Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Undead Father is offline Master Gamer

Default Has FRI become an Auction site?

It seems that the majority of topics on FRI for the last while have been Auctions. I'm just wondering if this is the direction the creators wanted the site to go?
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Chris Blazingsea is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Has FRI become an Auction site?

Well, as long as the auctions start with reasonable prices and people know what k means (thousand) its a great way to make money and get stuff that you really want.
    IGN: Chris Blazingsea
    <Elite Cardie Crew>

Tom FlameBolt1 is offline Master Gamer

i dunno but my market is boring little stock and quarntined >

Chris Blazingsea is offline Master Gamer

I kinda like auctions better because sometimes the first person that gets to the thread might buy all the good stuff, but if you see the thread later you still have a chance to get what you want in an auction.
    IGN: Chris Blazingsea
    <Elite Cardie Crew>

Claire Goldenbeach is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Father View Post
    It seems that the majority of topics on FRI for the last while have been Auctions. I'm just wondering if this is the direction the creators wanted the site to go?
    Do you mean the majority of the topics in the Free Market area are auctions? Or the majority of the topics on the site as a whole are auctions?

I'm fine with auctioning in the Free Market area. I don't feel that the whole FRI site is becoming an auction house if that is what you are asking. I've seen lots and lots of worthwhile discussion on the recent updates, etc.

Perhaps I'm not 100% clear on what you are looking for with this thread?

EatMonkies is offline Master Gamer

It's the Christmas season (not many postings on chatting/very slow from what I have seen), most of the people still here seem to have a business plan, though, for some reason so it should balance out eventually. I don't see the problem with it though... it's like a new innovation for selling things, and I don't feel it is taking over the site either, you might want to look over at the "are you game" area, hehe.

I remember once, Kiki Moonpeace* took the power and closed some threads because they were "multiples" from other people, not sure what happened to it, but sometimes how the staff reacts to something changes.
    Last edited by EatMonkies; 12-24-2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: *Defined which Kiki

(Link to deviantArt)

じゃ~、またね。

Undead Father is offline Master Gamer

I guess the majority of new topics are Auctions. It just seems to me that with all the selling and buying of items, FRI has changed. It's hard to explain, I guess.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Claire Goldenbeach is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Father View Post
    I guess the majority of new topics are Auctions. It just seems to me that with all the selling and buying of items, FRI has changed. It's hard to explain, I guess.
    I don't really see it that way I guess. All of the auctioning is confined to the Free Market area. There are many other new topics that pop up all over other areas of the site regularly.

To answer your original question, the Free Market area is meant to be one piece of a much larger board with overall content. It's certainly not meant to be the only active area of the site. That is the creator's vision.

Christopher Darkcove is offline Master Gamer

since of the bad economy in free realms. i think people think its the best way to make money. by selling items in auctions. if the buyers see what they want, they will probably keep bidding, especially if its a Christmas gift to a friend.

I don't think of it as taking over the site, do you remember those commercials that keep replaying over and over when its Christmas season? well i think this is what it is. trying to sell a product to you. buyers usually pay more for an item during this season or look to buy more, or try hard to get it. That is why people now sell items that are harder to get now since its worth more money. they want you to buy it now since its the Christmas season, you will probably end up giving it to a friend or try your best to get it.

that's why there are so many auctions going on.
    Huh? I see that you aren't "Undercover". Well grab a mustache and join the fun!

RzlClearWatr is offline Master Gamer

i think its the need of money in free realms right now....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast