Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Title: I feel like something changed in the players of Free Realms..

izzywolfriver is offline Explorer

Default I feel like something changed in the players of Free Realms..

I have played Free Realms for almost four years. When I first joined, it seemed like everyone was so nice. Player "rarity" wasn't much of a thing. Last summer, I came back after a long eight month break. It seemed as though so much had changed. You were cool if you were covered head to toe in TCG gear, you had some strange name, were all max levels, ect ect. People seem to only care for you if you are on some pedestal of virtual fame and wealth. I know not everyone is like this, but these days it seems that's what the majority is. Maybe I'm just naive and judgmental, and was too young to notice this before I took a break.

It seems so hard to find a genuinely nice player who will be friends with anyone, no matter what you wear or how long you have been playing.

What has changed in the players of Free Realms? When did your position in the game affect how you treated others?

*please don't be rude, these are just my opinions. I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same way.*
    ForLovers likes this.

Zalesana is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: I feel like something changed in the players of Free Realms..

Yeah a lot of people have changed. Many people became obsessed with rares. I'm personally not like that, but I've definitely seen that going on. There are some people still out there who care more about the people behind the screen than what their pixels look like, but you have to look around a bit these days.

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Meh, yeah I kinda see where the whole "I don't like elitist snobs" argument comes from but at the same time a lot of people play a game for their progressive nature and want to feel a sense of achievement and to accomplish goals, etc. At some point you want to feel like you've beaten the game or at the very least are good at it and that is why people use stats like maxed levels, achievement points, etc. as sort of like a measurement for progress or completion. Others use tcg items or "rares" as a different kind of measurement, one of status and financial achievement as some items such as colored maxed gear or berets are hard to obtain. I don't think its so much that everyone is suddenly an elitist but more so that people are starting to take the game a little more seriously now and want to be competitive. Sure there are those out there that do display the much complained about arrogant and greedy traits that has been getting an infamous rep lately but I think they are a small minority and most people are just trying to strive to be the best that they can be and want to have some kind of tangible or observable medal of sorts to be recognized for all the hard work, effort and time invested into the game. I myself have spent literally hundreds of hours "money making" in this game to obtain rare and valuable items and because I have worked so hard to obtain them of course I want to wear them in display to show my achievements. That being said I don't go parading around trying to exert my dominion over others either. I really don't care what others wear or what their stats are, I only know that I have worked very hard for mine and I feel proud for doing so.

GriffinSilentgulf is offline Master Gamer

The people who play the most have gotten older, and they're getting annoyed that the game isn't as well. Sure, there are a few younger players, but nowhere near as many as people say.
    DespicableDani and Egg Zachly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GriffinSilentgulf View Post
    The people who play the most have gotten older, and they're getting annoyed that the game isn't as well. Sure, there are a few younger players, but nowhere near as many as people say.
    I completely agree with this, common sense: If you were 13 in 2009 you would be 17 now. I really get tired of the whole "we gota be sensitive for the kiddies" thing when I would venture a guess that older players out number the younger players now. I think if the majority of the players are teens + then we should be able to start taking off the kiddie gloves and allow for the game to mature a little as well. I don't think anyone is advocating turning this game into something like Ryse Son of Rome, amazing game btw, but it features brutal violence and even nudity. But I mean c'mon we can do something about this chat censor already especially when 90% of the feedback is in favor or removing it or at the very least giving it a complete overhaul. But yeah like you've said, there's a bit of a clash of age demographics here. Older players want to see change meanwhile SOE is catering to the youngsters and ticking off the older players. The Op just so happens to arrive in the middle of all this and while witnessing a falling out from the community cant help but wonder, what happened? The answer is time. A lot of us got older and the game didn't. GriffinSilentgulf's words exactly.

izzywolfriver is offline Explorer

I can see how this could come across the wrong way, I did not mean to show distaste towards players who have advanced far in the game, but rather those who feel their higher achievements make others 'unworthy'. Or something like that.

The Flaming Trident is offline Master Gamer

I remember soft-core trolling a group of elitists with a former poster from this site. We dressed in these short shorts and told these two elitist snobs that they scammed us and they went on some rampage about "how we're just noobs and not worth their time" and "we're not scamming material" or something like that.

Their elitist attitude was sort of annoying but after a while it just got hilarious. I checked out her FB page and it's literally just a bunch of bit-strip comics about "___ wishes he could have ____'s rares" and "____ chases ___ around" with comments saying "lol he wants your rares!"

I have like 500 stories about my encounters with elitist snobs, but this is one that's my favorite.
    Zalesana and Egg Zachly like this.
    "This forum is now closed and read-only" - No one ever

JesterGirl is offline Master Gamer

Yeahhh FR isn't what it used to be... I feel like the "elitists" have gotten more hardcore, perhaps because they feel threatened/insecure about new stuff that comes out, such as the lost treasures this month that resemble old retired items. Ever since Vaultberry, it's like they try even harder to prove how "non-noob" they are. I've been playing FR for quite a while, but I didn't start collecting the Vaults/Old until after it was all taken away. Sometimes I almost feel like I might have something worth being proud of, like my Sport Shades/some physical TCG items, etc... But my bubble bursts immediately when I see certain 'elistists' that have like everything...entire Rocker set, Milks, loads of Elite, and if you don't own all of that then you're still a "noob" to them. I don't really fit in anywhere, the beginners don't talk to me because they feel like I might be a snob, but then again the super-elite don't talk to me because I don't own every single piece of Rocker/Vault/Elite that ever existed. I'm in a weird place right now.
    Egg Zachly likes this.

IGN: Twigs
    (Formerly: Twiggy Jade)
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterGirl View Post
    Yeahhh FR isn't what it used to be... I feel like the "elitists" have gotten more hardcore, perhaps because they feel threatened/insecure about new stuff that comes out, such as the lost treasures this month that resemble old retired items. Ever since Vaultberry, it's like they try even harder to prove how "non-noob" they are. I've been playing FR for quite a while, but I didn't start collecting the Vaults/Old until after it was all taken away. Sometimes I almost feel like I might have something worth being proud of, like my Sport Shades/some physical TCG items, etc... But my bubble bursts immediately when I see certain 'elistists' that have like everything...entire Rocker set, Milks, loads of Elite, and if you don't own all of that then you're still a "noob" to them. I don't really fit in anywhere, the beginners don't talk to me because they feel like I might be a snob, but then again the super-elite don't talk to me because I don't own every single piece of Rocker/Vault/Elite that ever existed. I'm in a weird place right now.
    I'm in the same boat although a few ladder rungs under you lol, I have no retired items what so ever but I have worked up a nifty tcg and beret collection. Just when you feel like you stepped out of the noob zone you see someone who has rocker, shades, etc. and you're like...nope... I personally gave up when I met someone who has over 200m.
    JesterGirl likes this.

JesterGirl is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Zachly View Post
    I'm in the same boat although a few ladder rungs under you lol, I have no retired items what so ever but I have worked up a nifty tcg and beret collection. Just when you feel like you stepped out of the noob zone you see someone who has rocker, shades, etc. and you're like...nope... I personally gave up when I met someone who has over 200m.
    Yep, no matter what you do, it's never enough.
    Egg Zachly likes this.

IGN: Twigs
    (Formerly: Twiggy Jade)
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast