Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

EriWolf is offline Newbie Explorer

Icon1 Guide Contributors Wanted! (Please!!!)

I've been on Free Realms for about four and a half years now, but I've only recently discovered things like FRI and ZAM. (I created my FRI account today; this is my first post. Hi.) So if what I'm about to suggest has already been done, please let me know. I have looked and I haven't seen anything like this, but I'm not sure.

What I'd like to do is make a guide to the natural resources of Free Realms. Basically this means cataloging where to find the various types of metals and wild harvestable plants by region (for example, the Snowhill area is a great place to go for copper mining, and lots of silver can be found across both parts of the river east from Stillwater Crossing), but also by other details (for example, that wildroot grows under large tree roots while spiralmint is usually pretty out in the open).

If someone wants to join the team (if there ever is a team ... fingers crossed) and do this for collectible resources (mushroom rings, wildflowers, fireflies, Robgoblin junkpiles, all that good stuff) I guess they can, but it seems much harder and more pointless to me. I'm fine with that not being included.

This is obviously going to be a HUGE task, but I really want to see it done. So if you want to be a committed member of the team or maybe just want to help out a little bit, PLEASE reply to this thread! (We can talk about dividing up the work once I see how many people are interested.)

Everyone who helps out will be given credit in the final guide (of course) and who knows, they might just get a little in-game gift from me too

(My IGN is Erika Wolfwhisper, by the way.)
    Erika Wolfwhisper
    Once a Pet Trainer, always a Pet Trainer.

Zalesana is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Guide Contributors Wanted! (Please!!!)

Hiya, EriWolf! Welcome to FRI. 8]

I'm not aware of a single guide that contains all the information that you're looking to compile. I always just assumed the ore locations went along with the region that the mines were located in, but I kind of blew through miner when I maxed it so I didn't pay close attention. I'm honestly not sure if there's already a harvesting guide out there with general locations of plants. 8] Luckily, ZAM gives general locations for where certain collection items spawn. Since I rarely use the natural resources around the realms, I'm unfortunately not going to be of much help.

I wish you luck with your guide. 8]

Thank you so much, Zalesana!
    And I understand -- I usually mine / harvest whatever I stumble across, but I don't pay any attention to it unless I'm avoiding a difficult quest
    Erika Wolfwhisper

Mizzila is offline Amateur Gamer

Hi! I may not be able to help out much with your guide (I don't have a lot of time lately), but I think it's a wonderful idea!
    I might be able to keep track of where I find certain resources when I do play, though, if you want me to. I'm usually resource hunting. xD

And welcome to FRI!

Thanks everyone for such a wonderful time in the realms!
    I'll be on MMOCentralForums as Tyrynn if anyone needs me.

Thankyouthankyou Mizz! Any help would be appreciated

Some in-game people and I are currently working on where we'll compile the information. As soon as we figure it out I'll post it and you can drop by whenever you have something to add! Thanks so much!
    Erika Wolfwhisper