Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Title: Free Realms to Shut Down on March 31st (2014)

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Default Re: Free Realms to Shut Down on March 31st (2014)

Sha-nah-nah-nah. Sha-nah-nah-nah. Hey-hey-hey. Good-bye.

Mistyspring is offline Amateur Gamer

Does anyone know the email of SOE or Free Realms?
    I have my own petition here, need 100,000 supporters:
    https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitio...e-away-our-fun
    SOE: Where games go to die.

madisonalyse03 is offline Pro Gamer

Umm, what was the deal with the coinage shrink if they were closing the game down? SOE didn't handle this well and again customers got the short end of the deal.

I hope you guys keep this site up. It's not my decision, but I've been following this site almost as long as I have been a member of Free Realms (I was a lurker). Does it cost much to keep FRI running? Because you could maybe just have the forums up (there hasn't been a new post on the main page since August, so it won't change that much). I haven't been a member on here for long, but I've "met" some pretty cool people and it would be nice to keep it running.

It probably costs SOE tons of money to keep Free Realms active and it doesn't help that a lot of people move on to other sites. Free Realms is almost like the younger brother to bigger online games such as World of Warcraft (it almost looks the same as WOW). I think one of the main problems was that they didn't have enough major updates. It took years for Sunstone Valley to come out and that was one of the only really major updates. It's too bad that they are shutting it down because I have fond memories of playing it oh well...

I don't think a petition will bring it back or even change SOE's mind because they're closing it for business reasons. Every game has to come to an end, but I didn't expect Free Realms to end so suddenly. It's kind of like what happened with Lego Universe, which closed for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by madisonalyse03 View Post
    Umm, what was the deal with the coinage shrink if they were closing the game down? SOE didn't handle this well and again customers got the short end of the deal.
    I know. What was the point of making HeroRealms seem like such a big deal if they're closing the whole thing two months later? (FreeRealms was disappointing too. It was just more stuff that you can buy and dueling other players).

I'm going to be listening to this song a bunch of times now: The Dares - It's Your World - YouTube

Annie Hawkclaw is offline Master Gamer

I'm so surprised and sad, I don't even know what to say...

Spoiler: show

(Also known as Annie, Green, or Froggy)

Quote Originally Posted by David Dazzlingantlers View Post
    I know. What was the point of making HeroRealms seem like such a big deal if they're closing the whole thing two months later? (FreeRealms was disappointing too. It was just more stuff that you can buy and dueling other players).

I'm going to be listening to this song a bunch of times now: The Dares - It's Your World - YouTube
    I think now it's fairly clear the dev team wasn't clued in to this decision any more than we were. It seems the chicken doo doo fell on their heads the same time as the players.
    "I'll get you my pretties!"

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

I'm happy, at least, that I stayed with the game for all of almost 6 years to see it go away. I will miss some friends, but all the very close friends I have, we have found other ways to connect to each other. I see this as an opportunity to go onward in life and no longer feel chained to the game with the loyalty to the guild I was in. With it being so laid back, it was like a happy medium when I didn't want to go around killing everything I saw in a different game. (I can only kill so many Forest Fairies in Aura Kingdom before I begin to feel bad about it.) I will leave this game with a smile in my heart.

Poem time!

Realms
    Going to the same place everyday,
    looking at the same faces.
    Some of them I didn't even know beyond the words they typed.
    Six years passing by me in seconds.
    I can barely remember the negative moments now.
    Keeping everyone in my memory will be quite a task,
    but well worth it.
    Somerandomperson likes this.
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

Jaime Rider is offline Master Gamer

I can't say that I have played this game since 2011, but I will always remember the fun times I had with this community. I want to thank each and everyone of you for the smiles and laughter you brought me.

comicfae is offline Explorer

*sobbing hysterically*

I'm off to demand they keep it up until April 3rd.
    so, there was a princess.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast