. Minimizing everything, including the map, would be great!
    Err.. no comment.
    - Love storage except for not getting item transfer between characters. Its important to be able to move items to other characters. Tradeable items only would be fine. Hope this is a feature to be added soon.
    Oh god yes, I have to hit hard on this I really expected shared banking. Even if it does take up space cluttering it into two characters, I have to agree.
    Sorry if it seems like there is more "Worst" stuff. That category just takes more words to explain.

Things I hope to see this coming year:
    New Job Skill
    I doubt it but hey anything can happen with the new director.
    Way More Crafting
    No comment.
    Level cap raised to 25 or 30
    I doubt it, this has been asked for since beta I don't even think the new director would do this and hey I want it badly but I guess I'm fine.
    4 or 5 new mini games with great replayability
    Hmm no comment?

Many new coin shop and SC decor items. Like Gloam objects for example.
    I don't doubt that at all.
    New Area(s)
    Don't keep you're hopes up.
    Tougher Exploration Coins for those of us with pogo sticks and gliders.
    Hmm why not.
    Drops from battles that include rare tradeable housing items not found in coin shop or SC. And/Or appear at random in the minigame battle areas that you can pick up and take as loot. A plant, a tree, a mushroom, a chair, etc. Something not too obvious that fits into the area and takes a sharp eye to spot.
    Why not?
    Job crossover with crafting that includes questlines and ingredients.
    No comment?
    Gate exit from one lot to the next lot by same Builder, linking as many lots as the player would wish. To promote further exploration if you like the lot that Builder made. Gate is open or locked if not used.
    No comment.
    More end game or player level 20 content.

Yes yes yes, this is all I can say and all I have been saying for years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast