Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Greenpaintball is offline Explorer

Icon11 Free realms "free" ????

Hey since the jobs for new players can only go up to lvl 4.... is this kinda slowly going onto the "wow" road where its going to be p2p???and only have a 10 day trial??? or will this be all the free restrictions?

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Free realms "free" ????

Well, we don't know much of SOE's future plans. Most people define the Free in FreeRealms to mean liberty more than inexpensiveness, anyway.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Greenpaintball is offline Explorer

what do you meen by that?

im just worried that i wont be able to play 4 free like i used to be able to

We don't know if SOE will be placing more restrictions on the "freeness" of the game anytime in the future. Some people think that trial jobs are more liberating, too.

Mena Skates is offline Explorer

Industry news I've been reading suggests that more and more games will probably be set up like Free Realms. The trend for many games is to allow free play with restricted content (which is much the same a trial) with a fee for full content access.

Also, it should be noted that while Microsoft's X-box Live has long required payment, Sony's Playstation platform has continued to provide free multiplayer through the console. This ultimately means that Sony has sacrificed some potential profit here and may seek ways to provide content for a fee, though a recent Sony statement says they will continue to support multiplayer functions for free.

It means FREE as in exploring not no money.
    Proud member of <Insiders> Resurgence

King Empoleon is offline Amateur Gamer

There is a very slim chance Free Realms will become P2P. Many people will be mad at SOE. But what they mean by 'free' in Free Realms is that you're free to be whoever you want to be. Remember, in the song "It's your World" they say "Go for the dreams that you have!"
    Olny 55% of plepoe can raed tihs.
    I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre

It is sad the way SOE treats noobs, but without money SOE would go out of buisness and that would mean no more FR!!!
    Proud member of <Insiders> Resurgence

Justin Wolfclaws is offline Explorer

I wouldn't worry too much about Sony making Free Realms P2P.

You know how they have coupons in the paper for the grocery store where you can get a few cents off an item? They can do this because they know that the coupon will bring in more money. Some people will only buy the item and leave, but others will spend awhile shopping for other things.

If Free Realms only has a half a million subscribers - that comes out to about $3 million per month. SOE has provided a lot of content for free that many have fun and are creative with. A subscription just allows you to do more things.

If you're enjoying Free Realms that's really all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Wolfclaws View Post
    If Free Realms only has a half a million subscribers - that comes out to about $3 million per month.
    Not to mention the SC spent every month, as well as some players that subscribe and never play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast