Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Superfreak41502 is offline Master Gamer

Default Free Realms Article

I found this article on Yahoo today.. Just wanted to share it with everyone.. =)

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/p...player/1326770

my favorite part is about world of warcraft taking 6 months to do what free realms did in 7 weeks

Be yourself.. Imitation is Suicide!

GinnyLavacrest is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Free Realms Article

OMG that is great
    Oh there is also an Article in this months Game Informer Mag

Superfreak41502 is offline Master Gamer

i know ive been meaning to scan it but.. i keep forgetting lol

Be yourself.. Imitation is Suicide!

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

I know everyone involved in developing free realms is tooting their horns right now... lol we also have to keep it in perspective - World of warcraft was the first MMO to really take on the approach of a user friendly interface and interactions & opened the door for many others to take part.

There is also the debate of how they count the users. Free realms counts registered users - in theory that could mean if someone walked in and created 5 accounts they would all count ~~ most MMOs count their current subscribed user base (which I believe is currently at 11 mil but I would have to double check that and they would have probably 100s more that are not currently active at any given time (thus not a subscribed user)), that would be a little difficult for free realms to do b/c they do not have a fee.

Still, with that all in mind it is a great feat. It shows how much the MMO genre has grown over the past 4-5 years & continues to do. Online community gaming isn't going anywhere fast.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.