Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Nymo is offline Master Gamer

Icon2 Heads Up!: Your Last Weekend To Help Support Child's Play Charity!

Do you want to help bring some smiles to kids in hospitals? Do you want a cute little special edition triceratops?

If you answered yes to either, now is your last chance!

Last month, Sony Online Entertainment started a little drive to donate $10 every time a player buys a participating item to Child's Play Charity. For Free Realms, it's that adorable little triceratops above.

What is Child's Play Charity?
    Child's Play
    is a wonderful charity that gives toys, games, books, movies, and more to children in hospitals around the world. Staying in a hospital for long periods of time is no fun, but being able to bring some smiles and fun to these kids while they're there is a great and heartwarming thing to do.
    The past year in 09, they've had record-breaking numbers, having the total contributions add up to $1,780,870! That's the most they ever had! In total since 2003, Child's Play has raised over $6 million for the children.

Even though the drive for 2009 is over, you can still participate! Ziggy the Triceratops is still available for just 500 SC. While that is $5, SOE will donate $10 to Child's Play when you purchase it! SOE will do this up until January the 17th, just 5 days away as of this post (edit: now just the last weekend to do so!), so don't delay if you haven't already!
    You can also always donate all-year long directly to Child's Play!

According to the site, SOE is already a Platinum Sponsor for Child's Play, which from my understanding means that they already donated at least $10,000! But note that up until the 17th, SOE will only donate up to $50,000 from all the participating purchases, and we have no word on how much SOE has donated already.

Regardless, this is still your last chance to support and get Ziggy the Triceratops!

Thanks to Sony Online Entertainment and other fellow gamers for supporting a great charity for a good cause!
    Last edited by Nymo; 01-15-2010 at 03:43 PM.
    I am lost

Spoiler: show

Thanks Free Realms Lead Animator Floyd Bishop for the the animated signature!

Your new Free Realms content has been delayed...
    ...FOREVER!!!

Dawn Springlight is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Heads Up!: You Got 5 Days Left To Help Support Child's Play Charity!

Got mine already, dave it to one of my alts because I have a hard time keeping my pets happy these days.

Default Re: Heads Up!: You Got 5 Days Left To Help Support Child's Play Charity!

i got mine on the first day! wooo. its def. the cutest triceratops they offer. imo of course

Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

Thanks for the reminder, Nymo! I got mine.. such a sweet little pet! I kept the name Ziggy. All my names for myself and my pets start with Z. LOL

Zoey Cleversong is offline Master Gamer

I sadly don't have enough SC. For now....

Default Re: Heads Up!: Your Last Weekend To Help Support Child's Play Charity!

Glad to see that many of you already got the pet! And hope you get some more SC soon, Zoey.

Also, just the last reminder that this is your last weekend to buy Ziggy and support Child's Play Charity!
    And if you are still in the helping spirit and, say, already picked up Ziggy, please do donate for Haiti quake relief funds. Be sure to do your research and make sure it's they'll actually donate the money to those in need in Haiti!

Have a great weekend, Insiders!
    I am lost

...FOREVER!!!

Rlene is offline Explorer

Aww ok i better get him now

Rlene
    server 1
    Renegade

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

Darn. I'm not allowed to get some SC as of now... -feels guilty-
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

awe, Sorry you'll have to miss out, Arielle!

And also, little update: looks like SOE also updated their news to also reflect that this is your last chance to get Ziggy!
    Still no word on how much they've raised, but it's clear that they didn't go up to $50,000 yet...
    I am lost

...FOREVER!!!