Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ashley Preciousfable

Title: Good Games for Mac?

RayWonderMetal is offline Pro Gamer

Default Good Games for Mac?

Ok, here we go again with the whole "Because Free Realms is shutting down..." stuff but as I recently got a Macbook (no, not the best decision I've made) Free Realms has been the only MMO worth playing as MacBooks are more known for productivity...not games. Now because the game is slowly dying I was wondering if you guys know any GOOD MMOs that are available on the OS X platform - when I say good, I mean a game that has such a nice authentic feel to it like Free Realms does/did.

I'm like a Goldilocks when it comes to games; I like things to be in the middle and 'just right' meaning not too filled with action and not a virtual chatroom that allows you to move - I need a little variety.

I've really struggled with finding a good game so I was wondering if any of you either have a lot of background knowledge on good Mac games or were luckier than me in the search for a new game.
    ~ I wish everyone the best as they depart from the lovely world and community of Free Realms ~

Sarannah is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Good Games for Mac?

World of Warcraft...
    "Why bother?"

I feel pretty meh about that game, it's not the type that's all about grinding monsters is it? Because I find those mundane after a while.
    ~ I wish everyone the best as they depart from the lovely world and community of Free Realms ~

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Really dunno what to suggest here, most games are for PC, Mac's are kinda limited in that regard. As far as games like FR goes, I can only name a few but I really wouldn't recommend any of them. Runescape, but that game will suck the life out of you. Wurm but I get terrible lag and like RS, it will suck the life out of you. Mabinogi, but that game shut down a few years ago. Cant really think of any other games that are similar to FR in the multiple jobs respect. I've been playing Aura Kingdom, well currently taking a break from it but I cant really say that its anything like FR. Elder Scrolls online comes out in April I believe, that is what I will be waiting for.

Oh I remember when everyone was obsessed with Runescape...most still are. I do go on it every once in a while as a last resort but it's not really something that I want to go on that often.

I'm looking forward to the Elder Scrolls release, I've been hearing a lot of hype about it so I'm pretty curious - and it's released while I'm on school break!

When I try out the more social games (IMVU, Second Life) I just can't stand the presentation! It either looks to flashy or feels to awkward and boring as there is no plot or anything to go with or do when you're bored of talking and 'partying' -.-

I guess I might just wait until April but it's a pretty relevant date as Free Realms would've just shut down by then.

I have a MacBook Pro also. Not that great… but hey if you wanna go with something simple, Minecraft is. Probably not something you were looking for, but it's a choice, likewise WoW. I've been looking for other MMOs for Macs too, and not a lot catch my eye. Usually then I just go on the Xbox.
    "Why bother?"

I bought the pocket edition of Minecraft on my phone and I still have a lot of demo time remaining on the free one I got on my Macbook. I prefer it on the phone because I prefer just having to touch parts of the screen for the controls, unlike on laptops and computers.

My brother kindly gave me his old Xbox 360 when he got his Xbox One - I will soon take this to my advantage as a lot of the many games on the Xbox platform that take my interest would be cheaper now.

You should get Forza Horizon… I love that game. It's a racing game, fairly new.
    "Why bother?"

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

I know some people who have tried Elder Scrolls, from what I've heard if you like the combat style of Elder Scrolls games previously...you should enjoy this. But they won't be building any major Elder Scroll lore into it, which is disappointing. That being said, I would wait it out for any big MMO coming out that is subscription based --- most do not last very long, and will be free to play in a few months. It's unfortunate (for the companies), but that is the way things are going.

I don't play many games online anymore, because I don't have time for them..lol. But I've built a fair sized collection of games on my macbook (since I've converted on returning to school) through Steam sales & humble bundle sales. I can usually find something worth a purchase via steam. Just make sure it is available for your OS.
    Zalesana and RayWonderMetal like this.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.