Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RedBear is offline Amateur Gamer

Default GUIDE: Details on Character Account Types for Member, Original Non-Member, & Revised Non-Member, with Pics and PET TRAINER info

Are you confused on the different character account types? This should help you!

There's three types of character accounts and I've given them names!

• ORIGINAL NON-MEMBER CHARACTER (character created on or before November 1, 2009)
    • REVISED NON-MEMBER CHARACTER (character created after November 1, 2009)

First & most Importantly is PET TRAINER. When you look at the pictures below, you will see the Pet Trainer job; however, your account may not show that job. To clear up any confusion this may cause, I'll explain. Most (not all) account types created before the December 2009 Update can change into the Pet Trainer job. It is no longer possible to level your pet trainer because it has been removed as a job. All accounts created after the December 2009 Update do not have a Pet Trainer job. It is expected that all accounts will have the Pet Trainer position removed completely. Don't worry, every account type will still be able play with their pets and every account type is expected to earn trophies for pet tricks instead of stars.

Every character who made it to level 20 before the December 2009 update will receive a free pet when the trophy system is introduced. For those who did not make it to level 20 for any reason, you will still be able to win the free pet by having your pet perform tricks. Currently, the information on how many tricks is unknown. I'll bet that it's going to be a ton of tricks! The trophy system is coming "soon". If you don't know what "soon" means in the gaming industry, it could mean a day or infinity.

MEMBER accounts have access to all the jobs, all the time.

ORIGINAL NON-MEMBER character accounts have access to most of the jobs up to level 20 and some up to the very end of level 4 . (For those level 4 jobs, you cannot hit level 5 without a membership; it stops when you hit the end of level 4.)
    LEVEL 20 JOBS: Adventurer, Brawler, Card Duelist, Chef, Demo Derby, Kart Driver, Miner, Ninja & Postman

LEVEL 4 JOBS: Archer, Blacksmith, Fisherman, Medic, Soccer Star, Warrior & Wizard
    REVISED NON-MEMBER character accounts have access for card duelist and adventurer up to level 20 and have access to the rest of the jobs up to the very end of level 4. (You cannot hit level 5 without a membership; it stops when you hit the end of level 4.)

What happens if you are a member and you don't renew? According to Pex (SOE), you will fall into either ORIGINAL NON-MEMBER or REVISED NON-MEMBER. How is this determined? If your CHARACTER (not account) was created on or before November 1 2009, you'll be ORIGINAL NON-MEMBER. If your CHARACTER (not account) was created after November 1 2009, you'll be REVISED NON-MEMBER. You may continue to play the restricted jobs for either account type until you hit the very end of level 4. After that, you can turn into that job but cannot play any minigame associated with the job. If you reached above level 5, you will keep your level but not be able to progress.

Are you a visual person? They do say a picture is worth a thousand words! Here ya go....

Last edited by RedBear; 02-10-2010 at 07:32 AM. Reason: clarified level 5 job caps to explain stopped at end of level 4. Also Pet Trainer change.

alex85 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Different Account Types for Member, Original Non-Member, & Revised Non-Member

thanks for clearing that up

RedBear is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Different Account Types for Member, Original Non-Member, & Revised Non-Member

wow you were fast! i had not even put up the pics .

anyway, be back later!

i will be putting this on the official forum but wanted to do it here first bc lots of kids and i only had time for one place.
    Last edited by RedBear; 11-06-2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Holdenbw is offline Banned

I think this is bad for non-members, as once you hit level 5 in each of the fighter classes, one can no longer do dungeons until they become a member. So, unless they become a member, there will be no point to playing. Current non-members can keep having fun and still get stuff. They can do dungeons for coin and ticket grinding. New non-members will eventually hit a wall where all they can do is play cards. They never should have messed with this.

true life in FR will be hard for new non-members

Lyric1 is offline Banned

A friend of mine wanted to start playing...but didnt want to ask her parents to pay for a membership..after talking to her about the new updates...she decided not to even bother since she wasnt getting the same benefits as i was (a paying member). Its sad actually bcs i knew we would have so much fun together but now we cant. ~ Lyric♥

aww so sorry to hear that .this update has changed FR indefinetely

Lyric1 is offline Banned

Thx Alex...I appreciate it.... ~ Lyric♥

No problem i just feel its not fair to the new players...........

Lyric1 is offline Banned

Its definitly not..but i guess if they didnt know before hand about the changes it wouldnt bother them so much...that is until they realize that members are further ahead of them in the game then they r....kindof suxy really...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast