Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    realmscaster is offline Explorer

Default I feel bad when my (virtual) dog does.

This is from my blog at my website, for the podcast.

Free Realms is a perfect game when you are feeling sick. Here I am, nose running and achy, but in game I am able to run around delivering the mail and playing checkers.

I broke down and bought a dog yesterday, despite wanting to put it off for a while until I could dedicate more time to training. I am the type that can barely stand for a plant to not get care in real life, so a virtual dog can guilt me almost like a real life one.

But, I had a little Station Cash, so I went with a brown dog that looked like Roy. I didn't even think to check the *** of the dog, and didn't even notice that I had a female dog until I saw the little female symbol on the dog info screen.

This, of course, was noticed AFTER I had named her "Royal Rex!" ( I wanted to name "him" after my real life dog Roy: )

Roy, after running through the sprinkler.

In game Rex is a great dog, she is active and loving and has some GREAT animations! I like seeing what she is thinking in her little thought bubble over her head, and she seems to have a lot of interest in Pixies. So, she followed me around while I explored and did postman quests, and then I felt tired and took a little nap.

I forgot I left the game running, though.

When I came back to the game, there was Rex, and she was standing there looking at me, howling. It broke my heart! In real life, I had accidentally left Roy in the back room by himself (I closed off the back room because I didn't want a muddy dog to be playing in there) and I discovered him when I heard a muffled "oooOOOooOOooo!" coming from that room. When I opened the door, there he was, looking up at me. The similarities between the two situations was strange.

In game, I quickly fed, bathed and trained with Rex. Within minutes she was feeling better but ran over to a fire hydrant to relieve herself. Then she did it on the mailbox.

While I am glad that the dogs or cats will never run away if you neglect them, the behaviors of the dogs might be too close to reality for me to ignore. I decided to level up dog trainer, and to call Rex out only when I have time to play with her. Him. Them.

Anyway, if you haven't tried a dog/cat yet, go for it. You can try one out for 20 minutes for free!

Beau Realmscaster
    "Do you like flaming monkey tigers that are riding unicorns?"

Sleepingwolf is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: I feel bad when my (virtual) dog does.

Lol, I am the same way, I've never let mine get to the sad face but when I see one on another dog or cat it makes me sad. I love my virtual pets, they make me smile and laugh just like my RL ones do.

Superfreak41502 is offline Master Gamer

awww your RL dog is adorbale!!! so is your FR dog lol dont worry i did the same thing with my Toyger i named it as if it were a girl and well its not LOL oh well =P

Be yourself.. Imitation is Suicide!

realmscaster is offline Explorer

Well, I figured that since I won't have two pets, I combined both my female RL dog (the black one in the background) with my male one, out came Royal Rex! haha

They are adorable, can't wait to see what stuff SOE has planned for them down the line.

Beau
    "Do you like flaming monkey tigers that are riding unicorns?"

chutney is offline Amateur Gamer

I have a Free Realms cat and a dog - Sgt Millie and Sgt Echo. I try to be 'fair' to them and 'play' with them both an equal amount of time!!!!!! I think it is so funny to see them do the real animal things including lifting their legs, I laughed so much when I first saw it!!! Go pets!!!
    Holly Redspring ~ Playing every day ~ usually on Server 1 but sometimes 2 or 10 !! Look for me or call me if you want to group for dungeon.

Wizard Level 20/Archer Level 20/Brawler Level 20/Pet Trainer Level 20/Postman Level 20/Ninja Level 20/Chef Level 20/Miner Level 20

friendforever is offline Master Gamer

Aww, I hate when I see people, that have pets that are all droopy, and sad... I say stuff like, "Whose pet is place pet's name here, because they look kind of sad..." But, then no one replies....
    <Place siggie here>

Nadia is offline Explorer

Ya know you can change the name, right?

Darkhero39 is offline Amateur Gamer

Lol you have a cute dog in real life.

friendforever is offline Master Gamer

Lol, maybe Realmscaster doesn't know!! Lol, you change it, the same why as you named her the first time.
    <Place siggie here>

Kate Soulfoot is offline Amateur Gamer

XD Thats too funny!
    Although I feel the same way.
    We had a thunderstorm last night, so I spent the majority of it in the closet with my two RL Girls!
    Amazing what we will do for the RL ones we Love, and how we feel the same about our virtual pets!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast