Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Nymo is offline Master Gamer

Icon2 Free Realms Gets Nominated For The Game Developer's Choice Awards!

If you've been following my blogs, you would know that FR has been on a couple awards. We had a kid's tech summit nominated Free Realms, and had a blog name the game best MMO of 2009. And as I mentioned, I would look out for other awards FR would be nominated for.

well, This one is a biggie. I was thinking of holding this off until I go post a new Free Realms Insight blog, but I had to post this:

Free Realms gets recognized by other game developers.

Every year there's a Game Developer's Conference here in San Francisco where game developers world wide gather and collaborate. And at this year's Game Developer's Choice Awards, it appears that Free Realms has been nominated for Best New Social/Online Game!

This is a pretty big deal, since the game is being recognized by SOE's peers: Fellow game developers.

As for other games in the category, there's 1 other MMO (Dungeon Figher Online from Neople/Nexon) and 3 Facebook games (PopCap's Bejeweled Blitz, Playfish's Restaurant City, and Zynga's Farmville)
    Certainly interested to see what the outcome is, and I really hope SOE wins it with Free Realms!

Who will win? We'll find out after the awards begin on March 11th!
    I will (somehow) try to find a way to get into GDC this year
    (i was able to get into a playstation party last year...)

Thanks for reading, and go SOE!
    I am lost

Spoiler: show

Thanks Free Realms Lead Animator Floyd Bishop for the the animated signature!

Your new Free Realms content has been delayed...
    ...FOREVER!!!

KBLUEHAIR is offline Newbie Explorer

Default Re: Free Realms Gets Nominated For The Game Developer's Choice Awards!

Awesome! They deserve it. This game's a blast.
    They have some tough competition though. Bejeweled Blitz & Farmville are very popular, and I admit, addictingly fun games. Who will win?
    . Kaeyla Bluehair/Vivienne Diamondspice Any Server
    ...I'm a damsel. I'm in distress. I can handle this. Have a nice day.

Kzor is offline Amateur Gamer

I hope we win

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

I really hope Free Realms will win. I haven't really heard about those other games...
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

alexko9 is offline Master Gamer

thats aweomse!!!
    Find the Stone Heart Shop here!!!