Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Yarcofin is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Free Realms Is Censoring All Opposing Views!!!

I am posting this here on FRI since asking about it on the official FR website will be a useless endeavour, and I hope that here I will get the free speech I need to get this message out to people...

I believe that Free Realms has began "stealth censoring" just like their "stealth nerfing" in game. Normally if you make an inappropriate post, they move it to another forum... but the original post still remains in the thread, along with "This post has been moved to _________ by (Mod name)"

But what about when your thread isn't inappropriate and you are just making a valid argument? Well then your post gets removed entirely without any mention, and no notification to you.

Last night I went on the official Free Realms forum, and in the "Psst... Guess what!" (aka 4 M celebration thread) and posted the following:

"Not to rain on the parade... something is still better than nothing. But I'd rather just have the resale value of items put back the way it was instead (at least for a week.) Double the tickets doesn't really do me much good when all the items I'll be getting out of the vault are essentially worthless... and all of the quests that I used to do have been turned off, which gave double as many tickets even with this 2x boost on Robgoblin Trove. They take everything away, then throw us one little bone and everyone worships them for it."

(I recovered this message because I pasted it to a friend on MSN for input, and it was saved in their chat logs.)

This message was deleted entirely... it's just not in the thread any more. At least three messages replying to me were also deleted... they are just completely gone. One was from a user named "Ticketfarm", one was from Nymo, and one was from another user whose name I forget. I double and triple checked to make sure it was the same forum thread and it was on the same page (I re-read the entire thread.)

I have no proof that this is actually happening, since it was completely unexpected. But I am asking anybody who makes posts about controversial issues (ie. nerfing coin drops, resale prices) on the official FR forum to take a screenshot of your post, showing the post above and below it, as well as the time. This is the only way that we will get proof this is happening if it gets removed.

I love the game, but this is ridiculous. I made a valid point, and since I wasn't breaking any rules they couldn't actually "move" the thread, so they just silently snip it out entirely without even leaving a trace.

Oh, and did I mention that this is among a 23 page "Sell prices completely nerfed!" thread with still no official answer, and our double tickets that were supposed to start today, aren't even being awarded yet!

Edit:

Here is a little bit of proof after all

http://forums.station.sony.com/freer...?user_id=65073

The user Ticketfarm who replied to me only had one forum post, the one he/she made in response to me. On his profile it says Number of messages posted: [1] Messages posted by ticketfarm.
    When you click to view the message, it says he/she has ZERO messages found.

I love playing Free Realms and I will continue to, I just want people to know that they can't do things like this without anyone noticing. It's not fair to the community to just censor people instead of answering legitimate concerns. This is not the way to do business!

~Red and blue ink are reserved for staff - thanks. --MissGnomie.
    Last edited by Yarcofin; 07-02-2009 at 11:00 AM.

Superfreak41502 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Free Realms Is Censoring All Opposing Views!!!

well thats not right.. FREEDOM OF SPEECH PEOPLE!!! grrr now im more angry than i was before

i definately agree with you.. i mean yea ok they been giving out alot of stuff and now we're at 4 mill they could have done more. but theres nothing we can do about. They know if we love them game we;'re going to stick with it no matter what they throw at us... As for deleting the post. i hope the mods & admins here dont delete it =/ that would be sad.. People need to know this kind of info..
    Last edited by Superfreak41502; 07-02-2009 at 10:55 AM.

Be yourself.. Imitation is Suicide!

July is offline Amateur Gamer

That's not good... I've seen censoring before over there where they've just deleted the offending text and left a message about playing nicely. Stealth nerfs, stealth post deletion... these aren't sending a good message.

Khamilyon Silverstar - <Insiders>

Its really not right. We do play nice but we are entitled to our opinions

Kade Wolfspotter is offline Amateur Gamer

Everyone's entitled to their opinions and this, of course, will not be censored or deleted on FRI. The only things that we delete or edit/moderate are when members attack other members, things start to get heated, profanity, etc.

We have the advantage of not being owned, run or affiliated with SOE and don't have to uphold any image or PR for FreeRealms.

I'm sorry that it was removed, Yarc, and I understand your frustration and point. I can't recall what forum software they use, but I do know that when a thread or post is deleted on vBulletin, there is no notification sent to the user by default. Only additions to the forum software will generate such notifications (and i still haven't found a modification that does it how I want it done!)

Yay!!!! kade your awesome!!!!!!

Eh, on second thought you can delete this if you want. I just got two months worth of membership and I don't want to really risk getting my account banned >.>

Lol did they give it to you free??

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak41502 View Post
    Lol did they give it to you free??
    Nah I bought 1000 SC, but the terms of service says they can delete my account at any time for any reason without notice. So if somebody is stirring up trouble like this (even on a third party site, word still gets around,) I wouldn't put it past them. lol.
    Last edited by Yarcofin; 07-02-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Oh thats awesome you got membership!! i doubt they would come here though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast