Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title: good idea?

oliviann7 is offline Master Gamer

Icon2 good idea?

i wish when we chat we could talk with voices like we could choose a voice setting and when we talk we have voices it would be kinda cool right

lolaya is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: good idea?

That would be cool except for one huge thing, Confusion, everyone would get confused by hearing like 100 other voices at the same time

Proud Leader of <Renegade>
    I have won 1 TCG Tourney and I have maxed all jobs!

Stella Fireblossom is offline Amateur Gamer

thats cool, but really BAD IDEA!!!!....bc what if a nasty old adult tried to scam you in some silly high voices? my sister tried it before, and she freaked out....she never play IMVU ever again...dont do it! i meant it! O_O
    Stella Fireblossom
    <Celestia>
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart - Helen Keller"
    I'm proud to be deaf.

oliviann7 is offline Master Gamer

yeah like at a party it would be super LOUD

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

It may not just be problematic for the players, but difficult to create for SOE. Accent, language, pitch, etc. all need to be considered when creating voices, and even then it's extremely difficult to create a voice in the first place. Recorded voices of volunteers/employees may work, but that would narrow down the options for players by quite a bit. Judging by other threads I've seen, players want more options.

Oh, I just realized you were talking about chat as in you typing. That's even harder. What happens when someone spells something wrong?
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Amanda Precioussaber is offline Master Gamer

That's a GREAT idea! What I think we could get is like a whole body suit, and when ever we move, or how, our character moves. We would also need like a head set so we could talk, and hear others
    My internet has been out for quite a while now, so I won't be able to get on.
    ~~Amanda at the Library.
    I feel like that cat right now.

rolandspore is offline Amateur Gamer

I used to play a game called Roller Coaster Tycoon, and while the people in the game didn't talk they would make noises like giggles and cheers of happiness. The more people in the theme park, the louder the crowd. How Free Realms could adapt this would be to have murmuring noises, like people talking but not distinguishable words, that get louder the more people are crowded into areas. Of course, I'm also a believer that when someone hits ENTER on their keyboard that the "talk" emote should begin.
    Roland Spore
    <The Notorious>
    Born June 14, 2009 Member since July 28, 2009

Rosierulez is offline Master Gamer

Maybe we could just talk to the computer what you want your character to say, then your character would say what you said only there would be no voices, there would just be a chat bubble above their head. And if you don't want to talk, like because you need to be quiet, you could still type!

~ ​KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE ~

Dawn Springlight is offline Master Gamer

It is a neat idea, only problem would be in a crowd everyone yelling and trying to be heard at once, like with all the spamming. And the fact that the chat filter that is meant to make things safe would be rendered useless.

Charlotte is offline Master Gamer

I'd like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast