• 1 Post By hhhenry
  • 5 Post By KitanaEdenia
  • 1 Post By Yoshinator
  • 1 Post By ninjablade2000
  • 1 Post By zachpuppy

Title: FR Gets New Lead Designer

weehusker is offline Master Gamer

Default FR Gets New Lead Designer

Written by Mourde!!!Greetings Free Realms-ers!

I’m Mourde, and as of the last few months I'm the new Lead Designer on Free Realms. Hello! *waves*

I wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself, and then give you a broad overview of where I see the game going in the near future. First off, to give you some background, I'm an east coast transplant (go Red Sox!) who found my way out to California back about five years ago to get into the game industry.

Since I began at Sony Online Entertainment I've had the unique opportunity to work my up through Customer Service, Quality Assurance and finally landing here in Development. As such I have what I would consider to be a "well-rounded" view of our games (and games in general... I play everything I can!). My goal here is simply this: help build an amazing world that I want to spend time in.

What does that mean for the game exactly? Well, the development process is a fluid thing (you'll probably see me refer back to that many times), meaning things are always in flux. And like steering a big sailboat over water, you get pushed and pulled in many directions - but with focus you will end up where you want to be. (Am I losing you with all the metaphors yet?)

Practically what does this translate to? Basically a few big initiatives off the bat. These are:

1) Making the world function and feel consistent and organic. Free Realms has gone in several different directions over the years, and what I'd like to see is for all those arrows to point uniformly. Things like having overworld combat across the entire world, coin merchants who you actually have a reason to visit, and persistent functionality on a technical level (entering stores with combat start screens? What is that all about?) are very important for me to see.

2) Giving combat and jobs in general more meaning. I'm going to be frank with you guys, I think our combat needs some serious TLC. If you're wondering what I'm talking about hop into Clone Wars Adventures and go blast some droids for a few minutes. The combat feel we have developed in that game is something I think Free Realms would benefit immensely from (don't worry, I'm mindful of the fact that they are very different core games). In addition I'd love to see our combat AND non-combat jobs have more significance and impact on your daily gaming experience.

3) Getting to new content! Yes, we are excited to continue the Hero Rises storyline. And yes we're excited to be adding overworld combat. But past that we are SERIOUSLY looking forward to begin expanding the Free Realms world. Yes, I do mean new zones. But like any sequence of systems, you can't put the overall gears into motion until all the parts are in place. So before we get to the new zones we need the rest of the parts of the game squeaky clean and pleasing to you guys.

4) Finally - interacting with and listening to everyone! I think any Clone Wars Adventures players will vouch for the fact that I do my absolute best to keep active with the community and keep you all well informed. While my responsibilities here will keep me busy, and I won't always be online to respond to every question, rest assured I'm reading and will be here as often as possible.

So that's the gist of things! I'll be writing more over the coming months as we continue to grow. I'd like to wrap up by humbling acknowledging that I try to never, ever forget that the only reason we get to come in and do what we love every day is because of all of you. So thank you for playing, and ALLONS-Y! I look forward to helping continue improving and building on this amazing world we have here in Free Realms!

-Mourde
    SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE

ceres27 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: FR Gets New Lead Designer

sounds good..i still have high hopes for fr to be better!

TJ
    <Blood Wolf>
    I am looking for complete, black elite archer and warrior set. PM if selling.

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

I wish they'd hire the first lead designer back -- the one that developed, playtested, and then released FR. AND Bring Back The First Combat System!!! FR was a success and gained millions of players because of that team. Then, they changed it.
    Dawn73 likes this.

KitanaEdenia is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by hhhenry View Post
    I wish they'd hire the first lead designer back -- the one that developed, playtested, and then released FR. AND Bring Back The First Combat System!!! FR was a success and gained millions of players because of that team. Then, they changed it.
    Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

Code: Breaker is awesome.
    The stupid gif isn't working.
    I know it's small.

Yoshinator is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by KitanaEdenia View Post
    Then everything changed when the Yoshi Nation invaded FRI.
    pokegroup likes this.

1st Generation Free Realmer
    3rd Generation Insider

TheThing is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshinator View Post
    Then everything changed when the Yoshi Nation invaded FRI.
    You couldn't rule anything cause your slender man....
    OH GOD

ninjablade2000 is offline Master Gamer

And it took only 5 posts to go completely off-topic that day...

But I also agree I want the original team back.):
    w3ndy17 likes this.
    hello

3poindy is offline Amateur Gamer

sounds good, BUT I WANT SILVER HILLS, ELVES, PET TRAINER, MYSTERY COMBAT JOB, AND LEVEL CAP INCREASE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!1 mostly silver hills and elves
    IGN: Lionpaw OfThunderclan (Might soon be changed, but that is my current name)

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by KitanaEdenia View Post
    You made my day, so so so much.
    KitanaEdenia likes this.
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

JasmineJovda is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by ceres27 View Post
    sounds good..i still have high hopes for fr to be better!
    You do? Wow, I've lost all hope in SOE since 2011. Afterall the things that has happened, you still have hope...

I hope when I get back online, that at least some things will be better...some things..
    Eren, the reason you couldn't save your mother is that you were weak. The reason why I didnt fight the titan was that I was afraid. ~Hannes[/CENTER]