Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    JesterGirl is offline Master Gamer

Icon3 Free Realms Recycling! (Also read if you're retiring from FR!)

We need to start a new movement in the world of FR! Let's start encouraging people to recycle in Free Realms! Ok, here's what it's all about...
    Alot of people who started playing FR in the beginning don't even play any more. And some people play for a while, then grow bored of the game and move on to other things. Meanwhile, what do they have stashed in their inventory? all kinds of goodies that active players would love! As older items grow more rare, and expensive, current players are fighting eachother tooth and nail to get items like old school vaults, unredeemed Rocker, etc. These items which may have even been common back in the old days (and alot cheaper) are becoming harder to find (yes I know they're retired, but there's still more out there than you think), and people are getting chaotic over some of this stuff. Example, unredeemed rocker clothes are quite pricey, people are paying high amounts of REAL money to find them, and alot of people get scammed while trying to find them, scammers prey on their desperate attempts to get these items. In reality, there are probably loads of great unredeemed VR's sitting in some long-forgotten accounts, tons of old vaults and sport shades that never get used by people who hardly play. It's like the real economy, it gets bad when people start hoarding and things don't circulate, there isn't anything going around. So we need like a FR-stimulus or something lol. Sure some of it's old and is rare regardless, but maybe if some of these ex-players or people who are losing interest in this game start putting their stuff back out there, active players might start having a better experience.
    Last edited by JesterGirl; 09-14-2011 at 12:35 AM.

IGN: Twigs
    (Formerly: Twiggy Jade)
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

GabbyClark1 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Free Realms Recycling! (Also read if you're retiring from FR!)

I agree. I mean it's not like you or others who agree are just wanting items, it's just that when you think about it, back then there were wayyy less arguments and fights. The main arguments/fights start because of these so called rare items that wouldn't be so rare if people would give them to someone before quitting. It's common-sense people. Common-sense!
    Spoiler: show
    Check out my poems thread. And no link o.o Find it yourself under the creative writing section o.o

Thanks for supporting the movement Gabby!

Miss Morose is offline Master Gamer

I agree! I was actually just thinking about it today, but it seems that another reason for this is that some people with alot of really rare items get a little carried away or just conceited and end up reported/banned *NOT saying everyone with rares is conceited!* and FR doesn't recycle these rares that get deleted with the account, though I can't say I blame them it's not like we can write wills in FR x]

Though, I do think if your leaving FR you should most definitely give your rares to a friend, so they don't die along with your account.
    Last edited by Miss Morose; 09-14-2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Typo
    Morose: Having a withdrawn gloomy personality.
    IGN: Heather Mistblade

Smartblonde is offline Amateur Gamer

i really agree with that, there would be a lot more happy people if there were more items to go around!(:
    Quit

Kaleb Opaleyes is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Morose View Post
    I agree! I was actually just thinking about it today, but it seems that another reason for this is that some people with alot of really rare items get a little carried away or just conceded and end up reported/banned *NOT saying everyone with rares is conceded!* and FR doesn't recycle these rares that get deleted with the account, though I can't say I blame them it's not like we can write wills in FR x]

Though, I do think if your leaving FR you should most definitely give your rares to a friend, so they don't die along with your account.
    I totally agree! I mean, taking a break is one thing, but if you know for sure that you are never going to come back to FreeRealms ever again, it would be nice to donate some of your stuff!

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

I agree, yet I disagree at the same time. While it would be nice to have things that I never thought I would because of the rarity index, the person who thinks they're completely done with Free Realms may, in fact, decide to return one day. Think about it. What if you were in their shoes? What if you gave everything away, quit, then came back later only to find an empty inventory and remember that decision you made? Wouldn't be fun, right?

Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne

I hear what you're saying Celestina, but some of the people I'm thinking about right now are the people that when you look up their profile (usually an older player) and where it says the last time the character was logged in, and it will say "Last Played: 2 years ago" or something like that. It would be kinda nice if those kinda people would log back in for five minutes and donate away some of those old school items they're holding down lol. Also, while some people do take breaks and return, the fact that FR is geared toward a younger crowd is a big issue. While some people may end up playing FR for the lifetime of the game, some younger people will inevitably "outgrow" FR. It's just like outgrowing your toys when you're a child, some people will simply lose interest. Yes there are older people who play FR, but sometimes you just hit a point where the hobbies/video games you were into just fade away and you move on to new things.

GriffinSilentgulf is offline Master Gamer

I don't agree with this. Suppose I were to come back?

Benny Solarhammer is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Celestina View Post
    I agree, yet I disagree at the same time. While it would be nice to have things that I never thought I would because of the rarity index, the person who thinks they're completely done with Free Realms may, in fact, decide to return one day. Think about it. What if you were in their shoes? What if you gave everything away, quit, then came back later only to find an empty inventory and remember that decision you made? Wouldn't be fun, right?
    I agree. The easiest thing for SOE to do would to be to make the so-called 'rare' items untradeable. That would save a lot of pain, trouble, and not to mention violence.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast