Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Title: Houses Being Deleted?

MirandaFlamestory is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Houses Being Deleted?

I heard people saying that houses are going to b deleted either today or tomorrow, is this true? :O

Èmma & Barbìe
    ~♥Frostbitten Boutique♥~♥Buying & Selling Items♥~

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Default Re: Houses Being Deleted?

Ultimately does it matter? If they are not deleted now they will be deleted 2 months from now. Who cares?

Ragu is offline Pro Gamer

I wouldn't believe anything you hear until you receive SOE confirmation from an announcement or the FROF.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Zachly View Post
    Ultimately does it matter? If they are not deleted now they will be deleted 2 months from now. Who cares?
    Many housing enthusiasts have spent years working on their houses and improving them, it matters to many players.

But they are going to lose them in 2 months anyway? Why does it matter what happens at this point?
    ashfr likes this.

Ragu is offline Pro Gamer

But they are going to lose them in 2 months anyway? Why does it matter what happens at this point?
    It matters because many would like the opportunity to say goodbye to their houses before the game shuts down and this would leave a very limited amount of time to do so. This hasn't even been confirmed by an SOE employee to my knowledge...

MirandaFlamestory is offline Amateur Gamer

My sister cares, because she worked so hard on her houses and wants to cherish them while she still can.

Èmma & Barbìe
    ~♥Frostbitten Boutique♥~♥Buying & Selling Items♥~

Mizzila is offline Amateur Gamer

It matters because some people would like to enjoy the time they have left with their houses.
    Imagine your favorite console game ever. Your favorite game in the whole world, and somebody told you that you had 2 weeks left to play it, and you could never ever play that game ever again after that 2 weeks. Wouldn't you want to spend all the time you could playing that game?
    Now imagine that somebody took that game away right then, and you had no time left. Wouldn't it feel awful?

Thanks everyone for such a wonderful time in the realms!
    I'll be on MMOCentralForums as Tyrynn if anyone needs me.

GriffinSilentgulf is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu View Post
    It matters because many would like the opportunity to say goodbye to their houses before the game shuts down and this would leave a very limited amount of time to do so.
    Agreed, I didn't spend 525k building a hotel for nothing...

I guess people are still latching on to the hopeless idea that SOE is going to somehow announce that they were "just kidding" and not close the game. You can either tear this bandage off slowly and it will be more painful or you can rip it off all at once and only experience a short lived sting. I don't think deleting houses is going to be "adding insult to injury" when you are going to be losing everything you have worked for in a few weeks anyway. In fact it might just drive people into quitting now and avoiding the long goodbye. Guys look, first you were in denial stating that the announcement is probably an April's fools joke. Then you got angry that it wasn't and then tried to bargain with SOE with your petition which they will not accept so you move on to depression. You have just experienced the first 4 stages of grief and its time to move on to the final stage: acceptance. Treat this like a learning experience and make better financial/time investments in the future. This is the process of maturity.

AV6Q is offline Explorer

I guess people are still latching on to the hopeless idea that SOE is going to somehow announce that they were "just kidding" and not close the game. You can either tear this bandage off slowly and it will be more painful or you can rip it off all at once and only experience a short lived sting. I don't think deleting houses is going to be "adding insult to injury" when you are going to be losing everything you have worked for in a few weeks anyway. In fact it might just drive people into quitting now and avoiding the long goodbye. Guys look, first you were in denial stating that the announcement is probably an April's fools joke. Then you got angry that it wasn't and then tried to bargain with SOE with your petition which they will not accept so you move on to depression. You have just experienced the first 4 stages of grief and its time to move on to the final stage: acceptance. Treat this like a learning experience and make better financial/time investments in the future. This is the process of maturity.
    Ya, but im so devastated. if they take the houses off before march, i will never forgive SOE. I mean, i love the game, it saved me. I love my houses. All of this work, for it to just go up in smoke, i cant stand it! I have played 5 years, so im mad enough that it will all just disappear by april 1st, but until then, do mess with us. I heard people saying they did this last year, and i know they didnt, but even though i would be P.O.ed if it was a prank, it would be great at the end of the day. I mean, we all know the episode of family guy where the news team told everyone the world was ending and after they counted down, they said, "ha ha ha, we tricked you!" it would be incredible for that to happen. most mmorpgs last between 4 and 10 years, star wars adventures was in year 4, us in 5, and one other game they're taking down is 7. These games, although old, still had a lot left. And i hated the crap excuse they gave," its just, all of our originals are growing up and moving on to other games." forget you, i have friends that i still play with on the game who are in college. i myself am a high school sophomore. its just such a bad excuse for taking down a game. and saying its a sunset. it makes me sad. its like finding out your friend of 5 years has brain cancer. your glad you found out now and not later so you have time together, but you still cant get over the face they have two monthes to live. a little part of you is still thinking something short of a miracle will happen and they will live.
    bunny girl likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast